Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Well why bring it up? One post, disappointed John never got it and move on! Either of the candidates would have made a difference based on our last run of results... as it stands a lot of negative crap comes out, mainly by faceless posters who'll gladly hide behind the computer and complain...

As for today if Cargin keep their nerve and discipline (which has been excellent) they'll come through handy enough, other game be a lot tighter ... Lamhs by a point... two SW referees to to keep everyone happy ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 30, 2017, 11:30:35 AM
i think i had my fingers crossed for the entire game last night. I would say Moneyglass will be kicking themselves after that second half as they started really well and had us pinned back big time, our passing up front was bad for a long period but that being said we got the scores when they counted and got over the line.

2 finals in a row is a great achievement when you consider we were in Div 3 when the current management took over.

the minors are in the B semi final on Sunday so it would be great for the club to keep the success going

Good win for you. Sounded like a tight one.

To be fair dunloy have always had very good footballers just found it hard combining the dual aspect. You mentioned a game against st galls in the 90s - i also remember one against cargin you were close enough in and could maybe have won a championship had you won it.

That final will be interesting. Greg blaney's son seems to be a good one and a young finnegan or maybe two are pretty good too so will be a tough game for you but wouldn't be surprised if you win either.

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah they are a good team. we played well against them up in the league and were up at half time only for them to pin us back pretty well for the game to finish a draw.

There was no injuries to report so thankfully it leaves us clear for next weekend against Sneill in the hurling. its going to take a big effort to finally win this intermediate championship, cannot deal with 3 finals in a row losing - boke
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

Would be a most significant acquisition if true.

Milltown Row2

Good win for Lamhs, have seen them a lot this season having gone a few of their games, fancied them ... they will give whoever wins the other all they want... different approach this time round, SW teams obviously still devastated at the news  ;)

I'm joking
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

No one at the match? I was ref'ing in Portaferry so couldn't make it... seems from the Antrim twitter they were in control the whole way

bannside

Couldn't make it was working. Got home for the minor champion ship semi final where an impressive Aghagallon beat Ballymena. Straight afterwards, and still going strong under the best floodlights in the county, and possibly the best pitch too, is an 8 team underage blitz from three counties. Really impressive sight and what else would you be doing on a Saturday night in the country.

Milltown Row2

Seen some photos there now and impressive it is, also seen photos of Glenavy, pitch looked immaculate

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on September 30, 2017, 08:34:08 PM
Couldn't make it was working. Got home for the minor champion ship semi final where an impressive Aghagallon beat Ballymena. Straight afterwards, and still going strong under the best floodlights in the county, and possibly the best pitch too, is an 8 team underage blitz from three counties. Really impressive sight and what else would you be doing on a Saturday night in the country.

County website has wrong result up

Mickey Linden

A few posts ago football in Belfast was dead. Now a minor championship in the bag and looks like ld will give the senior a real shot. Is there a sw crisis?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 30, 2017, 11:52:53 PM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 30, 2017, 11:44:45 PM
A few posts ago football in Belfast was dead. Now a minor championship in the bag and looks like ld will give the senior a real shot. Is there a sw crisis?
Minor championship in the bag? No, and nothing like it.

He probably means Junior.... just whisper it though

Hoof Hearted

Having read over the last few pages lads it's obvious the way this county is
For anyone who doesn' know me I'm a bellaghy man now  living in Antrim ( moneyglass ) and played in Antrim football ( portglenone )
The city / country divide would put Celtic  / rangers to Shame
Until that's sorted it wouldn't matter if diarmuid Connelly Paul mannion or James McCarthy lived in Antrim ( and Jim Gavin ) you would win f**k all
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hoof Hearted

I ain't biting ye McCooey hoor I ain't biting
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Glad to see the internet is back up and running in the SW, thought it would be out till at least 4.30pm today or if the Johnnies win it wouldn't be on till the first NFL match...

All joking aside I never knew there was a SW city divide .. those north Antrim hoors always had issues but the SW just did what they were told  :P I jest of course

Few things that stand out is the fact there hasn't been a SW manager, that's criminal, though I'd like to hear the history of appointments, how many from the SW actually applied for the job, yes Cargin are the only senior team to win the championship in recent years (not always with a clubman) but how many have applied from their club for the position.... either way there are plenty candidates about Madden and McKeever being two of the standouts...

Let's see how Antrim fair with Lenny who I believe lived out in the SW for a while (I stand to be corrected)

Gold

I disagree JMK is too young...theres an appetite for younger managers with a finger on the pulse re all to include S and C etc

As BS said the appointment of Lenny does same to be a bit samey although i hope to god its not.

I think the appointment of the younger man wouldve been exciting for us supporters and the players. That St Galls team really managed themselves, they were that good and should have won more than the one AI, they had the talent. Due to that people will be sceptical of Lenny...its not as if he brought some no hopers to a title through shear tactical nous. Im not being disrespectful, its just somethibg many have shared

But Lenny is a good fella who you couldn't say a bad word about  him, his appointment is underwhelming (and we are totally in the dark about backroom team) but i wish him well and would absolutely love if he leads us out of the wilderness to some sort of success as we have massive numbers of supporters waiting to for a team worthy of support  (id go to away div 4 games though as i supoort no matter what) and that proof is the nunbers we had in 09
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."