Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well

That's up to him. Surely he knows the issues within the County as well as anyone on here but he is still willing to give it a rattle. Time will tell I suppose.

bit of banter

Like what ? What do we need for our players that fitzy didnt have last year. O thats right he hadnt a big enough backroom team.
Lennys won a senior all ireland club title im sure hes well aware what the county will need.

Spike

Quote from: bit of banter on September 25, 2017, 11:43:50 PM
Ok lets round up 20 sw men give them expenses totaling around 100,000 a year and we will pick up sam within the next 3 years sure if its backroom men we need lets just go get them. Forget about the players.

God forbid we spent any money or got a SW man in.  The board have just appointed the same type of manager they always do - bargain bucket - so we'll just be getting served up the same crud as we have as past few years.   Whats worng with changing the record to see what happens? Cant be any worse.

Spike

Quote from: bit of banter on September 26, 2017, 12:00:45 AM
Like what ? What do we need for our players that fitzy didnt have last year. O thats right he hadnt a big enough backroom team.
Lennys won a senior all ireland club title im sure hes well aware what the county will need.

Lenny won the all ireland with a club side who were well established over the previous decade and already beaten in an all ireland final. Antrim is a completely different set of circumstances. And more importantly, the players can see what Antrim board is now offering conpared to other county set ups, will get frustrated, lose full buy in and the vicious circle starts again.  If Lenny gets no budget for a good backroom set up he ia up against it again.  If the board are going bargain bucket for the manager then they need to back Lenny and give him the funds for a proper professional set up like every other county in ireland has.

Galer

Rafferty took st galls to an all ireland final and ask bellaghy what they think of him.lenny doesnt even get any credit from st galls people for there all ireland.he has told the county board his backroom and costs so no he doesnt have the same budget.so we will get some exboxer from belfast from s&c,some one who has done a marathon in less than 5 hrs as fitness coach.and who will b fiddled in for the catering this time.saff vision could have made a serious statement with there selection instead its the same old.
Bannside ur very quiet now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on September 25, 2017, 11:05:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2017, 10:56:47 PM
Quote from: Spike on September 25, 2017, 10:49:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2017, 10:46:10 PM
Quote from: Spike on September 25, 2017, 10:41:01 PM
Utter madness.  Build on fitzys work??? Ffs.     As for pleasing the SW players, just once appoint a suitable SW man and not one of the boys.  Just take a look at the last 50 years - the only glimpse of success we had was with a non west belfast man.  Just try something different rather than repeat the same formula for underachievement every year.  West belfast man-check.  Trainings in belfast - check. Every man, woman, child in west belfast gets a trial game in the league - check. Parachute belfast 'stars' in the week before ulster championship - check.  Utter failure in ulster championship - check. Repeat ad nauseum.

Im sure lenny is a really nice guy...but...he is just another cliche antrim manager

Who was on the panel to pick a manager? Was there any SW men on it? Oh wait

Never bite the hand tbat feeds you

Does a dark cloud follow you everywhere?

They were hardly getting paid for searching for a manager ffs! Jesus you really are dumb..

Rich coming from a pleb who spouts about all things antrim and didnt know who was in for the job.  A man obviously  with his finger on the pulse. Not a scooy do u have.

I for one sincerely hope Lenny proves to be a success, but it will be luck not good planning by the antrim.board

But I did know ya numpty! You never came out with it that's why I asked ... you are coming across as a proper twat
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Galer on September 26, 2017, 07:06:23 AM
Rafferty took st galls to an all ireland final and ask bellaghy what they think of him.lenny doesnt even get any credit from st galls people for there all ireland.he has told the county board his backroom and costs so no he doesnt have the same budget.so we will get some exboxer from belfast from s&c,some one who has done a marathon in less than 5 hrs as fitness coach.and who will b fiddled in for the catering this time.saff vision could have made a serious statement with there selection instead its the same old.
Bannside ur very quiet now

I fail to see what O'Rouke and McKeever have done at management level that Lenny hasn't? Was McKeever ever part of a county team set up before?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2017, 07:43:38 AM
Utter madness.  Build on fitzys work??? Ffs.     As for pleasing the SW players, just once appoint a suitable SW man and not one of the boys.  Just take a look at the last 50 years - the only glimpse of success we had was with a non west belfast man.  Just try something different rather than repeat the same formula for underachievement every year.  West belfast man-check.  Trainings in belfast - check. Every man, woman, child in west belfast gets a trial game in the league - check. Parachute belfast 'stars' in the week before ulster championship - check.  Utter failure in ulster championship - check. Repeat ad nauseum.

Im sure lenny is a really nice guy...but...he is just another cliche antrim manager

They were hardly getting paid for searching for a manager ffs! Jesus you really are dumb..

Rich coming from a pleb who spouts about all things antrim and didnt know who was in for the job.  A man obviously  with his finger on the pulse. Not a scooy do u have.

I for one sincerely hope Lenny proves to be a success, but it will be luck not good planning by the antrim.board

But I did know ya numpty! You never came out with it that's why I asked ... you are coming across as a proper twat

Personal insults sum you up MR2.  No debate just slabbering in front of a keyboard.

JimStynes

If you put all 3 CVs out on the table and didn't take into consideration what county they're from then Lenny would come out on top. O'Rourke is hardly Jim Gavin ffs.

Stillwater2

What happened with the PRO last night? Read an earlier post about something happening. Be a terrible shame if we lost him, best we have had in a long time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on September 26, 2017, 08:03:52 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2017, 07:43:38 AM

Personal insults sum you up MR2.  No debate just slabbering in front of a keyboard.

You brought in the insults first, youve no debate what so ever

saffronog67

With all the CV's on the table, yes, Lenny would come out on top.

The difference, as mentioned before, is that McKeever and O'Rourke have been a part of professional set ups and from what I hear were demanding that Antrim transitioned in to a professional set up. Which means the highest level of funding possible.

Of course, Saffron vision are in their infancy of their bigger picture and perhaps they are not ready to invest such capital. With the business scheme starting to gain momentum we might be in a far stronger position financially in 2/3 years time.

Did I hear JC was a part of the backroom staff, that might appease all the SW chat on here?

Galer

There not ready to invest in football u mean.if the hurlers ask they get.dont want to give off about lenny as im sure he is a good fella with a sound football knowledge but he will be hamstrung to.the sw reps will be mcaleer,delargy and a few aghallon boys

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog67 on September 26, 2017, 09:20:36 AM
With all the CV's on the table, yes, Lenny would come out on top.

The difference, as mentioned before, is that McKeever and O'Rourke have been a part of professional set ups and from what I hear were demanding that Antrim transitioned in to a professional set up. Which means the highest level of funding possible.

Of course, Saffron vision are in their infancy of their bigger picture and perhaps they are not ready to invest such capital. With the business scheme starting to gain momentum we might be in a far stronger position financially in 2/3 years time.

Did I hear JC was a part of the backroom staff, that might appease all the SW chat on here?

you mean they were getting paid?

Spike

My IQ points have dipped just engaging with MR2 and his playground antics but i digress......

Ive no doubt JC will make a good link with the SW contingent and that can only be a positive.  Its just that SV were supposed to be game changers but all we see is apparently the same formula of previous regimes regurgitated in regard to manager, budgets etc etc

Hoped this time it would be different but if this is the route we are on then for goodness sake give the man a proper backroom team, staff and facilities. Give some acknowledgement to the SW and respect for its players by training there - at least you'll soon see who is committed.

No doubt further details will emerge in due course but lets hope Lenny gets the full financial and supportive backing of the board and no reneging on promises come january.