Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Indeed Bannside, and so do I......and do u think Gerry Barry would have condoned such behaviour as per TR?

bannside

It definitely wouldn't have been Gerrys style that's for sure. Manys a great chat we had, the last one in St Galls one Sunday afternoon not much longer than a year ago and he was despairing of the way things were going. Yet too much of  a gentleman to openly criticise or apportion blame. A man of principle that served the county with honour.

country bumpkin

Lighten up HS......didn't Cargin stand aside and give ur lads a couple county titles......life could be worse.....sure u could be transferred to Corrigan :)

bannside

He'd have needed his wits about him that's for sure. More to the point HS, are you travelling in confidence tomorrow to the banks of the bann?

country bumpkin

Like ur style.......Cargin have yet to beat the Rossa men in a county final.......here's hoping :D

country bumpkin

JB has met with Cargin players to outline '17 programme....changes afoot :)

bannside

Should be a good final, I'll get in early for it and catch a good bit of the first game which starts at 12.30.

Looking forward to seeing some good match ups. Pat Brannigan versus either Sean Pat or Deaghlan Murphy would be tasty. Paddy Mc Parland some asset for Rossa. He'd be playing six I reckon. Think he too could be a future Saffron.

bannside

That's next year's championship sorted then CB!  Do you think anyone in Antrim is capable of beating the Green Machine?

country bumpkin

Have taken 2/1 3 in a row from my friendly odds layer BS..last season's takings......2017 will test the Milltown men.....losing to the Culchies, and well beaten in back to back years asks questions on resolve..... ???
JB is not thinking on a change of attire HS but I await invitation for an audience.

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 03, 2016, 11:43:53 PM
Have taken 2/1 3 in a row from my friendly odds layer BS..last season's takings......2017 will test the Milltown men.....losing to the Culchies, and well beaten in back to back years asks questions on resolve..... ???
JB is not thinking on a change of attire HS but I await invitation for an audience.

I've the house on a 3 in a row

Milltown Row2

Maybe next year you'll put more effort into winning a match in the Ulster championship, we won't be your main contenders next year. Rossa maybe?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2016, 10:54:22 AM
Maybe next year you'll put more effort into winning a match in the Ulster championship, we won't be your main contenders next year. Rossa maybe?
Perhaps you are on the mark MR2, but as to the seeding system we will not meet in the first round......dangers aplenty with Gall's first in queue, with Creggan, the Johnnies, L Dearg and Rossa there as well.....what bout Aghagallon?

JimStynes

It's been some year for Aghagallon! ;D
Didn't play well today but got the win.

JimStynes

Hope you weren't involved in that fight Hardstation ;)
What kicked that off? You boys lost the plot with about 10 to go.

bannside

Thought it was a great match with two well drilled teams. Both clubs have plenty to look forward to. Defensively Aghagallon as impressive as any club team I've seen, and their keepers ability to find a man from his kick outs was top class. That and a wonder save in the first half probably shaded him the MOM in my opinion.