Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inabsentia

Quote from: Hectic on November 03, 2016, 03:00:03 PM
Quote from: Stillwater2 on November 03, 2016, 02:29:04 PM
Talking of clubs improving there facilities, I see on Social media that Sarsfields have got the green light for new changing rooms. Long overdue.

Fair play to them, that the new 4G pitch last year that my own club trained on last year and then this. Big steps forward.

With the terracing and seating, they wont be far off hosting games in 2017. Parking may be an issue though

Whats the pitch like at Sarsfields these days?  I remember a lot of years ago it was like a bog if there had been rain - assume that has been addressed at this stage?

It'd still be as heavy as ever outside of the good Summer months. Always find the grass to be too long.

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: Galer on November 03, 2016, 09:08:34 AM
Look im not saying they wont challenge but i would look to someone who has won a chamionship b4 at any level and yes they might nip one but i think lamh dhearg is closer and as 4 half-armagh-gallon they have no chance bottom tier of div1 or top of div2 for a long time

Have to correct you there m8. Only 1/3 Armagh. 1/3 Antrim and 1/3 down. But 100% scenes caused

Hectic

Quote from: Galer on November 03, 2016, 09:08:34 AM
Look im not saying they wont challenge but i would look to someone who has won a chamionship b4 at any level and yes they might nip one but i think lamh dhearg is closer and as 4 half-armagh-gallon they have no chance bottom tier of div1 or top of div2 for a long time

Aghagallon have a lot of potential but aside from realising the potential of individual players they also have to keep them - a lot of good players have not played beyond early 20's down the years for one reason or another.

country bumpkin

Have been impressed with what I have seen of Aghagallon this year, but will reserve judgement to next year.......lot harder to impress in the top grade ???

Hectic

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 04, 2016, 01:20:07 PM
Have been impressed with what I have seen of Aghagallon this year, but will reserve judgement to next year.......lot harder to impress in the top grade ???

That is a fair stance - and despite Aghagallon tearing up Div 2 last year I am well aware that with league reconstruction it was probably a weaker division than it has been for some time.  I think they will have had a good season if they maintain their Div 1 status and I think they will.

bannside

Aghagallons Davy Mc Alernon has been a huge waste to the county. The whole way from U -15 to U -21 I would have been involved in teams that David was part of and he was always one of the best in a talented year group that included Mick Mc Cann, Nibs, Paddy Cunningham Andy Mc Clean etc. Then he fisappeared abroad for half a dozen years. Still Aghagallon main man and I'd say could step up to the Saffron jersey anytime still.

bannside

Tomorrow's u 21 match between St John's and Aghagallon should be interesting. Any pre match predictions?

Portglenone came from six down to beat Creggan by a point today. We now play the winners of tomorrows game.

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: bannside on November 05, 2016, 10:36:21 PM
Tomorrow's u 21 match between St John's and Aghagallon should be interesting. Any pre match predictions?

Portglenone came from six down to beat Creggan by a point today. We now play the winners of tomorrows game.

Depends how many got lucky at the aghagallon camogs fundraiser. Mightn't be fit for much today

bannside

Mickey Linden

Was at the pg1 creggan game yesterday and although pg1 rode their luck at times (their keeper was excellent) the future looks bright in portglenone. The feeling leaving the ground yesterday was that the game was effectively the final so I would fully expect pg1 to finish the job which bodes well for their future

bannside

It was a nail biter alright Mick. Not much between two decent enough sides. It's wide open now I'd say any of the last five have a chance. St Endas must be favourites though after their easy win over LD today.

Hectic

Quote from: bannside on November 06, 2016, 06:39:58 PM
It was a nail biter alright Mick. Not much between two decent enough sides. It's wide open now I'd say any of the last five have a chance. St Endas must be favourites though after their easy win over LD today.

Aghagallon favourites for me.

The Gs Man

Very low scoring match yesterday at Aghagallon.

St.John's missed a good few frees but Aghagallon always seemed to keep them at bay.  Didn't really get out of second gear either, particularly in the second half.

Still, it'll take a good team to beat us.
Keep 'er lit

Galer

Heard creggan where robbed .was madden managing creggan,image that didnt go down to well st endas looked very good against ld thought they would have been a match 4 them

Galer