Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 22, 2016, 09:46:11 AM
Why are Glenravel Con Magees playing in the Junior championship when they are a Division 2 team?  Surely thats not right?

Them and Ardoyne should be a good semi final.

Antrim will beat St Malachys in the other semi final, they are not a bad team and should put it up to the winners of the other semi final

They were a Div2 team this season because the leagues changed and they went up by default if you like.

Hectic

Who cares? Ardoyne will beat them easy!

Hectic

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 22, 2016, 09:30:14 AM
big win for ourselves on sat evening against St. Endas. went to extra time and held them scoreless to get through. very impressed with the lads

Did not surprise me in the slightest. St Enda's got a wee bit of learning to do yet in my opioion.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Hectic on August 22, 2016, 11:09:03 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 22, 2016, 09:30:14 AM
big win for ourselves on sat evening against St. Endas. went to extra time and held them scoreless to get through. very impressed with the lads

Did not surprise me in the slightest. St Enda's got a wee bit of learning to do yet in my opioion.

To be fair St Endas shot a lot of poor wides and had enough chances to win the game themselves. We did ride our luck and ended up coming through. St Endas look to have a good team in the making if they can stick at it.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hectic

I just think Dunloy have the know how that St Endas lack right now. Saw it in last years Championship. St End as are still on an upward curve generally but have a few things to add to their game, most notably a wee bit of a ruthless streak.

JimStynes

Aghagallon had a good win against St Enda's tonight to win Division 2.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on August 24, 2016, 11:23:47 PM
Aghagallon had a good win against St Enda's tonight to win Division 2.

Refereed the first league game between these at Hightown... Very close game and great game to ref... Well done Aghagallon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

So another division one league title secured and the Eddie Fitzsimmons trophy is bound for the Shore road......not that anybody in the club seemed to notice......well think that is the 22nd time, and perhaps the focus is on something else  ;)

Milltown Row2

22 championships, a few ulsters and an All Ireland would be the target id imagine??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Gs Man

Handy enough win for Aghagallon last night to secure the league.

2015, 3rd Division Champions
2016 2nd Division Champions
2017 ??????:P
Keep 'er lit

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 25, 2016, 08:25:21 AM
22 championships, a few ulsters and an All Ireland would be the target id imagine??
Would be flying a bit high methinks.....but hey one can dream MR2.... ;)

Hectic

Glad to see Aghagallon up after the way they were relegated a couple of years ago. Div 1 does not appear as difficult to stay in with the extra teams so no reason Aghagallon could not get a foothold next season and then kick on after that with what is a young team.

Spike

Quote from: bannside on August 13, 2016, 10:49:21 AM
Was at the game last night. Creggan the deserved winners although gutsy Ahoghill didn't lose anything in defeat. Creggan have definitely kicked on under Kevin and are playing a nice brand of football. Got a good handful of scoring forwards which they haven't had before (two Small brothers take some watching) and plenty of football throughout the team.

Creggan have to be in the mix for silverware. I see the winners of them and Cargin lifting the silverware and keeping the title in the South West.

???
What game were you watching? A nice brand of football and kicked on?? Complete dross and Creggan are the epitome of the horrible defensive disease that has spread through the game. Fully expecting another 5-3 thriller coming up.

country bumpkin

See Cargin have now added reserve league to their earlier championship success, and with the div one title also secured what price an unheralded clean sweep :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 28, 2016, 07:17:43 PM
See Cargin have now added reserve league to their earlier championship success, and with the div one title also secured what price an unheralded clean sweep :)

Wow!! Well done , I've booked St Paddies day off  ::)