Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

So round one to Cargin MR2................1-14 to 0-09 :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 15, 2016, 10:07:26 PM
So round one to Cargin MR2................1-14 to 0-09 :)

Yeah, reserve final champions, its turning out to be a great season so far, our lads are disappointed but could never claw back that lead...

Great price for senior
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

any idea why there is a round of league fixtures at 7pm on sunday? i know its not a great excuse but a bit harsh on fathers day for lads with families etc, and also nothing worse than a day waiting around for football.

NAG1

Quote from: themac_23 on June 17, 2016, 10:45:28 AM
any idea why there is a round of league fixtures at 7pm on sunday? i know its not a great excuse but a bit harsh on fathers day for lads with families etc, and also nothing worse than a day waiting around for football.

Is this tongue in cheek Mac?
If we start putting off games for father's day what is next, no games on your birthday?

diegoforlan1

Should be on Friday night! Ireland game sat, few cheeky beers

themac_23

Quote from: NAG1 on June 17, 2016, 10:51:37 AM
Quote from: themac_23 on June 17, 2016, 10:45:28 AM

Is this tongue in cheek Mac?
If we start putting off games for father's day what is next, no games on your birthday?

Was indeed lol, just dont like football at 7 on a sunday evening, just seen there that Antrim Hurlers play derry on sunday at 5 so actually pleased that a round of games wasn't called off and times changed instead!

country bumpkin

No blanket defence in sight tonite in Corrigan MR2.....JB has tossed it into the Bann, to cover those league medals is possible.

Cargin are getting into stride methinks and will welcome ur boys to Toome in a couple of weeks.........but hey it's only the league this time :)

bannside

Very quiet here regarding the match tomorrow. Anyway good luck to the panel and management. A win is very possible if we go at them a bit. Personally I won't see it as the end of the world of we lose....as long as we have a proper go and if we do go down it must be with swords high.

There is no appetite whatsoever for the kind of negative football we have been watching recently so there's 70 mins ahead to show what we can do.  Here's hoping to be in the draw on Monday morning.

Milltown Row2

Giving two early goals away
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Picture on St Johns Twitter feed sums it up, 1 Antrim man inside Limericks 45..

imtommygunn

If you play barely any forwards and you attack at that slow pace you will win nothing.

Take the ball at pace and break tackles. The inability to do that was shocking. Slow ponderous build ups relentlessly.

Limerick weren't good either and we should be better than that.

themac_23

I hate having a go at management teams but that today was a disgrace, playing with a big wind and we play defensive football? Limerick were not a good side at all two terrible sides but we should have went out and set the stall out, we didn't we let Limerick dictate the first half and have the score line on their terms. Also, free takers, we had 4/5 free takers throughout the game. CK came up and kicked a dead ball from a tough enough angle had the distance not the accuracy, next free same distance right in front of the posts, he wanted to hit it and told to stay back? Can't understand that.

I actually feel sick, paid £16 in, £2 programme and a few ballots £23 in total for that?? Disgrace, no wonder there was no crowd how could you bring a family to that??? Gaa needs to sort it out

BrendanAntrim

Diabolical performance. Frankly unacceptable and there is now surely a serious question mark over who will be managing our footballers next year.

Minder

Is it always the managers fault though ? We have a few posters on here that tell us that we could potentially be as good as some top Div 2 teams.

That is obvious bollocks
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

With our best team i think we would be mid to bottom division 3.

The tactics have been really bad. Fermanagh are just better than us but we should be able to beat limerick.

We are failing really badly to move the ball with any pace and just can not break tackles - at all.