Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

A good result for us with louth getting beat too bs. At least gives us some wiggle room for a bit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on March 06, 2016, 07:19:48 PM
Don't think that answer is forthcoming MR! Anyways, another 2 points in our charge to get out of the basement. Didn't make it over but will get the lowdown on it shortly.

A long day for players up since 5am to get ready and off to the airport. Not ideal for optimum performance but job done and congrats to all involved. Chris the only keeper in the league not to concede a goal.

Nope doesn't seem to be coming.... Hopefully he wasn't watching the Kerry game  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Don't think that answer is forthcoming MR! Anyways, another 2 points in our charge to get out of the basement. Didn't make it over but will get the lowdown on it shortly.

A long day for players up since 5am to get ready and off to the airport. Not ideal for optimum performance but job done and congrats to all involved. Chris the only keeper in the league not to concede a goal.

Why did they not fly over yesterday? That's a long day to be messing about before a football game.

SaffronHeart

Hurlers getting to stay over too... footballers still unbeaten great to see. Would be fantastic if we could go through the whole league unbeaten, it is well within this teams remit. Waterford at home up next

bogieman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2016, 07:50:39 PM

Nope doesn't seem to be coming.... Hopefully he wasn't watching the Kerry game  ::)

Are you guys actually waiting for an answer to a rhetorical question ?

May as well ask "Does anything eat wasps ?" and open a discussion on stupid birds...
"How long can you live on beer ?", now that's a question to improve our wisdom.
Cheating is wrong, plain and simple.
'nuff said on this for me  :-X
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bogieman on March 08, 2016, 09:16:55 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2016, 07:50:39 PM

Are you guys actually waiting for an answer to a rhetorical question ?

May as well ask "Does anything eat wasps ?" and open a discussion on stupid birds...
"How long can you live on beer ?", now that's a question to improve our wisdom.
Cheating is wrong, plain and simple.
'nuff said on this for me  :-X

You ever foul in a match?? is that easy enough to answer then? 

I believe you are avoiding the question
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

How will our 21s fare against Derry..........have we any chance at all?

Peileadoir

Wouldn't think we have much of a chance although would love to be proven wrong. While we seem to be able to win matches at the minor grade and at least be competitive, I cant remember when the last time was that we won a match in the Ulster U-21 championship. Don't think the preparations have been helped by Johnnies involvement in the Ulster club U-21 although as far as know most of their U-21 team is now overage and of those eligible Conor Johnston is not making himself available due to hurling. Think St. Enda's seem to have the biggest representation along with Aghagallon. Maybe they'll be helped by the fact that they have their own management team this year in Gerard McNulty and Sean McGoldrick whereas in the past few years they've just trained with the seniors. We live in hope. Just a pity its up in Derry as it's a long journey for any city based supporters midweek.

bannside

We beat Fermanagh by 12 points in the first round in 2006. That was the last time we won.  Came close two years ago by drawing with Armagh but lost the replay. Will head up tomorrow more in hope than in expectation.

Derry have a few live wire corner forwards in Niall Loughlin and Niall Toner. Corner backs need to be on their toes with a good reader playing in front of them cutting our the supply.  Easier said than done! I'd have seen them both playing loads of times from juvenile up. They are both on the Derry senior panel.

stiffler

Has the u21 line up been announced as yet ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bannside

Just saw the Derry team there. If we get matched up properly I don't think we will be far away. Good luck to all in Saffron.

bannside

Antrim team not picked yet Stiffler. Looks like they are leaving it until tomorrow night. Should be interesting!

Gold

Quote from: bannside on March 08, 2016, 09:06:04 PM
Antrim team not picked yet Stiffler. Looks like they are leaving it until tomorrow night. Should be interesting!

Not overly!

NO WIN IN TEN YEARS!

Beat Fermanagh in 06. Beat Armagh in 03...cannot remember the last win before that
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Points a Good Score

Anybody at the Under 21 match last night, seems like we mounted a spirited comeback but just left too much to do?

bannside

Yes I was at it. What kind of feedback would you like? I could give you "Eternal Optimist". I could give you "Brutally Honest" or I could give you "Another Wasted Year". I could give you "Level 2 coach" perspective. I could give you the "what we need to do to be competitive at this level" answer...having been part of the management when we last won a game at this level in 2006. I can offer that as we got it right in 06. The year before we didnt and got what we deserved. There is a huge difference.

Does anyone REALLY care? There might have been 50 Antrim supporters there last night, mostly enthusiastic parents who wouldnt be there otherwise. Credit to all the players who kept plugging to the end. Some did well enough over the hour and others were blatantly out of their depth. I wont name names as thats cheap and nasty on a public forum.