Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

fatheadpg1 you left that detracting comment against Aghagallon hanging. Who can you name playing for the U21s who did not play for other teams in the club this season. I bet that you cannot name one.

Hectic

Also fatheadpg1 how did PG1 get pased into the B final. Might be a B final but would still be good for the club to continue the trend over the last few years of lifting silverware - good habit to get into.

fatheadpg1

Hectic

Not crying at all. Just interested to hear how you reckon 'st marys have got a few players in from other clubs'. This was always thrown at St.Galls when they started being succeesful by those envious of their achieveents. Don't make comment if you cannot stand over it  :'(

bannside

St John's March on in persuit of Antrim and Ulster U-21 glory. Today they were half a dozen points too much for St Endas who pushed them all the way in a closer game than the scoreline suggests. Matt Fitzpatrick the difference but lots to like about gutsy St Endas who are all about next year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on November 22, 2015, 10:08:02 PM
St John's March on in persuit of Antrim and Ulster U-21 glory. Today they were half a dozen points too much for St Endas who pushed them all the way in a closer game than the scoreline suggests. Matt Fitzpatrick the difference but lots to like about gutsy St Endas who are all about next year.

Surely not!!!! We were told no one will get within ten points.... Slipping up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Well

Any word on when/where the U21 Final will be?

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2015, 10:15:23 PM

Ha big effort from St.Endas yesterday but well beaten in the end - always a danger St.Johns would get a bit laxy dasy at some stage. Took in the other game yesterday in what was a very good contest with Glenravel probably feeling very unlucky to lose with some fine last ditch saves by the winners defence as they were totally penned in for the last 15 mins. Nonetheless while Aghagallon will be grateful to have sneaked through they will not beat St.Johns next Sunday.

Hectic

Quote from: fatheadpg1 on November 17, 2015, 12:33:02 PM
hectic- I think st marys have got a few players in from other clubs- Ive heard they have a couple of cracking underage players one going by the name od Cealion 'Sid' Kearny ... Glenravel have a very strong spine and have a lot of u21s on the senior panel to provide experience

fatheadpg1 credit where it is due on your observations - Glenravel did indeed have a very strong spine and in fact having seen them twice earlier this season have an awful lot of their senior team playing U21 - a much stronger team than I anticipated.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hectic on November 23, 2015, 09:43:22 AM

Ha big effort from St.Endas yesterday but well beaten in the end - always a danger St.Johns would get a bit laxy dasy at some stage. Took in the other game yesterday in what was a very good contest with Glenravel probably feeling very unlucky to lose with some fine last ditch saves by the winners defence as they were totally penned in for the last 15 mins. Nonetheless while Aghagallon will be grateful to have sneaked through they will not beat St.Johns next Sunday.

10 points win then at least in the final?  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Gs Man

Was at the Aghagallon game myself.

A nervy last 10 minutes to say the least.  However, they should never have been in that position as they wasted a lot of chances in the first half.

Looking forward to the final!  It's been a very successful year all round for Aghagallon.  Any ideas where it will be held?

PS. Getting players in from other clubs?  Was that a serious statement?  Obviously taking the piss?
Keep 'er lit

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2015, 01:17:19 PM
Quote from: Hectic on November 23, 2015, 09:43:22 AM

10 points win then at least in the final?  ::)

Hard to say.  If you were to give me evens on it I would certainly take it.  I would say 10-15 pts but as yesterday showed me teams mature from the minor age group with Aghagallon hanging on desperately but what I would say looking at yesterdays teams is that while both had some very fine footballers on display, neither were a top team from 1-15 with both looking pretty youthful in some areas and no doubt still improving.  I think St Johns will dominate the majority of the lines and come through handy. That said I would prefer it to be a tight contest as yesterdays viewing was much more enjoyable than a turkey shoot.

Gold

Is this Johns u-21 team on a par with the Galls one of about 10 years ago?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

general_lee

If anything Aghagallon lost players who transferred to some of the Lurgan teams a few years back if memory serves me right as they couldn't field a minor team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gold on November 23, 2015, 02:00:41 PM
Is this Johns u-21 team on a par with the Galls one of about 10 years ago?

Which under 21 team? We won five in a row ;)