Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Collie played senior football and hurling for the Johnnies, so I doubt you'd be calling his ability to referee, and Aidan did our semi final this year and by all accounts did a decent job.

So did he go to the reporter and demand that they hear his story or was he asked to give an account of his refereeing career?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

culchie11

MR2 as i said i didnt question other refs!! not even ur good self  ;)

i know what side of story u will hear, but dont always believe everything u hear from a fellow club man lol

by the way did u read the piece? how many mentions does he give to the many finals he did club & county??

surely u wudnt forget to mention them if you were recalling ur career!

an axe to grind me thinks!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: culchie11 on November 13, 2014, 04:24:24 PM
MR2 as i said i didnt question other refs!! not even ur good self  ;)

i know what side of story u will hear, but dont always believe everything u hear from a fellow club man lol

by the way did u read the piece? how many mentions does he give to the many finals he did club & county??

surely u wudnt forget to mention them if you were recalling ur career!

an axe to grind me thinks!

In fairness I haven't read the article, but if someone wants to send a link to it I'll run my eye over it and give you a better response, though I didn't claim to read it or make any judgement on it, nor did I ask the man in questions, working away in Engerland for few months so out of the loop on things
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

Who won the south west player of the year award ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ManInBlackandGreen

Culchie11 I read it is there anything factually incorrect? Thought it was quiet tame in all fairness was expecting more bite from it so in that respect I was disappointed in it. Would you referee? He has done a number of finals in both codes and at national including a Christy Ring and AI 1/4, s and semi, s so what is your particular beef with it? The CHC which I think he is referring as we all know those in the inner circle is a joke and he's right every man and his feckn dog gets a chance to turn up at those meetings except the refs. The rest of the article tends to deal with oersonal experiences. If it had of been me I would have had a go at most of that useless ex committee and the balls up it continually makes casement and dunsilly to quote the obvious. So again where is the controversy apart from your own petty issue's,  he must have dealt with you at some stage and your now on your wee soap box taking a free one.

bannside

Colm Duffin Moneyglass won SW footballer of the year.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on November 13, 2014, 05:33:16 PM
Colm Duffield Moneyglass won SW footballer of the year.

who the hell is he ? Sounds like an english footballer or something !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: mickey80 on November 13, 2014, 09:02:25 PM
What is this award and how is it decided?

as a relative newcomer to these shores, i think it's a bit like North and South Derry, where the SW Antrim people dont like the McCooeys, and keep the award ceremony to themselves.
So bannside informs me anyway ;)
Country Bumpkin decides it
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

Corrected that there. Predictive text running riot!

stiffler

Quote from: mickey80 on November 13, 2014, 10:38:55 PM
First I've ever heard of it.  Is it like a players player of the year or something?  Sounds crazy!

Think it's voted for by the clubs. Duffin was excellent for mglass this year and deserves the award.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bannside

What's crazy about it? SW clubs all have a vote on their regional player of the year. I would be confident it's been going on for at least 30 years at this stage. Smiley Duffin a great talent aright. He would be expected to go close to a starters jersey for the county but had a few injuries and finished this year strongly to finish top scorer in the c'ship. Good age now to kick on.

bannside

It's co-ordinated by SW board Mickey. They ask clubs for nominations before a certain date and then the clubs vote for their preference. Fairly straightforward. I'd be surprised if NA didn't have a senior hurler of the year award?

paddyjohn

Niall Donnelly from G'ravel got NA junior hurler and Arron Graffin got senior. I think its a good idea to give these divisional board awards out.

country bumpkin

South West Player of the year award goes back a long time, and the issue is decided on nominations from the clubs...............and I had no say in the matter HH.

Milltown Row2

South Antrim did it one year, I didn't win but I was player manager of our south Antrim hurling team and was asked to name a player from another club who (in my opinion) was the best player that season, the fecker won!! he'd look in here every so often, so he owes me a drink. But think that's the only time I seen it happening.

Not a bad thing but you'd be surprised at the lack of knowledge managers/players would have of opposing players