And another few tins in the car,
One of me mates has never been outside the weil west
He says "its a long way to ah hock kill by car"

Not it wont be that long til its over
There'll be little kicking and long range points for sure,
Cargin wont take defeat lightly
Noamh Gall contest Uladh once more

Boom, boom. ;D

Now on with the Show piece.  (I doubt it somehow)  Hi Packi, any more tins left?

1-8 to 0-7 no way back now for Cargin.

I would have been better at home watching Paisleys memorial, I hear Martin (the traitor) was there.

x 4, two more than I predicted, but rubbish football all round.

country bumpkin

U are right (for a change) hs........Cargin dirtied the nest again and I am sure this combination will not be winning championships again in the nesr future.......St Gall's reign will come to an end sooner rather than later...as to the successor to the crown......well ur guess is as good as mine......

Milltown Row2

We won that game without doing anything. Cargin again shit in the nest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

U sure are right MR2...........with the exception of a few individuals (including the keeper), Cargin were woeful.............St Gall's as u say had little to do...........but the difference proved to be a wonderful CJ goal.................hope i am proved wrong (again)...........but i feel such as produced by the Milltown men at Ahogill to-day will fall far short of what will be required if they have aspirations on Ulster.....Clontibret will prove a huge challenge.

bannside

Cootehill beat us by 5 points, proving that we still have a long way to go to be considered amongst the elite in Antrim.

Got a few reports from Ahoghill and by all accounts it was a dire game. Congratulations to St Galls who just simply have the knack of winning of to a fine art. They will enjoy this one as much if not more than any other. Reports of their demise are premature.

Bookies got it spot on again. Bad day for the SW!

getevennotcross

Quote from: bannside on October 19, 2014, 08:24:49 PM
Cootehill beat us by 5 points, proving that we still have a long way to go to be considered amongst the elite in Antrim.

Got a few reports from Ahoghill and by all accounts it was a dire game. Congratulations to St Galls who just simply have the knack of winning of to a fine art. They will enjoy this one as much if not more than any other. Reports of their demise are premature.

Dire is putting it mildly and somewhat flattering. Crossmaglen or Ballinderry would beat the best of both of them.

Gizzy15

Quote from: getevennotcross on October 19, 2014, 09:00:45 PM

Dire is putting it mildly and somewhat flattering. Crossmaglen or Ballinderry would beat the best of both of them.

Just as well Ballinderry are out then.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on October 19, 2014, 09:12:19 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on October 19, 2014, 09:00:45 PM

Just as well Ballinderry are out then.

Yep!! He he
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Was there a decent gate at our senior final?

Jeepers Creepers

A decent crowd and no more.

rashCharacter

Sure nobody has any clue how many were there or how much money was lifted.
No tickets or receipts at the gate as usual

DearyMe

Ok, so took a drive to the county final on Sunday, arrived a casual hour early!!!
Got a prime car space in the first field opposite! Good banter from officials of Ahoghill club ( well done, and thank you btw).

Nice cup of tea and a bitta banter with the lassies behind the counter!

Had the pick of the place, ' where will we stand?'

Half way line, on the bank/hill/slump whatever it is!

Couldn't hear the tannoy, muffled at best ( where I was - although wind played a part in that)

Pitch was in superb condition, great surface! Access to pitch for teams was less than ideal, but did suffice!

As the time approached, I glanced over my shoulder and looked up at the road, a tailback as far as the eye could see!

As the ball wAs thrown in , we jostled for position on the 'bank' to get the best view of the action, heads bobbing up and down like apples in a barrel!

Now WINGNUT this is absolutely no slight on Ahoghill - the banter I had with the welcoming Gaels was great, the tea magic!  But to host a county final with that sort of crowd is beyond the facilities on offer! A great club, a great venue - but not at that standard!

It probably should have been in Ballycastle - based on facilities all in!

What in heavens name are we gonna do in the future????

And btw CB, I expected a little more from you guys, or did I?

There's talk of this Galls team coming to an end, the truth is, when Kelly, MCGourty, GAllagher, STewart etc retire, it will probably happen! Until then we should all just suck it up!

Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Na Glinntí Glasa

went to the final as well with my aul boy on Sunday. whilst ahoghill did a great job in putting the match on and the pitch was in great order its not great for viewing a game, esp if theirs a large crowd. the stewards did a great job in organising the parking and telling you what and where to park but viewing at the ground isn't great.

any county final should be at a venue that has a terrace and ample area for people to see. ballycastle is a good shout. maybe something the county should look at for next year.
hurl like f**k boi!

wingnut

Quote from: DearyMe on October 20, 2014, 03:06:02 PM
Ok, so took a drive to the county final on Sunday, arrived a casual hour early!!!
Got a prime car space in the first field opposite! Good banter from officials of Ahoghill club ( well done, and thank you btw).

Nice cup of tea and a bitta banter with the lassies behind the counter!

Had the pick of the place, ' where will we stand?'

Half way line, on the bank/hill/slump whatever it is!

Couldn't hear the tannoy, muffled at best ( where I was - although wind played a part in that)

Pitch was in superb condition, great surface! Access to pitch for teams was less than ideal, but did suffice!

As the time approached, I glanced over my shoulder and looked up at the road, a tailback as far as the eye could see!

As the ball wAs thrown in , we jostled for position on the 'bank' to get the best view of the action, heads bobbing up and down like apples in a barrel!

Now WINGNUT this is absolutely no slight on Ahoghill - the banter I had with the welcoming Gaels was great, the tea magic!  But to host a county final with that sort of crowd is beyond the facilities on offer! A great club, a great venue - but not at that standard!

It probably should have been in Ballycastle - based on facilities all in!

What in heavens name are we gonna do in the future????

And btw CB, I expected a little more from you guys, or did I?

There's talk of this Galls team coming to an end, the truth is, when Kelly, MCGourty, GAllagher, STewart etc retire, it will probably happen! Until then we should all just suck it up!

Yeah thats fair enough. You can only work with what you have. There was a bit of panic with the rain on thursday past that the fields might be too wet to use for parking so it wasnt as bad as it might have been.
Id say until they get the casement issue sorted its a conversation that will come up every year with the final likely to be down the country somewhere. Ballycastle a good venue too, maybe slightly out of the way though for the teams/supporters likely to be in it.

manballandall

I agree with deary me and DR and Ballycastle has to be the best shout