Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2014, 08:45:24 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 18, 2014, 07:55:22 PM
Good luck to Cargin and casements tomorrow (no offence to Galls, great champions that they are)

Thanks, Its been a great journey in fairness, boys owe the club nothing and I wish Cargin well in the Ulster Championship

if anyone was unsure of who MR2 really is - there is no doubt now
Step forward Sir Alex - king of the mind games  ;)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Christmas Lights

Where is the county final being played tomorrow, might go to it?

Spotted a few st galls men today enjoying coffees and sandwiches in the streat in the Kennedy center, west Belfast today. Looked relaxed. Kevin mcgourty had the shorts and flip flops on  8)

bannside

Bookies have St Galls and Cootehill warm favourites for both - and they are no fools. A SW double would pay around 6/1. Both 50/50 games in my book, you could perm any two from the four.

Casements are hoping to raise a few £K from a big breakfast in the Wild Duck in the morning, and then three Coaches are booked to leave from there for Breffni Park. Hope our players can do Antrim justice.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 18, 2014, 09:39:26 PM

Spotted a few st galls men today enjoying coffees and sandwiches in the streat in the Kennedy center, west Belfast today. Looked relaxed. Kevin mcgourty had the shorts and flip flops on  8)

Irish Coffee for McGourty ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

culchie11

Don't be surprised to see him make an appearance at some stage in 2nd half tomorro!

Maybe even flip flops and all ha ha

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 18, 2014, 10:49:15 PM

Looked like a cappuccino with milk and sugar.
the other 2 guys had club sandwiches. One of them had a Robinsons orange cordial bottle filled only with water and no cordial  :( :o

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 19, 2014, 12:24:04 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on October 18, 2014, 10:49:15 PM

Looked like a cappuccino with milk and sugar.
the other 2 guys had club sandwiches. One of them had a Robinsons orange cordial bottle filled only with water and no cordial  :( :o

Very observant. Normally you'd have 4/5 pints the day before the final, to calm the nerves ya know
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

What a day for ahoghil . Forecast to be pudding down between 1 and 4. Great day for standing on a grass bank.
Am I right in saying that no antrim grounds have terracing that could facilitate a county final?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: manballandall on October 19, 2014, 08:03:56 AM
What a day for ahoghil . Forecast to be pudding down between 1 and 4. Great day for standing on a grass bank.
Am I right in saying that no antrim grounds have terracing that could facilitate a county final?

The dub, everyone could be given headphones so the national anthem could be descret.

bannside

In a year or two we might be able to ask Ulster Council nicely and borrow Casement for the finals day.

country bumpkin

What about Windsor or even Ravenhill sure anywhere in Belfast will do!!

getevennotcross

Quote from: culchie11 on October 18, 2014, 10:59:12 PM
Don't be surprised to see him make an appearance at some stage in 2nd half tomorro!

Maybe even flip flops and all ha ha
Heavens forbid. 

Whats in the Daily News, whats in the daily news
I'll tel ya whats happening in the daily news
The basketball final in Ahoghill today, Noamh Gall will outwit Cargin
And go onto to win by two

Whats happening all over, I 'll tell ya whats happenin all over
Scullion riles CJ, flattens him, and they call for the stretcher over
On comes 'Flip Flop' on Comes Flip flop and Cargin put pay to the Wild Rover
Fianna Fail was the thing that licked him, and looks like Antrim's another victim

Milltown Row2

Someone the drink a bit early!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Christmas Lights

Ive recently moved to Lisburn lads, living in the Thaxton village/Lady Wallace square area.

What is my local GAA team?  If I wanted to play some even reserve football up here, what good clubs are there about to join where Id get a game?

JimStynes

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 19, 2014, 01:10:33 PM
Ive recently moved to Lisburn lads, living in the Thaxton village/Lady Wallace square area.

What is my local GAA team?  If I wanted to play some even reserve football up here, what good clubs are there about to join where Id get a game?

You're welcome to aghagallon which is about 20 mins away. But st patricks Lisburn would be your local club and I'm sure they would be taking you in with open arms as they struggle for numbers at times.