Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

That move would be like Sambo looking after Loughgiel or Glenariff if he were at a loose end ;D

Dick looking after Loughgiel would be a bigger surprise though

PJ looking after Dunloy

Could go on all night with those pair ups
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: Man Marker on January 09, 2014, 10:35:51 AM
See your new coach Paddy Bradley talking to the Irish News today, oh I do smell disaster there. Since when did a coach do interviews about a team. You don't see Tyrone's coach doing interviews or Dublin's either about what they are trying to achieve regards their playing style. Monaghans coach hasn't either, infact could any of you tell me who is Monaghans or Tyrones or Dublins coaches are? Unfortunately I think Antrim are in bother with that appointment.

Ah but to tell us what better options HE would have taken than the players who played.Itsall about Paddy

stibhan

I've seen a number of coaches do interviews over the years. Absolutely delusional.

As an aside it's nice to have something to talk about rather than whatever gibberish some of the newcomers to this board have decided to engage in. Alcohol is best enjoyed away from the internet lads.

manballandall

I heard tonight mr Adams accepted the job yesterday but turned it down today?

glens abu

Quote from: Man Marker on January 09, 2014, 07:24:01 PM
Quote from: glens abu on January 09, 2014, 04:36:19 PM
See your new coach Paddy Bradley talking to the Irish News today, oh I do smell disaster there. Since when did a coach do interviews about a team. You don't see Tyrone's coach doing interviews or Dublin's either about what they are trying to achieve regards their playing style. Monaghans coach hasn't either, infact could any of you tell me who is Monaghans or Tyrones or Dublins coaches are? Unfortunately I think Antrim are in bother with that appointment.

Ah but to tell us what better options HE would have taken than the players who played.Itsall about Paddy

Aye Glens that piece of insight was very telling on his own arrogance, I'm sure a few of the players will have noted that comment.

if not they will soon find out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Man Marker on January 09, 2014, 07:24:01 PM
Quote from: glens abu on January 09, 2014, 04:36:19 PM

Aye Glens that piece of insight was very telling on his own arrogance, I'm sure a few of the players will have noted that comment.

Do you seriously think players are influenced by this thread? ffs wise up if a player has issues with whats said here then he needs his nappy changed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Man Marker on January 09, 2014, 07:51:35 PM
He said it in the Irish News, not here, are you as stupid as your post implies?

Irish news or any other media device, anyone annoyed at that should get da fcuk out more

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2014, 07:55:10 PM

Irish news or any other media device, anyone annoyed at that should get da fcuk out more

I agree about players would need nappy changed if they got annoyed about this MR2 but just think if it's the way Paddy is going to continue as a coach criticising players in the Media and saying what he would have done better it will not be long before he has more enemies than friends in the squad.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: glens abu on January 09, 2014, 08:04:32 PM

I agree about players would need nappy changed if they got annoyed about this MR2 but just think if it's the way Paddy is going to continue as a coach criticising players in the Media and saying what he would have done better it will not be long before he has more enemies than friends in the squad.

Problem is the McKenna cup has just started, some players/coaches/managers are easy for the hacks to get a few quotes from, takes a smart man to speak to press sometimes, now what we have here is someone who's just on the scene and took a call.

I doubt anyone would be overly annoyed, and will probably be explained better once they met at the next training session

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2014, 08:09:22 PM

Problem is the McKenna cup has just started, some players/coaches/managers are easy for the hacks to get a few quotes from, takes a smart man to speak to press sometimes, now what we have here is someone who's just on the scene and took a call.

I doubt anyone would be overly annoyed, and will probably be explained better once they met at the next training session

Hope you are right and if that's the case fine,but he also gave an interview to Gaelic Life and named players who took what in his opinion was the wrong options.I just think he should be saying these things to the players in private not in the media.Lot to learn I think and knowing Paddy he will never learn.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: glens abu on January 09, 2014, 08:13:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2014, 08:09:22 PM

Hope you are right and if that's the case fine,but he also gave an interview to Gaelic Life and named players who took what in his opinion was the wrong options.I just think he should be saying these things to the players in private not in the media.Lot to learn I think and knowing Paddy he will never learn.

Yeah, but he'll have to if he wants to get on at this game. Otherwise he'll find closed doors all round and won't get on the "circut"

glensman-derry

Do any of you have this piece in the Irish News were Paddy criticised players. Didnt see the IN but I find it hard to believe. If history is anything to go by the two posters taking issue with this have a history of trying to stir things up were Paddy is concerned

glens abu

Quote from: glensman-derry on January 09, 2014, 09:59:05 PM
Do any of you have this piece in the Irish News were Paddy criticised players. Didnt see the IN but I find it hard to believe. If history is anything to go by the two posters taking issue with this have a history of trying to stir things up were Paddy is concerned

Do you not remember what you said Paddy  ;)

glens abu

Quote from: glensman-derry on January 09, 2014, 10:04:40 PM
Article??

Phone your chum Brendy tomorrow and he will read it out for you.