Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentreHalfBack

HS any word on new manager since Brian has left?
New season - new reason

CentreHalfBack

I heard a different name tonight, an outsider. Would be very surprised though if it was true.
New season - new reason

optimus cheese

You have never seen an interview with Tony Donnelly? Really?

Man Marker

No that won't be it, but not knowing your place has been that mans problem for a while now.

Anyhow optimus is probably goggling away.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 08, 2014, 11:19:51 PM
I did hear Jim Close's name mentioned but that was a right while ago now and haven't heard anything since.

I imagine Beller will have a significant input as he did some great work with them at the latter part of last season.

I heard that a G Adams was taking the team this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 09, 2014, 11:15:03 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2014, 11:12:39 AM
I did hear Jim Close's name mentioned but that was a right while ago now and haven't heard anything since.

I imagine Beller will have a significant input as he did some great work with them at the latter part of last season.

;D

I laughed as well, only telling you what I heard, can't see it and bit early for April fools
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 09, 2014, 11:27:01 AM
No idea why he would leave the Johnnies to come to Rossa of all clubs.

Paddy Nugent taking the boys in Blue now.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: hardstation on January 09, 2014, 11:46:59 AM
Erm, apparently true..... :o

Really!? hmmmm interesting. Keep us updated.

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on January 09, 2014, 11:32:19 AM
Has there been a fallout at Corrigan?

I thought they were happy with Gearoid?

I had heard that he had had enough himself rather than any drama, but could be wrong.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on January 09, 2014, 12:36:47 PM

I had heard that he had had enough himself rather than any drama, but could be wrong.

You can only tell the same people what you want them to do so many times, eventually they get bored and don't bother. Changing it up every so often is probably the best for club senior teams.

New manager and a new idea here and there, it lifts players at training and generates interest again3/4 years is max now I'd say for most clubs/managers

CentreHalfBack

That's the name I heard also. Couldn't believe it.

Paddy Nugent is the new St Johns manager. Gearoid was always stepping away, but to go to Rossa?!?
New season - new reason

Gizzy15

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on January 09, 2014, 12:42:39 PM

[/quo

Paddy Nugent is the new St Johns manager. Gearoid was always stepping away, but to go to Rossa?!?

Just a rumour but not a true one

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on January 09, 2014, 01:22:03 PM

[/quo

So defo not, is he looking to take a break or maybe one of the SW teams could avail of his services, isn't he teaching up the county?

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2014, 03:46:31 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on January 09, 2014, 01:22:03 PM

[/quo

So defo not, is he looking to take a break or maybe one of the SW teams could avail of his services, isn't he teaching up the county?

Teaches in Ballymena

jftj

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2014, 12:41:40 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 09, 2014, 12:36:47 PM

You can only tell the same people what you want them to do so many times, eventually they get bored and don't bother. Changing it up every so often is probably the best for club senior teams.

New manager and a new idea here and there, it lifts players at training and generates interest again3/4 years is max now I'd say for most clubs/managers
agree with you totally on this point mr2