Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RefForFee

Quote from: bannside on December 31, 2013, 07:13:48 PM
Why Brendan do you think people have no interest in being on the "board? Traditionally those positions have been well contested!

Its not as if there arnt plenty of top clubmen around!
Well, as the St. Gals men know, Club is one thing, County is another >:(

All very well talking, actions will always speak louder than words.  Some of you boys should run for County Board, certainly can talk the talk and all that awl melarkey. I fear not of course  ???

Just thinking to meself, this could well be my last years sculling a pint in Casement.  The PD most likely to be my next local haunt  :(

PREDICTION for 2014.  CJ will be lucky if he makes it to the end of the National League (toys out of the pram)  ;)
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

oneclubonelife

Just home from a nice break-always nice to get away for Christmas,away from the humdrum.Well Bannside,hows all around portglenone,team all set for big 2014. See U21's got a tough draw in the ulster. Have the club settled on a new management team for 2014. See Madden away to Dungiven - you seem to be exporting good managers

bannside

James Mc Grath from Slaughtneil is managing us in 2014. He has been no 2 to Damian Barton and John Rafferty in recent years, and was involved with us last year as assistant to Michael Mc Mullan.

Ironically Brian Burns, one of our club members managed them (Slaughtneil) last year. With Kevin now at Dungiven and John Mc Keever at Cookstown yea its fair to say Portglenone has exported a fair number of managers recently.

Ironically Portglenone play Slaughtneil in the first round of the Creggan u-212 tournament too. Think we should get our manager to sign a non disclosure agreement LOL!

Rawhide

I always wondered about this, why people who wouldn't get near managing their own club senior team, but are welcomed with open arms to manage other clubs. A puzzle indeed.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Glensman

Quote from: Rawhide on January 02, 2014, 12:36:45 AM
I always wondered about this, why people who wouldn't get near managing their own club senior team, but are welcomed with open arms to manage other clubs. A puzzle indeed.

Puzzle was answered circa 2,000 years ago by the big man who joined us on 25 December:

"a prophet is not without honour except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home."

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on January 01, 2014, 08:59:53 PM
James Mc Grath from Slaughtneil is managing us in 2014. He has been no 2 to Damian Barton and John Rafferty in recent years, and was involved with us last year as assistant to Michael Mc Mullan.

Ironically Brian Burns, one of our club members managed them (Slaughtneil) last year. With Kevin now at Dungiven and John Mc Keever at Cookstown yea its fair to say Portglenone has exported a fair number of managers recently.

Ironically Portglenone play Slaughtneil in the first round of the Creggan u-212 tournament too. Think we should get our manager to sign a non disclosure agreement LOL!

jesus Bannsie even you should be underage for this !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

No point being stupid if I dont show it now and again. Well spotted Hoof - even Jamesie Mc Atamney would be eligible at that rate.

theskull1

Or is that open cheque books?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on January 02, 2014, 04:18:26 PM
No point being stupid if I dont show it now and again. Well spotted Hoof - even Jamesie Mc Atamney would be eligible at that rate.

probably not  :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Gold

Quote from: Glensman on January 02, 2014, 03:53:28 PM

Puzzle was answered circa 2,000 years ago by the big man who joined us on 25 December:

"a prophet is not without honour except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home."

i thought it was "a prophet is respected everywhere, except in his own town and by his own people"
Same thing I suppose!

Typical of this town where everyone's a dickhead!

Glensman if you and hard station fancy goin for a position on county board I'll join that ticket.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

RefForFee

Quote from: Gold on January 02, 2014, 09:07:07 PM
Quote from: Glensman on January 02, 2014, 03:53:28 PM

i thought it was "a prophet is respected everywhere, except in his own town and by his own people"
Same thing I suppose!

Typical of this town where everyone's a d**khead!

Glensman if you and hard station fancy goin for a position on county board I'll join that ticket.
Jesus man, we are desperate but not that desperate  ;D  Even if we are on our knees, would we be required to stoop that low????::)
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

RefForFee

Quote from: hardstation on January 02, 2014, 11:02:18 PM
Refforfree, your reply typifies top level ignorance and delusions of grandeur.
HS, I believe you have taken my last post out of context mate.  I certainly have no delusions of grandeur and would go as far as to say, that I am not shocked by your recent post in reference to the County Chairman FFF'ing and blinding and telling fellow Gaels to FCUK Up.  Totally agree also with your assessment about trying to change things from within.  As I have previously alluded to, it is the only way it will ever happen.  But, bottom line is 'new people need to get in there'  ;)  New people and the right people!   The longer the Status Quo remains, the bigger the mess we will have to repair.

On a point of order, I don't subscribe to or associate within any elitist (holier than now) organisations.  :o

The caveat remains  however, we need to be selective ;) ;) If you know what I mean! We would not be recruiting too many vitriolic, nandy pandy, wishy washy subscribers from Antrim GAA Board ('on here' as they say!).  By the way, the only Knights I am familiar with is night shifts!

CentreHalfBack

Antrim line up for this Sundays McKenna Cup game against Cavan:

1. Chris Kerr – St Galls
2. Kevin O'Boyle – Cargin
3. Ricky Johnston – Creggan
4. Nial Delargy – Portglenone
5. Tony Scullion – Cargin
6. Mark Sweeney – St Judes (Ath Claith)
7. Justin Crozier – Cargin
8. Michael McCann – Cargin
9. Sean McVeigh – All Saints Ballymena
10. Conor Murray – Lamh Dhearg
11. Michael Pollock – St Galls
12. Tomas McCann – Cargin
13. CJ McGourty – St Galls
14. Owen Gallagher – Glenavy
15. Anton Taylor – St Teresas
New season - new reason

RefForFee

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on January 03, 2014, 11:46:51 AM
Antrim line up for this Sundays McKenna Cup game against Cavan:

1. Chris Kerr – St Galls
2. Kevin O'Boyle – Cargin
3. Ricky Johnston – Creggan
4. Nial Delargy – Portglenone
5. Tony Scullion – Cargin
6. Mark Sweeney – St Judes (Ath Claith)
7. Justin Crozier – Cargin
8. Michael McCann – Cargin
9. Sean McVeigh – All Saints Ballymena
10. Conor Murray – Lamh Dhearg
11. Michael Pollock – St Galls
12. Tomas McCann – Cargin
13. CJ McGourty – St Galls
14. Owen Gallagher – Glenavy
15. Anton Taylor – St Teresas
Is this the demise of the basketball St. Galls players!  Only three, and one surely not likely to last the NL campaign.  Ah well, fresh blood, that a positive.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 02, 2014, 11:03:11 PM
Plus, I'm not joining the Knights.
;)

I'm surprised at you HS, replying to WUM's isn't your style  tut tut
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea