Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Dunno where i mentioned Gall's Milltown...........and my perception of that semi final game and the official is on fact and based on stats............perhaps u could not get a good view of events if you were parked at a goal post.
There are none so blind. 8)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 26, 2013, 07:30:35 PM
Dunno where i mentioned Gall's Milltown...........and my perception of that semi final game and the official is on fact and based on stats............perhaps u could not get a good view of events if you were parked at a goal post.

Ok why is he biased then? What would he get out of it? Here are some other stats, Lamhs didn't concede frees inside the 70? Is that another stat you could use?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 26, 2013, 02:29:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2013, 12:26:47 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 26, 2013, 11:54:23 AM
Quote from: jftj on November 25, 2013, 10:46:25 PM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on November 25, 2013, 08:35:10 PM
Im told the letter sent into UC from the "Judas"(as he is now known)referee is out there now in circulation, who knows what website that might end up on??
right so a referee with a bit of sense(totes) decides to tell the truth about a very poor referee who ruined one of the best games of the year and as a result he is called a 'judas'.MIBAG ,I believe you are Duffy(the ref in question)and I have heard you are thinking of retirement-happy days,close the door after you.Please don't follow into officialdom like all the rest of the failed refs because I don't think our county can take any more pythons squeezing the life out of our games.'URGENTLY NEEDED '!'true Gaels who wish to improve our players to an extent where we can challenge annually.'Requirements'-heart and soul.

Agree 100% jftj that particular man in black of whom you speak is arrogant in the extreme and he would certainly fit in with
those 'pythons'. He was appointed to ref the senior semi final game involving cargin and lamh dhearg and his performance was wholly biased as the stats of the game underline.....fact, 1.cargin were not awarded a single free kick within 70 metres from the l dearg posts for the duration of the game 2. cargin obviously did not record a single score from a free for the duration 3. l dearg were awarded a most dubious penalty, and of their total 1-9 scored only three came from play... I am quite certain that cargin would be delighted if he slammed the door shut on his way out.

More bullshite, seriously do you think Naomh Gall need the referee to 'help' us win the championship?  We don't give away too many frees either in our games, do it in the opositions half as they can lead to scores (if you're going to foul, do it in their half of the pitch, have you learnt nothing?)

More referee flogging, teams lose games, if you're good enough you'll win, we haven't complained about too many refereeing decisions funny enough ;)
So just where do I mention Gall's Milltown?????...........

exiledjohn

Quote from: thecracken on November 26, 2013, 02:38:09 PM
This is unreal lads, st johns and cargin must really have it in for GD, JFTJ as I said before and again I was there and listened to the lads that presented at UC, to stand up and deny that they said and behaved poorly is pure bull, and be honest with yourself they did it, they should take the punishment and move on, you could hear it nomatter where you stood on the day. Your making this all about an individual which is masking the problem as a whole, some individuals in your club believe they can do anything they want without concern and are bringing a bad rep to the club and members that are working hard to establish a positive platform in the club. IMO they have gone too far and I dont see this going away for a while yet, on the referee supporting what went on at UC that night, I believe he will regret this and im sure he didnt expect it to blow up the way it has, I would question his reasons however?

You could guarantee those people used the words they were accused of??? Big shout!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2013, 07:34:36 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 26, 2013, 07:30:35 PM

Ok why is he biased then? What would he get out of it? Here are some other stats, Lamhs didn't concede frees inside the 70? Is that another stat you could use?

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 26, 2013, 07:47:43 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 26, 2013, 02:29:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2013, 12:26:47 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 26, 2013, 11:54:23 AM
Quote from: jftj on November 25, 2013, 10:46:25 PM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on November 25, 2013, 08:35:10 PM
Im told the letter sent into UC from the "Judas"(as he is now known)referee is out there now in circulation, who knows what website that might end up on??
right so a referee with a bit of sense(totes) decides to tell the truth about a very poor referee who ruined one of the best games of the year and as a result he is called a 'judas'.MIBAG ,I believe you are Duffy(the ref in question)and I have heard you are thinking of retirement-happy days,close the door after you.Please don't follow into officialdom like all the rest of the failed refs because I don't think our county can take any more pythons squeezing the life out of our games.'URGENTLY NEEDED '!'true Gaels who wish to improve our players to an extent where we can challenge annually.'Requirements'-heart and soul.

Agree 100% jftj that particular man in black of whom you speak is arrogant in the extreme and he would certainly fit in with
those 'pythons'. He was appointed to ref the senior semi final game involving cargin and lamh dhearg and his performance was wholly biased as the stats of the game underline.....fact, 1.cargin were not awarded a single free kick within 70 metres from the l dearg posts for the duration of the game 2. cargin obviously did not record a single score from a free for the duration 3. l dearg were awarded a most dubious penalty, and of their total 1-9 scored only three came from play... I am quite certain that cargin would be delighted if he slammed the door shut on his way out.

More bullshite, seriously do you think Naomh Gall need the referee to 'help' us win the championship?  We don't give away too many frees either in our games, do it in the opositions half as they can lead to scores (if you're going to foul, do it in their half of the pitch, have you learnt nothing?)

More referee flogging, teams lose games, if you're good enough you'll win, we haven't complained about too many refereeing decisions funny enough ;)
So just where do I mention Gall's Milltown?????...........

You didn't, why is he (in your opinion) biased against Cargin in a semi final? 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Am I missing something here. First he was biased against lambs and did them injustice in U21 semi and now we are told he was on their side in the match against cargin ? Seriously lads listen to yourselves.   No doubt he has made mistakes as has every referee apart from MR. But they are human and the same way we don't like to see players being blamed for losing matches cos they missed easy chances we find it oh so easy to blame a referee .  I think if you were ask actual players who play they rarely blame a referee , well certainly not solely blame them . It's mainly supporters ho have the issues and again because its easier to blame a referee than point the fingers at the inabilities of their own club players.

country bumpkin

Quote from: manballandall on November 26, 2013, 09:07:47 PM
Am I missing something here. First he was biased against lambs and did them injustice in U21 semi and now we are told he was on their side in the match against cargin ? Seriously lads listen to yourselves.   No doubt he has made mistakes as has every referee apart from MR. But they are human and the same way we don't like to see players being blamed for losing matches cos they missed easy chances we find it oh so easy to blame a referee .  I think if you were ask actual players who play they rarely blame a referee , well certainly not solely blame them . It's mainly supporters ho have the issues and again because its easier to blame a referee than point the fingers at the inabilities of their own club players.
Think you are indeed missing quite a lot  mbaa, the ref in question is without doubt a poor referee or he is unashamedly biased when he officiates at Cargin games..........one or the other...........and if indeed he is considering retirement then nobody in Toome will shed a single tear

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 27, 2013, 10:00:50 AM
Think you are indeed missing quite a lot  mbaa, the ref in question is without doubt a poor referee or he is unashamedly biased when he officiates at Cargin games..........one or the other...........and if indeed he is considering retirement then nobody in Toome will shed a single tear

But why would he be? Is it just at Cargin games? Which referees would you prefer? one with same initials maybe?

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2013, 10:11:07 AM

But why would he be? Is it just at Cargin games? Which referees would you prefer? one with same initials maybe?

Jaysus Lads

If I wasnt depressed enough lately with the state of our games in Antrim and further afield reading through the last number of pages makes me feel even worse.

Take a step back for one minute from you own vested interests and have a look at the childish petty points that are being made about different clubs and refs on here. This club doesnt like this one, this ref is biased against the other. Hold on a second lads is this the type of county we want to be, is this how the future is going to be? Are we ever going to step up, put our heads above the parapet and say enough is enough.

Instead of wasting on time on these squabbles we should be trying to develop our clubs and our county driving them forward and increasing the standard in general. Everyone take personal responsibility for their own behaviour, then once you have done that take responsibility for the behaviour of the young people in your charge. Instil the proper beliefs in them, show them how to play the games like young men with skill and bravery to the best of their ability. If they win, win with grace, if they lose lose with grace. Dont forget these young people only react to the behaviour of the adults that they see and are around, so if the adults act like fools what do we expect?

Fed up of this point scoring between clubs while we get further and further behind the standard of football all around us and hurling further south. IMO the standard of club hurling and football has dropped significantly and to me that is a bigger challenge to us Antrim people. This continuous cycle of recrimination after every single competition only serves to hold us back from what should be a common goal.

Sorry Rant Over!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on November 27, 2013, 10:46:19 AM

Jaysus Lads

If I wasnt depressed enough lately with the state of our games in Antrim and further afield reading through the last number of pages makes me feel even worse.

Take a step back for one minute from you own vested interests and have a look at the childish petty points that are being made about different clubs and refs on here. This club doesnt like this one, this ref is biased against the other. Hold on a second lads is this the type of county we want to be, is this how the future is going to be? Are we ever going to step up, put our heads above the parapet and say enough is enough.

Instead of wasting on time on these squabbles we should be trying to develop our clubs and our county driving them forward and increasing the standard in general. Everyone take personal responsibility for their own behaviour, then once you have done that take responsibility for the behaviour of the young people in your charge. Instil the proper beliefs in them, show them how to play the games like young men with skill and bravery to the best of their ability. If they win, win with grace, if they lose lose with grace. Dont forget these young people only react to the behaviour of the adults that they see and are around, so if the adults act like fools what do we expect?

Fed up of this point scoring between clubs while we get further and further behind the standard of football all around us and hurling further south. IMO the standard of club hurling and football has dropped significantly and to me that is a bigger challenge to us Antrim people. This continuous cycle of recrimination after every single competition only serves to hold us back from what should be a common goal.

Sorry Rant Over!

NAG1 I agree, yourself included have had a wee dig at certain clubs and vice versa. Some people on here have agenda with certain referees and have opened up accounts for this purpose. I'm just quering the logic of some of the posters in their posts regarding a clubman and a fellow referee, similar to how you'd react if attention thrown at your club.

Very few positive posts lately

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2013, 12:02:52 PM

Jaysus Lads

Sorry Rant Over!

NAG1 I agree, yourself included have had a wee dig at certain clubs and vice versa. Some people on here have agenda with certain referees and have opened up accounts for this purpose. I'm just quering the logic of some of the posters in their posts regarding a clubman and a fellow referee, similar to how you'd react if attention thrown at your club.

Yeah I know I have and it is easy to react when it is close to home, my point is that we are all inclined to the negative and this last few pages have shown this quite clearly. But this is not how I want the organisation to go forward and in fact if we persist with this type of behaviour we will turn our kids off from coming into and staying in our clubs and wanting to play for our county teams.

Fed up of the negativity really I guess

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on November 27, 2013, 12:20:39 PM

Jaysus Lads

Sorry Rant Over!

Yeah I know I have and it is easy to react when it is close to home, my point is that we are all inclined to the negative and this last few pages have shown this quite clearly. But this is not how I want the organisation to go forward and in fact if we persist with this type of behaviour we will turn our kids off from coming into and staying in our clubs and wanting to play for our county teams.

Ok 100% agree, will bite my tonuge ;)  and put up some positive stuff, looking forward to hurling with the reserves (kids) next year would like another few games before I hang up the boots from playing

country bumpkin

Think we are all after the same thing NAG1...........but please explain just why only one country/south west club has managed to break the mould and managed to win a single Antrim senior football championship during the last 50 years.................better food, better facilities?
Perhaps Milltown can explain......................

Jaysus Lads

Sorry Rant Over!

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2013, 12:56:08 PM

Jaysus Lads

Sorry Rant Over!

Ok 100% agree, will bite my tonuge ;)  and put up some positive stuff, looking forward to hurling with the reserves (kids) next year would like another few games before I hang up the boots from playing
Aye right lads we can go forward in positivity but can any of you who have insight into the affairs of the Saffron please explain why no country/south west club other than Cargin have won the senior football championship in over half a century.................

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 27, 2013, 03:35:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2013, 12:56:08 PM

Jaysus Lads

Sorry Rant Over!

Aye right lads we can go forward in positivity but can any of you who have insight into the affairs of the Saffron please explain why no country/south west club other than Cargin have won the senior football championship in over half a century.................

Because they don't put the effort in and have a major complex when playing Cargin?