Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: bannside on November 24, 2013, 05:06:30 PM
The Gerry Cullen Cup for Antrim U21 champions is now officially sitting right the middle of the mantlepiece. With Yellow and Black ribbons on it too.

YEEHAA. Up the Casements.

Meal for squad in the Wild Duck, followed by a happy hour in Pats before back to the social club which will be mental. Feel free to join us!

Great win for Portglenone,what a comeback.Young fullback no4 MOM but Duffin on a sub made the difference.Great 2ndhalf to watch as a neutral.

bannside

Lamh Dhearg very gracious in defeat. Game played in a great spirit. Cant believe it we won coming from eight points down - with seven minors on the pitch. Unreal feeling.

Hoof Hearted

Congrats to my oul mates at Portglenone on winning the U21's (although none of this team were born when I was under 21 !! )

The future is looking good again like at did at the beginning of the 2000's
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

jftj

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 24, 2013, 12:35:31 PM
Aye right jftj, we all believe you and are quite content that the sentiments u do express are not in any way coloured by bias........of course that 'nice wee lad' was just in celebratory mode and nothing more..................who do u think u are kidding....was at the game and that 'nice wee lad' provoked what occured in the midst of the assembly which brought little credit to those involved in the unseemly affair(which u didn't see i presume), and fully deserved the suspension. Now the fact that a couple of those who passed the suspensions gave evidence in his favour to ensure he could play in the final speaks volumes on the failings within Antrim and the town/country split and fully underlines the fact that we are going nowhere.
Remember what happened to rasharkin a couple of years back and consider the sanctions passed against (with those pair who gave evidence to support your wrong doings deeply involved) which were obviously contrived in a design to put the st marys men out of existence.
Your wee lamhs have been central to quite a bit of controversy over the recent past but they seemed blessed with a guardian angel within and indeed with the undoubted services of good old houdini.
I,m a johnnies man which anybody with half a brain would have worked out.Did you attend 'special school'when you were younger.Just asking!

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2013, 05:44:09 PM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on November 24, 2013, 05:36:17 PM
I hear the referee concerned in support of the Johnies appeal descibed himself as a "Senior Experienced Referee in Antrim", me thinks he, ll need all that in the coming months, it will be hard to walk into a changing room in the future knowing he could give you one in the back if with his vast experience in "Antrim"! you had a stinker.Real dirty sleeked stroke, don't think the UC officials are the only ones taking a dim view. All the best "T"

Was it a Johnnies ref?

No MR2 it was a Lamhs Ref, very senior ref in our county. Lol feck me, u know what they say about self praise.......

CitySlicker11

Less of the talk about referees and suspensions etc and lets focus on what is a great win for Portglenone. Fair play and enjoy the celebrations.

country bumpkin

you may well have quite a large brain JFTJ but your grammar is quite suspect
:(

imtommygunn

BS well done on winning the u21. Great to see a county title at a new club in south west and hopefully your seniors will reap the benefits in the next few years. All too many titles to all too few teams these days but the lamhs have the minors so have one too. Looked like you showed a lot of character and belief too. Is the duffin anything to declan?

bannside

glens abu

Didn't see new management team at U21 final yesterday,hope I am wrong and missed them.

ManInBlackandGreen

Im told the letter sent into UC from the "Judas"(as he is now known)referee is out there now in circulation, who knows what website that might end up on??

Corkey22

On the topic of U 21 championship, when was the last time the favourites actually won this competition? The last few were won by the underdogs if I remember correctly, great to have a competitive championship like that running

jftj

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on November 25, 2013, 08:35:10 PM
Im told the letter sent into UC from the "Judas"(as he is now known)referee is out there now in circulation, who knows what website that might end up on??
right so a referee with a bit of sense(totes) decides to tell the truth about a very poor referee who ruined one of the best games of the year and as a result he is called a 'judas'.MIBAG ,I believe you are Duffy(the ref in question)and I have heard you are thinking of retirement-happy days,close the door after you.Please don't follow into officialdom like all the rest of the failed refs because I don't think our county can take any more pythons squeezing the life out of our games.'URGENTLY NEEDED '!'true Gaels who wish to improve our players to an extent where we can challenge annually.'Requirements'-heart and soul.

jftj

Quote from: bannside on November 25, 2013, 03:44:12 AM
Oh what a nite.
Congrats to Portglenone,I predicted it would be close and to come from 8 behind shows a lot of strength.They gave us one hell of a match last year and next year should be even better.

jftj

Quote from: Corkey22 on November 25, 2013, 10:36:02 PM
On the topic of U 21 championship, when was the last time the favourites actually won this competition? The last few were won by the underdogs if I remember correctly, great to have a competitive championship like that running
U21 c,ship is a great c-ship often won by the team who is not expected to win it.I have 3 U21,s and lost on my 4th attempt when we were huge favourites.More emphasis should be placed on this especially with the dominance of galls at senior.