Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2013, 01:21:04 PM
That was a fair tanking Moneyglass gave the Johnnies. You'd wonder...

Thats the way it goes, Rossa shouldn't have to look to the Johnnies for help. I know yous would return the favour given half the chance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2013, 01:42:51 PM

Thats the way it goes, Rossa shouldn't have to look to the Johnnies for help. I know yous would return the favour given half the chance

What's do think your chances for Ulster this year Row?

Corkey22

Dont think its fair that relegation can be decided by results at this stage of the season when most teams aren't training. E.g Moneyglass beating St Johns & Aldergrove beating Creggan, results that probably would've been different earlier on in the season. It isn't fair for some teams in a relegation battle who have to play all the 'bigger' teams earlier in the year. The league should be ran off sooner

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Corkey22 on October 21, 2013, 06:14:52 PM
Dont think its fair that relegation can be decided by results at this stage of the season when most teams aren't training. E.g Moneyglass beating St Johns & Aldergrove beating Creggan, results that probably would've been different earlier on in the season. It isn't fair for some teams in a relegation battle who have to play all the 'bigger' teams earlier in the year. The league should be ran off sooner

johnnies had 2 men on on sat who are a good few years older than me - and im pushing 43 !!
Its obvious that getting a team together on a sat afternoon to go out of the city to the country is no easy task when there is nothing at stake.

Likewise creggan yesterday. that's what happens in october
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: glens abu on October 21, 2013, 04:47:12 PM

Traditionally the Donegal teams don't do well, but this Glenswilly team have  won a couple of Championships and are maybe going to push on (I hope not) will watch the game tonight on tg4, they racked up a big score on Sunday and with Gallagher and Murphy in your team you will do very well no matter who you meet. The games in Ballybofey also so another bonus for them

Our lads have trained very hard and have watched them in a couple of games lately, they've played well and fingers crossed we get over the line on the 3rd, Cavan Fermanagh champion's then await in the semi. Would love to get to another final and take whatever teams comes out of the group of death!!

Most clubmen are looking a honest hard working game from the lads, they are starting to get near and over thirty now so they know they won't get much more goes at this stage. Without blaming anyone last year I think we took our eye off the ball against Kilcoo. We were comfortable without actually pushing on and when they got the goal we couldn't get back in front!!

The suspended lads are back and that will boost the squad for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2013, 07:37:29 PM
Quote from: glens abu on October 21, 2013, 04:47:12 PM

Traditionally the Donegal teams don't do well, but this Glenswilly team have  won a couple of Championships and are maybe going to push on (I hope not) will watch the game tonight on tg4, they racked up a big score on Sunday and with Gallagher and Murphy in your team you will do very well no matter who you meet. The games in Ballybofey also so another bonus for them

Are lads have trained very hard and have watched them in a couple of games lately, they've played well and fingers crossed we get over the line on the 3rd, Cavan Fermanagh champion's then await in the semi. Would love to get to another final and take whatever teams comes out of the group of death!!

Most clubmen are looking a honest hard working game from the lads, they are starting to get near and over thirty now so they know they won't get much more goes at this stage. Without blaming anyone last year I think we took our eye off the ball against Kilcoo. We were comfortable without actually pushing on and when they got the goal we couldn't get back in front!!

The suspended lads are back and that will boost the squad for sure

Yeah would think Glenswilly will be the test,would fancy you to win the semi if you get through the Donegal tie.Good luck anyway.

The Memory Man

Hard Station, as a Johnnies man I was disgusted that we barely fielded after St. Galls beat us in Championship against yourselves on the Wed night.  We gifted Rossa 2 points which will help you stay up.  I believe you can beat Moneyglass next week to survive.  I can assure you our lads wouldn't be thinking about sending Rossa down, however in my day it would have been my greatest motivation! lol

Sorry to see youse back in Div 2 in the Hurling, sort it out up on the Shaws Rd.  Rossa gave two great performances against St. Johns and can certainly feel aggrieved at only managing 1 point from 4.  What baffles me is how you can raise your game for us but barely field at other times.  Rossa with the players they have should be comfortable in Div 1.  Loughuile, Cushendall and to a lesser extent Dunloy are well in front of the rest, everyone else is capable of beating one another.  Rossa should be beating the Ards teams comfortably and I make no apologies for saying that.

Severe lack of leadership , time for a clear out or a once great club is heading for mediocrity or worse!!!  Again I get no pleasure in stating that.  St. Johns need Rossa at their peak as does Belfast and Antrim hurling.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2013, 09:16:01 PM
Ah, we'll be alright. A bit stale at the minute but a good shake up will come soon. Yourselves had a similar poor patch a couple of years ago which saw yis drop into intermediate but sure yis came out of it again. No crisis.

Very good

jftj

could be one of the games of the year huns v mglass.im actually surprised both these teams are fighting relegation.can see it being a point in it either way.

glens abu

Any news on the Managers job,Brendan Crossen very quiet so not many rumours floating about.

Milltown Row2

Johnnies and Lamhs under 21 game abondoned yesterday? Extra time Lamhs on the acendency and the game ended in fisty cuffs at both ends I'm led to believ, I wasn't there but heard Garret blew it up due to the 'handbags'

Believe a county player (not a under 21) was blattering away, maybe jftj could fill us in

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 27, 2013, 06:14:12 PM
I heard it was blown up for fcuk all (pushing and shoving over a contested line ball) with 2 minutes left.

We beat Moneyglass today and stay up. Great stuff.

Oh funny that, suppose it depends on who you hear it from

jftj

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2013, 06:17:50 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 27, 2013, 06:14:12 PM
I heard it was blown up for fcuk all (pushing and shoving over a contested line ball) with 2 minutes left.

We beat Moneyglass today and stay up. Great stuff.

Oh funny that, suppose it depends on who you hear it from
Yeah,yet another terrible performance by Duffy the ref.ruined a cracking game.johhnies were up by 4 with 5mins to go.ref was only man in the park who failed to see lambs full forward pick ball off the deck to set up their goal.lamhs looked likely to win after equalising with 2 mins to go.small melee took place in the middle of the pitch which resulted in  county player getting booked for receiving a dig in the gub.lamhs were left frustrated at the match being abandoned when in a favourable decision,we were left frustrated by his usual bad calls against us.if there is to be a replay lets just hope we get a good ref who is up to job of referreeing these 2 fine teams.

Jeepers Creepers

Maybe the ref thought it could have got a lot worse. To many times fights have escalated and people blame the ref for not nipping it in the bud?

jftj

It really wasn't that bad and there was only 2 mins on the clock.terrible decision