Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Totally shocked that Dawson has been ratified for another year. I actually feel sorry for the man, he has managed to turn an entire county against him and is coming back for more. Unreal.
I think it's a bit silly though to blame your county board. It's your own clubs who voted him back in!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ck on August 20, 2013, 10:26:12 PM
Totally shocked that Dawson has been ratified for another year. I actually feel sorry for the man, he has managed to turn an entire county against him and is coming back for more. Unreal.
I think it's a bit silly though to blame your county board. It's your own clubs who voted him back in!

I heard he didn't
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 20, 2013, 12:10:02 AM
"@CJMcGourty13: Why could Antrim not of searched for manager such as Peter The Great, Geezer, Mickey Linden someone Young and a success background"

Indeed  :D

Christ Almighty, things are at a new low in the county.  Is "someone Young" a potential manager whose first name he can't remember??

paddyjohn

To read his tweets is a job of its own!  ::)

brendanbelfast

I think its hilarious to read of the 'county board' being at fault here. Who ratified this decision? The clubs. Clubs voted for FD to carry on - not the County Board, the clubs, each of which sends 2 deelgates to a county committee meeting.

As for the twitter response last night, that was a disgrace. The abuse aimed at the infamous 'county board' and Frank amounted to cyber bullying. No one else was even in the running! That's how interested our passionate 'supporters' are - one other nomination received and that fella pulled out. There's your level of interest among the county.

At least Dawson actively wants the job, he is most definitely committed to it and will give it the necessary time and energy. Is he the right man? Lets see. I think it would have been out of order to dump a guy after one year. Yes he needs to make amends and build bridges - I imagine he knows that himself.

Leading the twitter charge last night was Brendan Crossan - at least the Irish News have nailed their colours to the mast. Frank has no chance with that lot.

Man Marker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 20, 2013, 12:10:02 AM
"@CJMcGourty13: Why could Antrim not of searched for manager such as Peter The Great, Geezer, Mickey Linden someone Young and a success background"

Indeed  :D

Peter the great couldn't won a Championship with Errigal on the three years he was there, as soon as he left A new manager came in and won it   :o hasn't won a championship match in Ulster yet with Fermanagh in two years, and that is with as much investment as any team could wish for, why would you think that will improve matters. Linden is wet between the ears. Geezer by all means, has proven ability, but his total commitment approach would have resulted in Scullion getting the road also, he won't do the conditioning stuff by his own admission in the Gaelic life, never mind travel on the team bus, regardless of how legitimate his reason was, in Geezers worlds that gassing material.

Milltown Row2

Was doing the line at the Rossa Johnnies game last night, cracking game, thought Rossa were going to run away with it but managed to stop playing at the start of the second half to let the Johnnies back in.

Rossa will be kicking themselves, they managed to get in front near the death but allowed the Johnnies back with leaving things wide open. Won't be too many complaints from Hardstation, I'd a few of those Rossa lads will have a great future in an Antrim shirt
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2013, 10:09:12 AM
Was doing the line at the Rossa Johnnies game last night, cracking game, thought Rossa were going to run away with it but managed to stop playing at the start of the second half to let the Johnnies back in.

Rossa will be kicking themselves, they managed to get in front near the death but allowed the Johnnies back with leaving things wide open. Won't be too many complaints from Hardstation, I'd a few of those Rossa lads will have a great future in an Antrim shirt

Do the Johnnies have many back from last year MR2?? Who do they meet in the final?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 21, 2013, 10:14:24 AM

Do the Johnnies have many back from last year MR2?? Who do they meet in the final?

They will play st Enda's another decent team that's had a bitta success lately. From last years team young McCurdy and Johnston. I'm sure the centre half back Donal played big lad not a cultured footballer by any means but I'd say they are not as good as last years team.

Yous will hardly be going for 3 in a row up there will ya's?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2013, 10:18:32 AM

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 21, 2013, 10:14:24 AM

They will play st Enda's another decent team that's had a bitta success lately. From last years team young McCurdy and Johnston. I'm sure the centre half back Donal played big lad not a cultured footballer by any means but I'd say they are not as good as last years team.

Yous will hardly be going for 3 in a row up there will ya's?

Yeah St Endas going strong after winning the Ulster u16s. Should be a good game. Yeah we are going for 3 in a row. Play our nearest and dearest Slaughtneil in the final, again!

bannside

Was at the other minor semi final. A sharp and well organised St Endas were just a bit too strong for Sean Stinsons 2-08 to 1-07. I had a couple of lads playing and its a quiet house this morning - but they will rue a couple of missed goal chances and weren't that far away.

Stinsons played St Johns in a league game last week and only lost by two, so I would see the final as well open. Should be a good final and wouldn't like to call it either way.

St Endas have the outstanding young player in the county right now. Show me a dozen Ruairi Scotts in the county conveyor belt and Im telling you we would have brighter days ahead! Has got the lot.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on August 21, 2013, 10:39:52 AM
Was at the other minor semi final. A sharp and well organised St Endas were just a bit too strong for Sean Stinsons 2-08 to 1-07. I had a couple of lads playing and its a quiet house this morning - but they will rue a couple of missed goal chances and weren't that far away.

Stinsons played St Johns in a league game last week and only lost by two, so I would see the final as well open. Should be a good final and wouldn't like to call it either way.

St Endas have the outstanding young player in the county right now. Show me a dozen Ruairi Scotts in the county conveyor belt and Im telling you we would have brighter days ahead! Has got the lot.

Great to hear Bannside, like I said earlier if the Rossa lads stick to football they could be a great outfit in a few years, but I doubt it. Hardstation will tell ya that while they are winning football they are also winning hurling, tyhe lure of hurling far greater than football

bannside

True MR - a lot of the natural talented athletes and sportsmen excel at both football and hurling. That in itself is not helpful to either, but true that most dual players I know do have a preference to play small ball.

Its no coincidence that Rossa won the Paul Mc Girr tournament (for the county u-16 champions across Ulster) in 2011, and St Endas went on to keep the trophy in Antrim in 2012.

I saw most minor games this year, including Rossa, and theres no doubt that there is genuine talent out there. Maybe not enough to get 15-20 together in the one age group, but without doubt half a dozen in each year group that hopefully will come through to wear Saffron in the next few years.

Just need the structures and management teams to be in place to support this. That's a bigger challenge.

qubdub

Afternoon gents. Not much conversation regarding the upcoming q/fs.

St Paul's v ODR
Moneyglass v St Gall's
St Brigid's v Creggan
Lamh Dhearg v Cargin

2 very straight forward winners for me, Gall's/Creggan  IMO. The other two? Any thoughts?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: hardstation on August 21, 2013, 12:33:18 PM
St. Pauls and ourselves could play 100 times and we would win 50 each.

I fancy Cargin to beat Lámh Dhearg.

if yous are so inseperable, surely there would have be at least 20 draws in there with 40 wins each !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012