Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jftj on June 17, 2013, 01:45:18 PM
WAS B.BRADLEY HIT FROM BEHIND?

I think he was but what difference would it mean if you were puched in the jaw from the front side or from behind? He has a jaw broke in 3 places and plates and screws in place and will have his face wired up for 6 weeks, dinner through a straw? What's your point Jimmy ;)?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 17, 2013, 01:53:06 PM
Quote from: jftj on June 17, 2013, 01:45:18 PM
WAS B.BRADLEY HIT FROM BEHIND?

I think he was but what difference would it mean if you were puched in the jaw from the front side or from behind? He has a jaw broke in 3 places and plates and screws in place and will have his face wired up for 6 weeks, dinner through a straw? What's your point Jimmy ;)?

Strange topic to make your first post about  ::)

onefaircounty

Quote from: James Gatz on June 16, 2013, 05:22:46 PM
I agree with crosskeys gael that something has to be done to drag the footballers out of the dire situation we are in right now. For me, this season is a write off, Dawson will be gone by the end of the year and we can hopefully acquire the services of a decent intercounty manager.
At the start of this year I said we should have been going for Aidan ORourke, Malachy ORourke, even Tohill or someone of that ilk. Aidan ORourke made it clear he was interested in the job. He had experience in various intercounty set ups and his day job is as head of GAA at QUB, meaning he lives and breathes GAA everyday, is based in Belfast and has come across many of our players through Sigerson. By all accounts they speak very highly of him and he would have had no problems in getting our best players out on the pitch (namely the large portion of St Galls players who arent playing, and he wouldnt have had the idiotic confrontations which Dawson has had which have managed to exclude some of our better players). He is a modern manager who would have installed a defensive system which would have been far more advanced than Bakers, and he would have got the most out of what is one of the most talented groups of Antrim footballers for generations. We only have to look at his time with Louth to date. He comfortably kept them up in Division 2, which is no mean feat, and they recently beat Laois by ten points (or around that) in the first round of the championship, bearing in mind Laois were in the AI QFs last year and are comfortably a top 12 side. After the match Justin McNulty openly conceded he was destroyed in the sideline battle, while the Louth midfielder Paddy Keenan commented that ORourkes set up is without doubt the most professional he has ever played under.
The reason ORourke was even as much as contacted about the Antrim job is money. To run a top intercounty side nowadays costs hundred of thousands a year. Tyrone can do it, Club Erne funds Canavan (who albeit lost today, but have IMO improved significantly under him) and neither of these two counties has the second biggest city in Ireland within its boundaries. Money is absolutely key, so the question I ask to all out there who are complaining about the disgrace that was last Sunday is this; how are you helping to fund our county? Have you signed up to the One Antrim scheme? Are you contributing to Club Aontroma every month? Or are you sitting behind a keyboard bemoaning the apparent fact that our potentially great county will never rise from the doldrums we currently find ourselves in? You may say any money we have (which is seemingly very little) is being pumped into Dunsilly and the hurlers. If this is indeed the case, and if you care about it enough, youll get involved with Club Aontroma and work to change it rather than complaining online which will help absolutely no one. There is no doubt that money is tight and the current economic situation has had its effect on most people. However, if you look at the One Antrim scheme it is 120 pounds a year, or a tenner a month, or 2.50 a week. Thats the price of a cup of coffee, an icecream a couple of bags of crisps or whatever. Is it really the case that the vast majority of gaels in Antrim cannot do this?

This post should be framed if Dawson beats O'Roukre in the qualifiers.    :D       

jftj

makes a hell of a difference

DearyMe

Aye massive!!! Oh sorry i didnt mean that from behind, but sure take this smack in the laughing gear face on!

p***k!

Clearly only on to cause controversy!

Go away already!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

James Gatz

Fair enough Bannside about the money situation for the senior footballers, you seem to know much more than myself, had heard from several people just that that was the case. I do think however, that we both know that funding a manager these days involves more than financing the teams preparations, and certain personal expenses to the manager must be made available to attract the higher class of manager. I doubt Dawson asked for these, but I would be fairly confident ORourke is picking them up with Louth. The price you pay for success. I do believe that the county went after the cheapest option for senior manager position when deciding between the applicants. In terms of Aidan ORourke I'm well aware that no club nominated him. However, I distinctly remember him saying to the Irish News that he would be very interested if contacted or something similar (basically a come and get me plea to the county board). That not even a phone call was made to one of the best young intercounty managers around, who was clearly interested in the iob, shows a complete lack of ambition and it still would not surprise me in the least if the powers that be within the county didn't think we would have enough finance to fund his ultra professional set up. Can the county committee nominate candidates as well?
Don't get me wrong onefaircounty I would be delighted if we beat Louth, but I just think it would delay the inevitable and paper over the massive cracks.

jftj

yes really strange nag to have your first post about the one thing every belfast gael was talking about this weekend.the reason why im trying to ascertain whether the punch came from behind is to try and work out what the severity of the suspension should be.ye are all on here calling for the peelers to be brought into it[in my opinion the crown forces should only be brought into it under the worst of circumstances i.e striking from behind].by the way id like to wish young bradley a speedy recovery as he is definetely a kid with a bright future ahead of him in our games.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jftj on June 18, 2013, 01:34:03 PM
yes really strange nag to have your first post about the one thing every belfast gael was talking about this weekend.the reason why im trying to ascertain whether the punch came from behind is to try and work out what the severity of the suspension should be.ye are all on here calling for the peelers to be brought into it[in my opinion the crown forces should only be brought into it under the worst of circumstances i.e striking from behind].by the way id like to wish young bradley a speedy recovery as he is definetely a kid with a bright future ahead of him in our games.

If they both had have went toe to toe and Bradso had his jaw broken then there wouldn't have been much said about it. The fact that he was hit when he wasn't looking or ready means he was hit without provcation and if you or your son was punched in the street or on a pitch for that matter you'd be getting the crown forces as the Garda have no powers here :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DearyMe

Heheheheheh - ;D Now Now MR2!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

jftj

oh and deary me-the best part of u ran  down your[ach u know the rest]

Glensman

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on June 17, 2013, 09:49:56 AM
I heard Declan Lynch of Lamh Dhearg arrived in America on Wednesday, only to get deported on the first plane home.

Apparently his 60 day sanction was already approved and he is now unavailable!

Any other lads heading out?

Saw James Laverty from Cargin on a list.

Lynch definitely not play then? Tough break for LD football and hurling.

jftj

yes lynch is a good player and will be missed.i dont think LD,s panel is that strong to absorb too many absentees

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on June 19, 2013, 01:10:15 PM
Quote from: CentreHalfBack on June 17, 2013, 09:49:56 AM
I heard Declan Lynch of Lamh Dhearg arrived in America on Wednesday, only to get deported on the first plane home.

Apparently his 60 day sanction was already approved and he is now unavailable!

Any other lads heading out?

Saw James Laverty from Cargin on a list.

Lynch definitely not play then? Tough break for LD football and hurling.

Lamhs have a big panel, they'll do rightly and he'll be back for championship

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

jftj

i disagree,lamhs are very strong up front with a weak defence.lynch probably their key man in defence.hammers their first sub and that doesnt strike me as a very strong panel.