Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

Apologies HS i obviously heard wrong. A win is a win though whether its a point or 20. Congratulations

antrimlad

Éire Óg/St.Agnes won the U14 B Feile as well yesterday for anyone interested.

imtommygunn

The Memory Man

In response to Simon Says, I feel you would be better contacting the respective football and/or hurling chairmen within the club to get the true picture.  I can assure you that "Janty" is not stopping anyone playing football.  You only need to open your eyes and see we have quite a few lads playing both codes.  Lads will make personal choices as to what they play, which has traditionally been the case in those clubs who are dual.  It's very easy to come on to a public forum and spout off!  Get the facts before you start denigrating our members and our club!  I even wonder are you a St. Johns man at all? :)

Jeepers Creepers

ooooh trouble in paradise!  :o

Simon Says

These are the stories im hearing ,coming from ex and current players something that goes on year in year out in our club, ive been a proud st johns man all my life and think its quite offensive to question if im a club man or not for voicing my opinion regarding our senior footballers to be quite frank we struggled and were lucky against aldergrove and got beat by a st bridgits team that were tipped for relegation, so yes i have my concerns if we dont get our act together soon we could be down at the bottom of the table.

The Memory Man

Simon, I'm not going to get into a public debate with you about the club and the duality issue!  As for my inference about being a St. Johns man, I clearly meant that it wasn't someone masquerading as a St Johns man to stir it up a bit.  I'm sorry you took offence, none intended.  PM me and we can discuss further?

DearyMe

Oh dear oh deary me!!!

A public feud between Johnnies members - 'stit it up'??  now now, who would do such a thing!

All sorts of rumours about the dual problems there in the past, sort it out!

But football results arent great alright!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

bannside

Who's managing St Johns this year. Not that it matters really, because the "big two" are still a fair bit ahead of the pack - though I had a feeling Cargin would have got it a lot tougher last week than it turned out.

Big question to Lamhs men? Where are all the great minors from a few seasons ago. How many are making your first 15 now, and out of the whole lot, can we expect to see any of them regularly in a county jersey? Ryan Murray excepted of course.

A couple of years back there was great talk about a fantastic up and coming Creggan team as well. The future according to some was between these two. Anyone still thinking that way?

No agenda here except to wonder where all these so called young stars are, and if their clubs still feel that they are genuine championship contenders in the next few years. That's all. And if so - who are the players who will lead from the front.

Not as if our own club is setting the world on fire at the minute!

Gold

Predictions for this weekend:

Cargin to wallop St Johns
LD to just beat Creggan at Creggan
Galls by ten vRossa
Aldergrove to get something, maybe a first win v brigids. Will b tight.
Paul's v money glass will again b tight but fancy Paul's at home, just

Div 2

All saints to beat Gort
Glen ravel to lose to rasharkin
Aghagallon to beat ODs well
Glenavy to get first win v Teresa's

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ManInBlackandGreen

Just back from a game, and once more our illustrious referees have let the side down! It is alleged that M MC C got a straight red last night in the last few minutes, and BT like ET last year seems to have decided to make it two yellows, FFS lads grow a real pair!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on April 28, 2013, 05:14:15 PM
Just back from a game, and once more our illustrious referees have let the side down! It is alleged that M MC C got a straight red last night in the last few minutes, and BT like ET last year seems to have decided to make it two yellows, FFS lads grow a real pair!

you can't make a red into two yellows. Where you at the game ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Some interesting division 1 results with aldergrove taking st brigids, creggan taking lamh dhearg and st pauls taking moneyglass.

Think he means that the player was already booked and should have had a straight red mr but easier decision was to give another yellow for straight red offense and the player sees the line anyway.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 28, 2013, 08:25:39 PM
Some interesting division 1 results with aldergrove taking st brigids, creggan taking lamh dhearg and st pauls taking moneyglass.

Think he means that the player was already booked and should have had a straight red mr but easier decision was to give another yellow for straight red offense and the player sees the line anyway.

That's down to the referee, did he commit a red card offence?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

No idea... More agendas against refs coming soon no doubt.