Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

So all the galls players missing are more interested in the back page of the irish news?. Really? But milltown and HS are right, like or agree with dawsys selection that's what he has chosen and let them get on with it. Good luck to them individually and as a team. I hope antrim have success this year and I'll be cheering them on irrespective of who is playing.

theskull1

Poor form disrespecting the efforts of those who are prepared to represent. Give those who are prepared to commit your support rather than concocting your dream team when the team hits a bit of turbulance
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on February 14, 2013, 12:04:57 PM
We beat them last year in the league.

I think I read last week that over the last few years we have played them 6 times - each team winning 3 games each.

A far cry from "we never beat Sligo (lately)", you would agree?

Ok i stand corrected  :-\  But they beat us when it mattered, play off final at Croke
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stibhan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2013, 03:23:47 PM
when it mattered, play off final at Croke

When it mattered... in a meaningless game?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stibhan on February 14, 2013, 09:04:07 PM

Oh I didn't realise you go to Croke park to lose, oh silly me why oh why did they even bother to turn up, give back the Tommy Cooper cup, and while you are at it the Christy Ring.......

Let me see, be known as the league winners or be known as the team that got beat in a final at Croke Park, hmmmm Iknow which one the lads playing that day would have preferred
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stibhan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2013, 09:33:08 PM

Oh I didn't realise you go to Croke park to lose, oh silly me why oh why did they even bother to turn up, give back the Tommy Cooper cup, and while you are at it the Christy Ring.......

Let me see, be known as the league winners or be known as the team that got beat in a final at Croke Park, hmmmm Iknow which one the lads playing that day would have preferred

Firstly no player wants to lose any game, so that's ridiculous. But Baker knowingly played weaker teams in those league finals, or at least elected not to reveal his championship hand only a few weeks before. The League didn't matter; Antrim had already been promoted.

Minder

Quote from: stibhan on February 14, 2013, 10:12:51 PM

Firstly no player wants to lose any game, so that's ridiculous. But Baker knowingly played weaker teams in those league finals, or at least elected not to reveal his championship hand only a few weeks before. The League didn't matter; Antrim had already been promoted.

Did he not draft all the St Galls player into the team for that game, not along after they won the AI?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

manballandall

Aye but he was saving all the big guns from cargin and lambs ;)

stibhan

Quote from: Minder on February 14, 2013, 10:15:24 PM

Did he not draft all the St Galls player into the team for that game, not along after they won the AI?

In a word, no. And the Championship team/system was completely different for both games.

Corkey22

He drafted a few in for the last league game against Roscommon and the Sligo final i think, and lost both. Think it disrupted the team a bit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Corkey22 on February 18, 2013, 12:00:57 PM
He drafted a few in for the last league game against Roscommon and the Sligo final i think, and lost both. Think it disrupted the team a bit

Did alright, would have been better to finish off with the players that got them to the play off final, then arranged a clatter of challege games to bring the Galls lads into the system being used. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, having players back from an All Ireland team is very tempting to play straight away, I'm sure the Cross lads would have played for Armagh had they have been in same situation.

When it works out well your a great manager, when it goes tits up.......

Minder

Quote from: stibhan on February 15, 2013, 11:56:56 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 14, 2013, 10:15:24 PM

In a word, no. And the Championship team/system was completely different for both games.

Team that played Sligo in Div 3 final

1.  J Finucane (Lamh Dhearg)

2.  C Brady (St Galls)
3.  A McClean (St Galls)
4.  K O'Boyle (Cargin)

5.  T Scullion (Cargin)
6.  J Crozier (Cargin)
7.  S Kelly (St Galls)

8.  B Herron (Lamh Dhearg)
9.  M McCann (Cargin)

10.  T O'Neill (St Galls)
11.  CJ McGourty (St Galls)
12.  J Loughrey (St Brigids)

13.  P Cunningham (Lamh Dhearg)
14.  M Magill (Randalstown)
15.  T McCann (Cargin)

The team that played Tyrone in the championship -

1. J Finucane (Lamh Dhearg)

2. C Brady ( St Galls)
3. A Douglas (St Johns)
4. K O'Boyle (Cargin)

5. T Scullion (Cargin)
6. J Crozier (Cargin)
7. S Kelly (St Galls)

8. A Gallagher (St Galls)
9. B Herron (Lamh Dhearg)

10. T O'Neill (St Galls)
11. K Niblock (St Galls)
12. J Loughrey (St Brigids)

13. P Cunningham (Lamh Dhearg)
14. M McCann (Cargin)
15. T McCann (Cargin)

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bannside

We were pure shite that night in Croke against Sligo, and now someone comes on to tell us that it was all just part of a clever plan by Baker and Niall Conway to put Mickey Harte foot asleep!

Lets take a thousand success starved Antrim football followers to the holy grail of Croke Park for a league final and give them a night to remember for all the wrong reasons. Sligo toyed with us and to many thats the night the bubble burst.

Might it not have been simpler to try and go out and win a game of football?

The Worker

A repeat of last years senior final in the first round of the senior this year. Big chance for the johnnies.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Worker on February 25, 2013, 10:15:05 PM
A repeat of last years senior final in the first round of the senior this year. Big chance for the johnnies.

Aye no better chance, we'll do enough I think to win by a couple of points in a messy game. Is that Cargin who get Lamhs?