Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Agreed Culchie. Paul Doc and Sean Mc Veigh will both add an extra physical dimension.

Two still missing though in my book. Michael Mc Carry (All Saints) and David Mc Alernon (Aghagallon). Would feel a lot better if I saw those couple of names in there somewhere.

culchie11

Yeah I heard Paul doc stood out a mile at trials!

Mcveigh is having some kind of op shortly but will hopefully be ok for McKenna cup.

Mccarry is one omission I noticed also, Eamon McNeill & fergal burke not there either, maybe they can't commit or didn't show up at trials!

manballandall

Lads I appreciate ur insight but don't forget that dawsy can only pick a panel of 30 and with at least ten st galls players to be added that only leaves 20 players to pick from over meaning half those names mentioned will miss out. So bearing that in mind would those 2 players still make ur panel?

bannside

Dawsy and his selectors opinions are the ones that really matter. But I always found that when you talked to people who have spent  a long time watching footballers, they wont be too far away in their judgement calls. The danger is when it gets smacks of nepotism and all the recomendations are about players in your own club. In fairness, the selectors have thrown their nets far and wide and at the end of the day wont be far away.

manballandall

No nepotism involved with me. I'd be the first to criticise my own club players. I'm just calling it as I see it and if all players make themselves available then IMO Dawsy would have at least ten players from st galls. Now I'm including the likes of karl stewart in this but karls first love is hurling so may not be an option. However, chris kerr, andy, kelly, aidso, burkey, cj, pollock, kevin mc g, karl, niblock. Any of those ten you wouldn't include?. Add to that list, terry o neil, anto healy, brady and I think ten won't be far off. Nepotism no. Just going on pure talent

bannside

No Gribbeys or Ciaran Mc Gort. Definitely two of your better performers in recent years!!

manballandall

Again another 2 very strong contenders. But that is my point. Hard to argue against including ten. And after todays display so far these guys are just getting better.

OverThePostsAWide

Lads, when you've stopped looking at every player from My Own Navel GAC, does anybody know why James Loughrey isn't on the list?

bannside

Class player and thats def the post of the day!

culchie11

Totally agree with u on the st galls players, as they r county champs and have been most consistent side in the last twelve years.

Also when take that 9 Cargin men have made the panel thus far!

I just think its good to have fresh faces about the panel, competition for places in the panel let alone team will be stiff!

Galls had a mighty impressive win today, I expected a win but not by so much.
Any win away in ulster club is hard fought.
Game against kilcoo will prob be in Armagh, hopefully I will get I to it to support them, a great bunch of fellas and a complete team.
Head Kevin mcgourty got injured early on today, hopefully not too serious for next day.

manballandall

Kevin looks after himself well and was rehydrating rightly after the match so will be fine for next game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on November 05, 2012, 10:45:18 AM
Kevin looks after himself well and was rehydrating rightly after the match so will be fine for next game.

I can vouch for that, I was also rehydrating rightly to the point that I can't function today. Plenty of hand outs I think will get me through the day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mourne man

any word on how the trialls went at the weekend?? who where the stand out players

Mourne man

Can anyone tell me who the new st brigids manager is?

manballandall