Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antrim_81

Massively shocked at Paul Docs exclusion, a midfielder who no doubt can mix it with the best. Maybe a misprint? Also as a country native im disappointed on the number of country men listed a few more are definetely quality enough for this panel. Seen a few defenders from portglenone, st endas, Aghagalln and one from rasharkin who i would like to see given their chance. Although if it is an open trial and not just the ones named then i suppose the list is no big deal (hope that is the case) would be a good start for the new manager.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Antrim_81 on October 12, 2012, 07:22:01 PM
Massively shocked at Paul Docs exclusion, a midfielder who no doubt can mix it with the best. Maybe a misprint? Also as a country native im disappointed on the number of country men listed a few more are definetely quality enough for this panel. Seen a few defenders from portglenone, st endas, Aghagalln and one from rasharkin who i would like to see given their chance. Although if it is an open trial and not just the ones named then i suppose the list is no big deal (hope that is the case) would be a good start for the new manager.

I would say after the performance Cargin put in this year they are behind Lamhs the rest of the SW teams have been crap also, been very surprised at how poor Creegan have been of late, the underage teams they have had over the years have been decent and any time Ive seen them at juvenile level they have been good.

So to answer your post, the SW teams need to improve a wee bit more
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jdyok

any thoughts or predictions for U-21 c'ship, 6 games down for today with 2 teams already in 1/4 finals. Glenavy, Cargin, Creggan, St John's, Dunloy and Rossa to progress, let's see... 8)

AQMP

Congrats to Antrim goalkeeper Ciara McCoy who has been nominated for an All Star.

AQMP

Neither football nor hurling and has been covered on the main board but congrats to Aisling Reilly (St Paul's), Women's Singles World Handball Champion, beating Fiona Shannon, also of St Paul's, in the final.

Sportacus

I noticed frank Dawson recently at the junior and intermediate Antrim club finals and another day at a club final in another county.  Good to see him out and about.  Hope we'll see some more new faces. 

jdyok

Quote from: jdyok on October 13, 2012, 12:38:13 PM
any thoughts or predictions for U-21 c'ship, 6 games down for today with 2 teams already in 1/4 finals. Glenavy, Cargin, Creggan, St John's, Dunloy and Rossa to progress, let's see... 8)

5 out of 6 last wee, must try harder. This week I'll go for 4 home wins, L Dearg, Glenavy, St John's and Cargin, anyone else agree/disagree? 8)

imtommygunn

I take it lamh dhearg are favourites??

bannside

Disagree. The one team that caught you out last week will probably do so again.

bannside

The Lamhs are favourites to win this out of the park ITG. Ulster club minor champions a few years ago, and no less than 13 Antrim County minors in their ranks last three years. Short Odds on even at this stage.

jdyok

Quote from: bannside on October 18, 2012, 09:20:31 PM
Disagree. The one team that caught you out last week will probably do so again.

could be right Bannside, would be good to see... I think winners play St John's or Dunloy in the semi-final... 8)

DearyMe

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=179659

Have you ever heard anything like this in your life!!!!

If i was a ciaran man, i know what i would be saying to McGuckin! WONDER IS HE GETTING TIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

imtommygunn

Out go Lamh Dhearg and Portglenone win by 7. Interesting results. Almost an all south west semi lineup.

bannside

To be honest ITG neither of those were really that surprising. The Lamhs would have been paper favourites due to the sheer number of players who have represented the county, and particularly their huge Ulster win a couple of years ago. But I know Creggan also fancy themselves to go all the way.

Then again last year with six or seven county minors on the pitch they were turned over by St Johns - so how do you answer that?

Wide open now. St Johns won two minors in a row and will be fancying themselves to go all the way. Hope JYDOK tips them this week!!! (LOL)

imtommygunn

Minor doesn't always seem to translate to u21... I thought with lamh dhearg winning the league that was their young boys coming through. St johns always seem to lose a lot from minor as well.

Fair play to creggan. I was hoping they'd have been closer to cargin/ st galls at senior level by now but hopefully still a lot to come through.

Maybe we'll see portglenone back in division 1 soon too...