Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

With Burren out of the Down Championship I hear a certain Galls man my put his name into the hat
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RandyDupree

What was the hand gestures after the game from the st galls players all about?  ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 30, 2012, 02:28:11 PM
We beat St. Pauls and are officially safe. Good end to the season from the lads.

Div 1 football and hurling, the premier club is back at the top, fair feat all the same, fooking cnuts :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rasharkin Gael

According to IN four names in for the football job, Gearoid, Frank Delargy,Frank Dawson and JC. All good coaches , what a team if would be if you could get them all to work together!!   

bannside

Probably see some white smoke emerging later today on the football job. Will probably come down to the make up of the backroom team.

Wouldnt like to be putting up the odds now. Geroid seems to have lost his battle to bring Madden and Mc Flynn with him, and definitely would need to have a couple of really experienced football men in there too somewhere to have a chance. Maybe he has.

Dawson and Rafferty by far the most experienced and between them years around teams with a fair amount of success. Probably the favourites.

Whitey and McCluskey will have put a serious bid together, and I have a sneaky feeling if Whitey gets in, JC wont be far from his thoughts as a coach/selector. Would be a strong combo too.

Will be an interesting call.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on October 04, 2012, 09:38:31 AM
Probably see some white smoke emerging later today on the football job. Will probably come down to the make up of the backroom team.

Wouldnt like to be putting up the odds now. Geroid seems to have lost his battle to bring Madden and Mc Flynn with him, and definitely would need to have a couple of really experienced football men in there too somewhere to have a chance. Maybe he has.

Dawson and Rafferty by far the most experienced and between them years around teams with a fair amount of success. Probably the favourites.

Whitey and McCluskey will have put a serious bid together, and I have a sneaky feeling if Whitey gets in, JC wont be far from his thoughts as a coach/selector. Would be a strong combo too.

Will be an interesting call.

did you not forget someone !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

Definitely not Hoof. Dont believe all ya read big yin!!!

Kilrea and Slaughtneil should be a cracker. You headin up?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on October 04, 2012, 10:35:19 AM
Definitely not Hoof. Dont believe all ya read big yin!!!

Kilrea and Slaughtneil should be a cracker. You headin up?

if it was in screen or glen or lavey or bellaghy or...................sure you could have ten great grounds in south derry to play it in, but i am one of the ones vast against Celtic Park, unless its the final. It was hard enough getting motivated a few weeks ago to go when Bellaghy were in it, never mind a neutral game

bannside

Antrim versus Monaghan in next years Ulster championship. They will be a different animal under Malachy O Rourke.

Wonder where it will be played?

Minder

Quote from: bannside on October 04, 2012, 08:16:00 PM
Antrim versus Monaghan in next years Ulster championship. They will be a different animal under Malachy O Rourke.

Casement surely ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bannside

Some atmosphere at the Kilrea v Loup  QF game under lights at Bellaghy Hoof. Guess there were 5 or 6 thousand there. Great venue tbh. Will head up to Celtic Park anyway and shout for the Pearses.

When does the work start at Casement Minder. Surely it will be out of action before then!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Minder on October 04, 2012, 08:21:33 PM
Quote from: bannside on October 04, 2012, 08:16:00 PM

Casement surely ?

out of action i think - probably corrigan

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on October 04, 2012, 08:24:20 PM
Some atmosphere at the Kilrea v Loup  QF game under lights at Bellaghy Hoof. Guess there were 5 or 6 thousand there. Great venue tbh. Will head up to Celtic Park anyway and shout for the Pearses.

When does the work start at Casement Minder. Surely it will be out of action before then!

I doubt the planning permission has been given yet

Minder

The Antrim twitter feed has just said it would be at Casement, work is supposed to take 21 months and open in 2015 so they must be planning to use it next season.

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2012, 08:25:50 PM

I doubt the planning permission has been given yet

Planning permission to be submitted by March 2013