Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viva the mccooey

Gallagher a huge loss for Antrim, typical of Baker to piss off our best player before biggest game in years. GA for manager next season . Heard last night that Rasharkin mentors got banned til the end of season after brawl in Creggan , just bloody right!

manballandall

So Baker pissed him off ?

I do know the true story but would be interested in hearing your version.

CitySlicker11

Well he was dropped before the Galway game, so why did he stick about for that game? Was it due to Aodhan being away the week before the Galway game? Also, he didn't seem at all interested before the game, but played very well when he was introduced, strange one. No chance of him still being there this Sat?

bannside

Cityslicker mentions that Aidso didnt look interested before the Galway game. I didnt pick up on that. But funnily enough I did notice that unusually he was not wearing his county socks - he was wearing his St Galls socks! No doubt there will be two equally compelling stories/reasons, where the blame lies for his departure etc.

He will be a miss, especially if we progress beyond todays match, and need a strong panel. TBH we are not coming down with natural midfielders into the bargain. He has good workrate and leadership qualities too which will be missed as well though.

Makes todays stakes higher, especially with Bakers comments about the "calibre " of Tipperary. They are no bad team, and if we get past this one, I would see it as a decent scalp - definitely not a mediocre one.

Big crowd going down from here. The Portglenone/Moneyglass/Ahoghill "ultras" are on their way already - remember them from Ballybofey 09! Come on the Saffrons.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on July 21, 2012, 07:52:13 AM
Cityslicker mentions that Aidso didnt look interested before the Galway game. I didnt pick up on that. But funnily enough I did notice that unusually he was not wearing his county socks - he was wearing his St Galls socks! No doubt there will be two equally compelling stories/reasons, where the blame lies for his departure etc.

He will be a miss, especially if we progress beyond todays match, and need a strong panel. TBH we are not coming down with natural midfielders into the bargain. He has good workrate and leadership qualities too which will be missed as well though.

Makes todays stakes higher, especially with Bakers comments about the "calibre " of Tipperary. They are no bad team, and if we get past this one, I would see it as a decent scalp - definitely not a mediocre one.

Big crowd going down from here. The Portglenone/Moneyglass/Ahoghill "ultras" are on their way already - remember them from Ballybofey 09! Come on the Saffrons.

I thought the crowd down I was with made a bigger impression in 09!!! We had the disco crew with Afro wigs on!! Christ what a laugh
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Who all went to Thurles?

And for those who didnt go, why not?

Money?
Time?
Dont give a f**k?

I always find before travelling you be like what am i doing but when you get down your always glad u went
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

saffron sam2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2012, 12:32:25 PM

I thought the crowd down I was with made a bigger impression in 09!!! We had the disco crew with Afro wigs on!! Christ what a laugh

bannside is talking about Antrim fans though.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Minder

Quote from: saffron sam2 on July 23, 2012, 10:24:30 PM

Ha !

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron sam2 on July 23, 2012, 10:24:30 PM

Sure Donegal are some team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

County seeking internal applications for both managerial positions with the holders of both positions being considered

If Baker wants the football job I can't see it being changed. For Hurling- god knows
the difference between success and failure is energy

otbar

Was Gallagher a big miss - Kelly seemed to do well first 20 against galway and must of been a loss - who was good or bad?
Where was game lost?

manballandall

Game was lost in Thurles I believe ;)

aontroim

Quote from: otbar on July 24, 2012, 10:57:36 AM
Was Gallagher a big miss - Kelly seemed to do well first 20 against galway and must of been a loss - who was good or bad?
Where was game lost?

No 'Plan B' when Tipp stuck to playing man on man and didn't fall for the usual bringing half-forwards into defence.  Little or no option for a pass in the forward line when half-backs / half-forwards broke out into space. Tipp better on the break - probably a more athletic side overall than Antrim. Several relatively easy frees missed (lack of left-footed free taker). Too much of the sunbeds/fake Tan.

imtommygunn

Baker has instilled a lot more belief in Antrim football and fair play to him for that but he has never brought a plan b - swamp defence, play with little or no forwards and counter is the only tactic he seems to play. Sometimes this leaves us with 2 forwards at most against multiple defenders and it's never going to work against any half decent team.

We actually have footballers at the minute capable of executing a much more positive gameplan. When he started we did not.

Couldn't make the game Saturday.

AQMP

Quote from: Gold on July 23, 2012, 10:20:06 PM
Who all went to Thurles?

And for those who didnt go, why not?

Money?
Time?
Dont give a f**k?

I always find before travelling you be like what am i doing but when you get down your always glad u went

Being exiled in the Wesht and with a still relatively young family (who have absolutely zero interest in Antrim GAA) and because of work commitments we don't see a huge amount of each other during the week, so I'd be lucky to get to one game a year at this stage.  But in an ideal world I'd go to them all.