Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearyMe

Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DearyMe on May 11, 2012, 12:07:58 PM
New this would pop up again sometime - tried to ask it months ago, and no one really interested.

Sean Burk
Sean Kelly
Terry O Neill
even Terrys brother ffs
Cj McGourty
Keiran McGourty?
Paul Veronica still playing?
Colm Brady
And yes Kevin Niblock
What about Pollock?

I mean, all of them ffs!!

Wonder the local tabloid and certain irresponsible journalists havent picked up on it?

Would be way stronger. And youre right Hardsdstation - 5 Johnies men??????? how can that be?
Whole thing doesnt make sense! 
And i have just remembered Andy McLean????

The players are not interested, leave it at that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DearyMe

Ok leave it at that - and just ignore reasons why!

Thats about right!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DearyMe on May 11, 2012, 02:11:26 PM

Thats about right!

They don't want to play for Antrim, think that is obvious, if they wanted to, most of your list would be available. Are you dishing dirt on reasons why?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SambaSaffron

Don't want to play county football. Some ambition there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SambaSaffron on May 11, 2012, 02:30:42 PM
Don't want to play county football. Some ambition there.

They have played for Antrim for many years, through good times and a lot more bad times, put a hell of a lot more effort into Antrim football than you. Very easy to snipe behind that name.

imtommygunn

Gees MR it's a discussion board.

Why do they not want to play? Do they think Bradley is not the right man for the job? Do they think that there's not enough talent in antrim to do anything so think it's a waste of time? Do they think it will impact st galls chances of putting another challenge in on ulster?

Milltown Row2

Ask them, saying they lack ambition is well off the mark. Work, marriage, loads of reasons im sure, but lack of ambition isnt one of them

imtommygunn

I don't know any of them so I'll hardly be asking them.

It's unlikely that all of them have the same circumstances so you wonder is there a general belief or agreement held by all of them. There's feasibly another 7 or 8 boys you could plug in there. Strange that so many aren't available all at once.

Milltown Row2

But still 3 lads playing for the county and one the captain, so it's not Galls thing not to play for the county, otherwise we wouldn't have any players playing football and hurling for the county.

Their reasons are solely their own, we can speculate/debate as to the reason but I doubt even if Bradley was not the manager that these lads would not have played this year anyway. Kelly stepped down ages ago, doubt Terry was asked, Burkey in final year studying, McLean getting married and injured early on I think. Keiran hurling for County, Pollock in England? Niblock injured? CJ not picked. If they aren't good enough reasons then I don't know.

CJ is flying for the club at both codes early on and long may it continue

optimus cheese

Thought Niblock would be back but been in England for the year and maybe too far behind in terms of training but would nearly expect to see him back at some stage. Andy McClean is the big one not there for me, thought his injuries had cleared up but maybe not.
Would love to see CJ back but it's hardly a secret he and Baker don't get on, I would imagine therein lies the reason

subterranean saffron

I admire you backing your clubmen MR2.

My problem is that the majority of what you call reasons, I call excuses. I could give you countless examples of players carrying injuries, studying abroad, studying for finals, getting married who have played county football. Lets call a spade a spade here the majority mentioned just don't want to play. That for me is the real shame. Here we have the best footballing club that will ever play in Antrim and we have 4 (assuming Niblock returns) players making themselves available for Championship. Kevin Madden was one of the best players I ever saw playing for Antrim, I imagine given all he went though the thought of boys just not caring enough to turn up must be soul destroying. As the wise man says though build a bridge and get over it.

Best to worry about those who still care and as SS2 alluded to worry we might.

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 11, 2012, 12:18:19 PM
Them beds in Waterfoot are wile hard.

And the rooms are wile cold.

And my girl's over from England for the weekend.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: subterranean saffron on May 11, 2012, 04:08:40 PM
I admire you backing your clubmen MR2.

My problem is that the majority of what you call reasons, I call excuses. I could give you countless examples of players carrying injuries, studying abroad, studying for finals, getting married who have played county football. Lets call a spade a spade here the majority mentioned just don't want to play. That for me is the real shame. Here we have the best footballing club that will ever play in Antrim and we have 4 (assuming Niblock returns) players making themselves available for Championship. Kevin Madden was one of the best players I ever saw playing for Antrim, I imagine given all he went though the thought of boys just not caring enough to turn up must be soul destroying. As the wise man says though build a bridge and get over it.

Best to worry about those who still care and as SS2 alluded to worry we might.

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 11, 2012, 12:18:19 PM
Them beds in Waterfoot are wile hard.

And the rooms are wile cold.

And my girl's over from England for the weekend.

And you know this because? Excuses/reasons? Now you are talking shite. Get over your silly jealousy's please, Baker was in Cargin the other night to see a poor (by their standards) Galls team beat Cargin, plenty of players on show for him to pick from. He didn't.

Any players carrying injuries into championship will be doing Antrim no favours. Any lads that stepped out to complete exams is down to them, of course you'd rather have a failed student than a failed Antrim player. As I have said before, they owe Antrim nothing, they have put in more effort to Antrim football than you, should they not play for their own reasons/excuses then that's down to them.

As for SS2, he should lay of the Jammie dodgers. Steak Knife tells some yarns :o, he'll be saying they aren't playing for Antrim cause Baker is useless, I mean, a Derry man FFS

imtommygunn

MR you're sounding as bad as them Loughiel boys now.

Is it not valid to suggest that one boy played through heart problems and some other boys have this that and the other going on, none of which are as serious as Madden's issue, so the level of commitment wouldn't be as great?

For so many to have backed out at one time I find odd and to me it would seem like something more going on than these reasons / excuses.

None of the above is that unreasonable.

Maybe we could be wrong fair enough but questioning it hardly makes people jealous.

subterranean saffron

Think you have got the wrong end of the stick there MR2. How do I know they don't want to play for Antrim? Probably the same way you do.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2012, 02:26:21 PM
Quote from: DearyMe on May 11, 2012, 02:11:26 PM

Thats about right!

They don't want to play for Antrim, think that is obvious, if they wanted to, most of your list would be available. Are you dishing dirt on reasons why?

Thats it though you have me pegged, just a jealous basterd who wants every young'un to fail exams for the Antrim cause. To quote a phrase 'wind yer neck in'.