Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bhoy1888 on September 26, 2011, 10:49:16 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 24, 2011, 06:22:07 PM
If Cargin hadn't done the dirt on JC maybe, just maybe mind, they might have had something going over there.
jc has not a clue about football,plenty around cargin better than him

He may not know how to win a league, but managed a Championship when there was 'better' men about him ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DearyMe

Quote from: hardstation on September 23, 2011, 11:23:09 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 23, 2011, 11:14:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 23, 2011, 11:04:22 PM
Not our fault, teams refusing to train as hard

yeah, thats ballix, there isnt a team in antrim, or any team in Ireland who doesnt train their stones off. Nobody is saying Galls dont deserve any of their titles, they deserve every thing they have got over their 100+ years, but a bit disrespectful to the rest
Not only that but St. Gall's got a great crop all coming together at the one time. It's been a fair few years since they got within a sniff of a minor title and it could be a few years yet. They will be overtaken, eventually and with comments like that, I hope Milltown is ready.

i thought galls did ok against johnies in semi, had them rattled for a bit - lets hope this post doesnt come back to haunt you HS!!!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on September 24, 2011, 07:31:42 PM
I think Micko just felt Pollock's Bollocks.

CJ has a right and big arse on him.

How is this so close?

Anyone see this on TV last night? Before 9.00pm also, kids could have been watching :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 27, 2011, 10:35:02 AM

How is this so close?

Anyone see this on TV last night? Before 9.00pm also, kids could have been watching :P

I missed the highlights last night - is there a TG4 Iplayer type thing? Or can we not watch them as we don't live in Ireland?

Turned into a bit of a Micko pantomime for a while. At one point he was on his knees beating the ground with his fists when the linesman didn't make a decision for him.
That said he played well when on the ball.

B Herron missed a couple of easy enough chances that if taken might have drawn them level - who knows what can happen when you're level and the blood is up.
Thought LD were a bit naive constantly waiting for Cunningham to come out and take their frees, wherever they were. Good distrubtion and great feet (foot) but slowed the thing down, arguably he should have been on the end of them.
LD's number 5 is a wee flyer and if he bulks up and doesn't lose the pace he could be some player.

Is Kevin McGourty injured then? Saw him in the stand looking very dapper and perhaps commenting? Or just speaking into a phone.

DearyMe

injured alright, no , wasnt commentating, well could have been unofficially ;D
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on September 27, 2011, 10:54:47 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 27, 2011, 10:35:02 AM

How is this so close?

I missed the highlights last night - is there a TG4 Iplayer type thing? Or can we not watch them as we don't live in Ireland?

Turned into a bit of a Micko pantomime for a while. At one point he was on his knees beating the ground with his fists when the linesman didn't make a decision for him.
That said he played well when on the ball.

B Herron missed a couple of easy enough chances that if taken might have drawn them level - who knows what can happen when you're level and the blood is up.
Thought LD were a bit naive constantly waiting for Cunningham to come out and take their frees, wherever they were. Good distrubtion and great feet (foot) but slowed the thing down, arguably he should have been on the end of them.
LD's number 5 is a wee flyer and if he bulks up and doesn't lose the pace he could be some player.

Is Kevin McGourty injured then? Saw him in the stand looking very dapper and perhaps commenting? Or just speaking into a phone.

Aye number 5 for Lamh's was very impressive, played great against Cargin also. Would need to baulk up a bit but still only minor so time yet.

imtommygunn

How many minors had the Lamhs on - 3 or 4?

When Micko plays it is always the Micko pantomime. If he concentrated on the game he could be a very good player is the worst of it.

St Galls dominance won't last forever no doubt but there's a few years in it yet. Whether there is another AI in this team is another question. If a lot of these boys retire with only one AI it will be a shame as I personally think they'll have underachieved and I would say some of them would feel the same.

If they can blood a few players a year, which they seem to be, then that'll be a big help. Hard to see who'll take over unless Lamhs can get a lot out of their underage crew. Cargin always have the players to challenge them but unless things change drastically they won't.

Milltown Row2

I wouldn't mind underachieving with an all Ireland medal in my back pocket!!
::)

imtommygunn

I do and I don't mean it in a bad way MR. Those boys are capable of a few more all irelands. They know they're capable of more than one too. It's the standard they've set so it's not a particularly negative comment. If Cross can get 4 or 5 AIs why can't you?

4father

Don't you think they still have something to prove MR2?  Don't mean to be a shitebag but this team needs to beat Cross in the same way Kerry would never have felt they fully achieved unless they beat Tyrone. 

Your All-Ireland win was amazing for your club and beats anything my club has even achieved but deep down, do you not think that your All-Ireland win was a bit too easy?

4father

I knew that would have sounded bad, Corofin match was difficult alright for them.  Final was a walk in the park.

But they strolled through Ulster did they not?  And they didn't meet and beat Cross.

4father

Quote from: hardstation on September 27, 2011, 09:23:27 PM
Cross didn't get out of Armagh, not St. Galls' fault. Pearse Og (who beat Cross) gave them a quare game. Could and perhaps should have beaten them.

Stupid comment, tbf.

Of course its not St Galls fault ffs.  That was the first match, after that, it was easy for them.

But until they beat Cross, they can't be regarded as potential multi-All Ireland winners in my opinion.  They have met Cross twice (open for correction) during their recent exploits and have been second best twice.

4father

Cross don't qualify, St Galls win an All-Ireland.

Cross do qualify, St Galls don't get out of Ulster.

This is the pattern.  They need to beat Cross in the same way Kerry needed to beat Tyrone at the time. 

4father

That would be different because Cross have proven that they are better than St Galls in recent years.

Listen, I know its not easy to win an AI.  Fair fcuks to St Galls.  I take my hat off to them.  It was just something I was thinking about.  I think its a fair comment and I suppose only a St Galls man would be able to honestly answer it. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 27, 2011, 08:30:19 PM
I do and I don't mean it in a bad way MR. Those boys are capable of a few more all irelands. They know they're capable of more than one too. It's the standard they've set so it's not a particularly negative comment. If Cross can get 4 or 5 AIs why can't you?

A couple of games they lost that maybe they shouldn't have. The Loup beat us  in the Ulster final and Salthill should never have beaten us, but lets not underestimate what they have achieved, they are regarded as one of the best teams in Ireland.

Cross are a superb team, there's not a team in Ireland looking to play them, their brand of football is different to ours and more effective than ours (they get results)

If St Galls never win an All Ireland again then it won't make them a bad team, they will hopefully play Cross at Casement, Cross will be favourites, rightly so. If Cross beat them they will try and get back to the Ulster Championship again.

Now stop talking shite please, starting to sound like the WUMS ::)