Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: yellowcard on November 21, 2018, 02:02:57 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 21, 2018, 01:57:33 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 21, 2018, 01:25:57 PM
Nicola would like the same deal the North is getting!

And she doesn't mind wrecking the current deal to get it. Very disappointed with the SNP's position on all this.

You can't really blame her though, her only concern is that of the welfare of Scotland. The only deal that could be economically beneficial for Scotland is another referendum, otherwise they will become very isolated.

It's a rare conglomerate of anti deal groupings now. Hard Tory Brexiteers, SNP, Labour & DUP all attacking Theresa May for their own varying different reasons.

Then why is she not diverting her energy towards another referendum which is very much strengthened by the events of the last week or two.
Her electorate and Scotland voted against Brexit and now she prefers a hard Brexit over the current deal.
It's all very confusing
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

yellowcard

500 jobs announced to go in Bombardier next spring. More trouble for the DUP closer to home as they swan around Westminster losing sight of what is important.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: trailer on November 21, 2018, 02:17:29 PM
Anyone attacking Nicola Sturgeon hasn't got a clue. One of the best politicians around and has the best interests of Scotland at heart. If only we had a few like her in NI we'd be a hell of a lot better off.

Who's attacking her, you sound like a paranoid unionist.
Just trying to reason with her motives.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: yellowcard on November 21, 2018, 02:19:15 PM
500 jobs announced to go in Bombardier next spring. More trouble for the DUP closer to home as they swan around Westminster losing sight of what is important.

Was thinking the same thing. Their house and ours is falling in round them and all they want to is obsess with Brexit

trailer

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 21, 2018, 02:20:26 PM
Anyone attacking Nicola Sturgeon hasn't got a clue. One of the best politicians around and has the best interests of Scotland at heart. If only we had a few like her in NI we'd be a hell of a lot better off.

You clearly don't understand. Her motives are quite clear. If you haven't the mental capacity to understand them then that's for you to fix.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on November 21, 2018, 02:19:15 PM
That is a sucker blow for NI
500 good jobs as well
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

The bridge to scotland is just smoke and mirrors from this plus them abstaining from the last few commons votes to try and show May who's boss.

Probably more this. I doubt they even care.

Why would Sturgeon not look for a better deal? Be foolish not to.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: trailer on November 21, 2018, 02:25:30 PM

You clearly don't understand. Her motives are quite clear. If you haven't the mental capacity to understand them then that's for you to fix.

"Taken out of the EU against our will, taken out of the single market and customs union against our economic interests...that's the cost to Scotland of not being independent."

Ok mister smarter than me how does the above statement correlate with gathering up a possy and collaborating with the DUP to train wreck a deal that's better than a hard Brexit for Scotland.
Instead of getting personal why don't you answer my question. Did I attack Her
Are you Sryefus by any chance
The Dunning- Kruger effect is strong in you.

NAG1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 21, 2018, 02:57:17 PM

"Taken out of the EU against our will, taken out of the single market and customs union against our economic interests...that's the cost to Scotland of not being independent."

Ok mister smarter than me how does the above statement correlate with gathering up a possy and collaborating with the DUP to train wreck a deal that's better than a hard Brexit for Scotland.

Not that difficult to get actually.

The current deal keeps NI effectively in the SM and CU, therefore making it a more attractive place to do business. Setting it on a direct competition pathway with scotland.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: NAG1 on November 21, 2018, 03:01:42 PM

The current deal keeps NI effectively in the SM and CU, therefore making it a more attractive place to do business. Setting it on a direct competition pathway with scotland.

I understand that part fine but my question is, will a hard Brexit be any different to Scotland. Sabotaging the current deal makes no more difference to Scotland than it does to Wales
It's this Deal or no deal
Scotland should be pushing for another referendum then they can join the EU and look for a similar arrangement with England

NAG1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 21, 2018, 03:11:27 PM

I understand that part fine but my question is, will a hard Brexit be any different to Scotland. Sabotaging the current deal makes no more difference to Scotland than it does to Wales
Scotland should be pushing for another referendum then they can join the EU and look for a similar arrangement with England

Think its more in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. Rather than see NI have any advantage they would rather bring the whole deal down and be fighting at the same level.

They had their chance with the Indy ref and messed it up.

weareros

Quote from: johnnycool on November 21, 2018, 01:23:23 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 21, 2018, 01:00:31 PM
The bridge to Scotland was a pre-emptive hint to the rest of the uk by the DUP to show how united we all are, and we're all the same etc etc. It was points on the board before the match started.

Surprised Nicola Sturgeon isn't prepared to meet them halfway with the costs...........

Deluded doesn't even come into it.

I'd say after the 1 billion bribe given to the DUP to support the Tories, there's isn't a hope in hell of anyone giving them 20 Billion to build a bridge to Scotland to fulfill their genetic fantasy/umbilical cord needs to "their" mainland.

yellowcard

The Scottish bridge is just classic DUP diversionary tactics. They could'nt get the Narrow Water Bridge built connecting South Down to North Louth which was a few hundred metres long.

Building a 30 mile bridge from the economic wastelands of Scotland to the north is pure la la land stuff. Big Ian is just looking a bit of the limelight, he missed out over the last month due to his suspension.   

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: yellowcard on November 21, 2018, 03:36:33 PM
The Scottish bridge is just classic DUP diversionary tactics. They could'nt get the Narrow Water Bridge built connecting South Down to North Louth which was a few hundred metres long.

Building a 30 mile bridge from the economic wastelands of Scotland to the north is pure la la land stuff. Big Ian is just looking a bit of the limelight, he missed out over the last month due to his suspension.   

Well it's the first time the DUP would be perceived as a party that likes to build bridges.

LeoMc

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 21, 2018, 03:11:27 PM

She could be playing hard ball, pushing May to the brink. If she offered May 40+ MP's to back the deal on condition of another referendum Sturgeon gets another bite of the cherry (made more attractive by Spains changing attitudes) and May can deliver the deal whilst giving 2 fingers to the ERG & DUP.