Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caesar

The problem regarding floodlights at pitches in the city might not be as straight forward as some people think.

A lot of the Belfast clubs may run into issues associated with light pollution, power infrastructure or planning permission.

Its not just about the money.

bannside

BelfastSaff if you had asked me that question a week ago I'd have said we would be reasonably optimistic about our chances if we got to meet Lamh Dhearg, (we beat them home and away in the league) but they were very impressive on Sunday night and had that look about them, playing on the edge but under control, and very strong all over the pitch. Mairtin Lynch knows how to time his run and with two Murrays back and flying I'd say they are favourites to win the title in my book.  If we can find 15% - 20% on last night and Lamhs have an off day we could snatch it, but it's probably a year too early for us if I'm being honest. Although I expect last night will bring us on a bit  hopefully anyway.

bogieman

gratias tibi spike; marcus et cornelius, ante multos annos

apologies, i got confused between my scriptum scriptum and super script usage, and won't argue with the post scriptum secundum
I'd rather not be associated with the PPS (syndrome)... seems only young boys have it...

Pss we may look back in future years and wonder why anyone would want to play on the green gold

Ps2 every club should aspire to be dual, with handball during the winter  8)

Ps3 hows this for a thought DK, if you have nothing good to say,, ...

Ps4 threw his gumshield, missed him of(f) course

Ps5 apart from the lack of coffee, I had another complaint, the scoreboard was to(o) bright, but a little knob can fix that

Ps6 there are 2 gaa floodlit pitches in belfast

Ps7 there are no stands at antrim pitches, well, none open yet

Ps6 i salute the pro
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

whatwillbwillb

Not being from the hurling side of the house, but again to highlight the basic issues within the county Kevin Parke is due to referee one of the Intermediate Semi Finals tomorrow and his own club sits in the other semi final? Seen this back in the football 1/4 finals also.... putting the lad in a situation that could blow up in his face.. or maybe we just dont have them MR2 ?

whatwillbwillb

BS two minor semis look to be potentially great contests, St James v St BT9ers should be nip & tuck, fancy Galls to edge Cargin however (P Hughes) down to ref so this one could be a disaster for both teams.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 13, 2019, 06:37:17 AM
Not being from the hurling side of the house, but again to highlight the basic issues within the county Kevin Parke is due to referee one of the Intermediate Semi Finals tomorrow and his own club sits in the other semi final? Seen this back in the football 1/4 finals also.... putting the lad in a situation that could blow up in his face.. or maybe we just dont have them MR2 ?

I take it you and Stillwater have looked at the fixtures for senior hurling?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 13, 2019, 06:44:31 AM
BS two minor semis look to be potentially great contests, St James v St BT9ers should be nip & tuck, fancy Galls to edge Cargin however (P Hughes) down to ref so this one could be a disaster for both teams.

That man must have some serious videos of yer man Anto in compromising positions for the fixtures he is being awarded

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Caesar on September 12, 2019, 04:24:51 PM
The problem regarding floodlights at pitches in the city might not be as straight forward as some people think.

A lot of the Belfast clubs may run into issues associated with light pollution, power infrastructure or planning permission.

Its not just about the money.

yeah thats also a factor to take into account as well with regards to flood lights. When we were getting planning approval for our new 4G pitch you need to do lighting diagrams to show the spread of the lighting in the surrounding area and the potential pollution it will cause.

I did a planning application for a new 4G pitch at a belfast school a few years back and it was beside houses. the amount of objections to the lighting there in the estates was massive as they didnt want it shining in their windows etc. It took a lot of meetings, planning meetings, drawings and lighting consultants to even get it to be considered before it got an approval from the planners.
hurl like f**k boi!

Spike

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 13, 2019, 09:52:20 AM
As a few posters think its a great concept playing championship football on 3 or 4G.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/staggering-amount-of-injuries-on-4g-pitches-compared-to-grass-1.3641369

https://turfmatters.co.uk/injuries-4g-pitches/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/15/why-3g-pitches-are-being-ripped-up-in-holland-over-health-fears/

Stop arguing with logic and sensible discussion points DK!!  We're sick of listening to experts around Antrim.   We demand mediocrity and half-assed administration, playing facilities and county senior set ups!   Its our right as one of the worst run counties in Ireland!!    Stick your sensible player welfare warnings where the sun dont shine  :'(

Tyrdub

Quote from: bogieman on September 12, 2019, 07:53:09 PM

gratias tibi spike; marcus et cornelius, ante multos annos

apologies, i got confused between my scriptum scriptum and super script usage, and won't argue with the post scriptum secundum
I'd rather not be associated with the PPS (syndrome)... seems only young boys have it...

Pss we may look back in future years and wonder why anyone would want to play on the green gold

Ps2 every club should aspire to be dual, with handball during the winter  8)

Ps3 hows this for a thought DK, if you have nothing good to say,, ...

Ps4 threw his gumshield, missed him of(f) course

Ps5 apart from the lack of coffee, I had another complaint, the scoreboard was to(o) bright, but a little knob can fix that

Ps6 there are 2 gaa floodlit pitches in belfast

Ps7 there are no stands at antrim pitches, well, none open yet

Ps6 i salute the pro

I was sent a clip of this which someone took on their phone, he didn't miss, long suspension coming his way

NatSoSaff

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 12, 2019, 01:02:35 PM
Quote from: NatSoSaff on September 12, 2019, 11:23:00 AM
Ach I Hope their wee arms and legs aren't really sore today, poor wee craters!

Anyway, DK can you tell me what the difference in a 3G pitch and a 'school' 3G pitch is please? Or are you just using the word 'school' for dramatic effect because you have a problem with these surfaces yourself?

All the coverage and promo of the game, plus comments on the quality and speed of play are very positive reading & viewing from what I can make out.

Great move Antrim County Board. Forward thinking group of people.

Uppa saffs

If can't recognise that playing a senior club championship game on a school pitch sums up the infrastructure embarrassment we have in the county, well there is little point in trying, your brain dead mate.

Still waiting on your definition of School 3G and ordinary 3G 'Mate'

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2019, 07:39:34 AM

Congrats MR2 does this mean that the Senior Final is yours? That doesn't make it right mo chara it just means that the committee doesn't have the refs with enough experience or numbers  .. Totes I'm sure has a plan with big Anto, what happened to Owen Elliott, Duffy Kelly ? Kelly and Duffy reffd both codes did they not..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 13, 2019, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2019, 07:39:34 AM

Congrats MR2 does this mean that the Senior Final is yours? That doesn't make it right mo chara it just means that the committee doesn't have the refs with enough experience or numbers  .. Totes I'm sure has a plan with big Anto, what happened to Owen Elliott, Duffy Kelly ? Kelly and Duffy reffd both codes did they not..

I take it you haven't watched many games this year or the past 3 years? I'm not engaging on this subject while we have championship. I'll certainly chat about it afterwards, it's not fair on clubs or players to have a ref discussing these matters, nor is it fair to slinging mud at officials
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bogieman

MR2, you did a game I was at once, and I was very very disappointed you looked nothing like your picture...  ;)

This is not Irish dancing. -RH