Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatSoSaff

Ach I Hope their wee arms and legs aren't really sore today, poor wee craters!

Anyway, DK can you tell me what the difference in a 3G pitch and a 'school' 3G pitch is please? Or are you just using the word 'school' for dramatic effect because you have a problem with these surfaces yourself?

All the coverage and promo of the game, plus comments on the quality and speed of play are very positive reading & viewing from what I can make out.

Great move Antrim County Board. Forward thinking group of people.

Uppa saffs

The Gs Man

A 3G pitch today is in a completely different league than 3G (or 2G) pitches 10 years ago in terms of shock absorption etc. 
Keep 'er lit

Caesar

"Great move by the county board"....

For a county chairman to overrule the fixtures committee and switch a championship venue at the last minute to a 3G pitch, which St Johns use as a training pitch was a major insult to Portglenone.

To put St Johns in the position of having to play 3 senior championship games in one week is also out of order.

Lets not pretend that this whole debacle was not a total farce and embarrassment for the county just because the evening passed without incident and most people are happy with the result.

Belfast GAA man

Is the redevelopment of Corrigan going to have lights ? At least that would give us one Belfast venue with grass and lights..

Calm Down

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 12, 2019, 12:20:07 PM
Is the redevelopment of Corrigan going to have lights ? At least that would give us one Belfast venue with grass and lights..

Corrigan is not the answer, get your head out of the notion that Belfast is the centre of the world

Dunsilly King

Quote from: NatSoSaff on September 12, 2019, 11:23:00 AM
Ach I Hope their wee arms and legs aren't really sore today, poor wee craters!

Anyway, DK can you tell me what the difference in a 3G pitch and a 'school' 3G pitch is please? Or are you just using the word 'school' for dramatic effect because you have a problem with these surfaces yourself?

All the coverage and promo of the game, plus comments on the quality and speed of play are very positive reading & viewing from what I can make out.

Great move Antrim County Board. Forward thinking group of people.

Uppa saffs

If can't recognise that playing a senior club championship game on a school pitch sums up the infrastructure embarrassment we have in the county, well there is little point in trying, your brain dead mate.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Calm Down on September 12, 2019, 12:30:22 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 12, 2019, 12:20:07 PM

Corrigan is not the answer, get your head out of the notion that Belfast is the centre of the world
:) Belfast is definitely not the centre of the world and especially the Antrim GAA world. PG1, Ahoghill and I think Cargin and Ballymena have flood lit pitches and fair play to them. I think LD's light's are knackered so would be good if a Belfast club could, by whatever means, get lights for the betterment of the games in the county - that's all Calm Down

Na Glinntí Glasa

in truth we really do need more flood lit pitches. its not fair on the clubs like ahoghill whos asked all the time to facilitate games, not just the football but camogie, hurling etc.

if anything they should be commended for the good work they do in organising and running the games rather than looking for negatives to run the county down with all the time.

Belfast badly needs a flood lit pitch, its a no brainer but we can just sit and wait for our county to fund it. it comes from the clubs themselves who, truth be told, can just afford to keep themselves running so flood lights are quite far down the list of needed items.

Weve a set in the pipe line to replace ours we have as they aint up to scratch. but thats down the line, as we have other projects that are further up the list.
hurl like f**k boi!

delgany

And a scoreboard , as well.
I thought the ref managed the game very well!

bannside

Fair play to county PRO Sean Kelly he is really something else...between twitter Instagram facebook etc he is getting some big viewing numbers. Don't think there could be a better person promoting our games, all for no personal gain. I think he's on year 4 of his term and won't be easily replaced when his time is up. Between Sean and the Saffron Gael team we are truly blessed atm in the promotion of Antrim Gaa.

belfastsaff

BS you must be quietly confident about your chances now? a real workman performance last night

paddyjohn

See the highlights up on the FB page also now. Great coverage.

Dunsilly King

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 12, 2019, 02:45:30 PM
See the highlights up on the FB page also now. Great coverage.

Just seen that ,Casemetst really running through them with no runners following them. Great win for them. St John's number 11 could be in a bit of bother after throwing something at the ref and hitting him when he was sent off. 

cfclg

Quote from: bannside on September 12, 2019, 02:28:01 PM
Fair play to county PRO Sean Kelly he is really something else...between twitter Instagram facebook etc he is getting some big viewing numbers. Don't think there could be a better person promoting our games, all for no personal gain. I think he's on year 4 of his term and won't be easily replaced when his time is up. Between Sean and the Saffron Gael team we are truly blessed atm in the promotion of Antrim Gaa.

Completely agree. Fantastic work being done here. We need to bring in the next generation of PRO's now as an understudy to step in and keep it all going.

BrollysArmy

Quote from: cfclg on September 12, 2019, 03:06:06 PM
Quote from: bannside on September 12, 2019, 02:28:01 PM

Completely agree. Fantastic work being done here. We need to bring in the next generation of PRO's now as an understudy to step in and keep it all going.

Agreed 100%, maybe an incentive would be good to keep him there! I'm sure there is only so much 'love for the game' can keep one person going up and down the county