Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Rossfan

So it seems the 2016 Census is a lie now.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

easytiger95

It doesn't. Neither does the amount of registered club players per county.

Idiocy doesn't deserve to be coddled.

You'd both want to cop yourselves on.

priceyreilly

It's one of the funniest defences of the unfair advantages Dublin have and it's one that gets the Dubs in a real muddle.

The population of 1.3 million doesn't count as an advantage they say. That's because the Dubs play loads of other sports, rugby, soccer etc, apparently these sports aren't available to kids outside Dublin! Then they say that the 1.3 million count includes tonnes of foreigners and culchies, apparently foreigners don't live in any other county and culchies always remain in their own counties!

This is where it gets really funny though. After spouting on about how their population isn't an advantage, you ask them about the millions of euro they receive every year off all of us. What's their reply? We need the money because of our huge population!!!  ;D ;D ;D

tonto1888

Quote from: Syferus on September 17, 2018, 01:20:12 AM
Quote from: easytiger95 on September 17, 2018, 12:50:55 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 14, 2018, 07:25:32 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on September 13, 2018, 06:35:36 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 13, 2018, 06:20:47 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on September 13, 2018, 04:47:30 PM
Calls to split Dublin are bullshit and thats from a Mayo supporter.In all honesty who wants to beat Fingal or North Dublin??? Yes Dublin have too many advantages that need to be looked at but splitting Dublin shouldnt be the answer.Having to play their all ireland quarter and semi finals away from croker would be a start IMO.

I want to beat Fingal or South Dublin, y'know actual existing counties in an inter-county sport. That's natural.

Not the rigged game that is fûcking rural counties like Roscommon or Mayo lining up to the take their next flaking from an amalgamation of four counties with a population greater than our province.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_Dublin

We're not an amalgamation, those "counties" were created as administrative areas. In the 90s. Not 1890s. 1990s.

Lot of thicks on the board about Dublin these days. Apparently, pointing that out means you are a financial doper, cheat, one-eyed etc.
I don't quite follow you here.I don't really want to spoil the fun and would prefer to let the pair of you at it. But, looking at the Wikipedia article you referenced, I find Dublin refereed to as a former county.
Furthermore, "Prior to 1994 County Dublin was also an administrative unit covering the whole county outside of Dublin City Council." By my reckoniing there was, in effect two local adminstration units before 1994.
Further on, this is part of what you'll find:
"The total population of the three aforementioned counties and Dublin city was 1,345,402 according to the census of 2016."
All counties were created to simplify the process of facilitating local administration and Dublin was no exception, beginning with those created by Kiing John after the Norman invasion with the western ones, "THe Composition of Connaught," in the late 1500s.
All that's heavy going but the fact is the division of Dublin County into three separate local administration units by the legal authority of the day, makes each of them a county. I mean they were created by the same process that created County Dublin in the first place.
(Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think so.)

Dublin County and Dublin County Football team existed before the creation of these administrative areas. So neither can be considered an amalgamation 4 counties and it is moronic and/or intellectually dishonest to say that they are.

Like I said, a lot of thicks on this thread

They aren't 'administrative areas'. They're counties. This game is inter-county. Getit? Good.

So 32 county Ireland is a lie?

easytiger95

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 17, 2018, 12:35:17 PM
It's one of the funniest defences of the unfair advantages Dublin have and it's one that gets the Dubs in a real muddle.

The population of 1.3 million doesn't count as an advantage they say. That's because the Dubs play loads of other sports, rugby, soccer etc, apparently these sports aren't available to kids outside Dublin! Then they say that the 1.3 million count includes tonnes of foreigners and culchies, apparently foreigners don't live in any other county and culchies always remain in their own counties!

This is where it gets really funny though. After spouting on about how their population isn't an advantage, you ask them about the millions of euro they receive every year off all of us. What's their reply? We need the money because of our huge population!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Now read it back, really carefully, and you will see ... the answer is in your own post.

Like I said, a lot of thicks on this thread.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: easytiger95 on September 17, 2018, 12:50:55 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 14, 2018, 07:25:32 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on September 13, 2018, 06:35:36 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 13, 2018, 06:20:47 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on September 13, 2018, 04:47:30 PM
Calls to split Dublin are bullshit and thats from a Mayo supporter.In all honesty who wants to beat Fingal or North Dublin??? Yes Dublin have too many advantages that need to be looked at but splitting Dublin shouldnt be the answer.Having to play their all ireland quarter and semi finals away from croker would be a start IMO.

I want to beat Fingal or South Dublin, y'know actual existing counties in an inter-county sport. That's natural.

Not the rigged game that is fûcking rural counties like Roscommon or Mayo lining up to the take their next flaking from an amalgamation of four counties with a population greater than our province.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_Dublin

We're not an amalgamation, those "counties" were created as administrative areas. In the 90s. Not 1890s. 1990s.

Lot of thicks on the board about Dublin these days. Apparently, pointing that out means you are a financial doper, cheat, one-eyed etc.
I don't quite follow you here.I don't really want to spoil the fun and would prefer to let the pair of you at it. But, looking at the Wikipedia article you referenced, I find Dublin refereed to as a former county.
Furthermore, "Prior to 1994 County Dublin was also an administrative unit covering the whole county outside of Dublin City Council." By my reckoniing there was, in effect two local adminstration units before 1994.
Further on, this is part of what you'll find:
"The total population of the three aforementioned counties and Dublin city was 1,345,402 according to the census of 2016."
All counties were created to simplify the process of facilitating local administration and Dublin was no exception, beginning with those created by Kiing John after the Norman invasion with the western ones, "THe Composition of Connaught," in the late 1500s.
All that's heavy going but the fact is the division of Dublin County into three separate local administration units by the legal authority of the day, makes each of them a county. I mean they were created by the same process that created County Dublin in the first place.
(Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think so.)

Dublin County and Dublin County Football team existed before the creation of these administrative areas. So neither can be considered an amalgamation 4 counties and it is moronic and/or intellectually dishonest to say that they are.

Like I said, a lot of thicks on this thread
There sure are a lot of thickos on this board and by any reasonable criterion, you are best qualified to act as grand marshal if they were ever to parade their ignorance.

You referenced a Wikipedia article which begins with the following sentence:
"County Dublin (Irish: Contae Bhaile Átha Cliath or Contae Átha Cliath) is a former county in Ireland."
Why refer to an article from anywhere if you choose to ignore the opening statement?
Sarcasm, it is said, is the lowest form of wit and when you mix in a big dollop of wilful ignorance, you get a pretty toxic combination.
Over a period of time, Ireland was shired or divided into counties for local administration purposes and Dublin was no exception. In 1994, Dublin was further subdivided with Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, Fingal and South Dublin, constituted as local government units. Unless you choose to defy the authority of Oireachtas na h-Eireann, they are therefore counties.
In case this hasn't sunk in yet, you could read another sentence from the Wikipedia article. Here it is, in case you can't find it:
"In 1994 Dublin County Council was abolished and replaced with three separate county councils: Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, Fingal and South Dublin."
All that should be clear to anyone whose first language is English but, just in case you are not one of those, the following excerpt may drive the point home that you are spouting nonsense. "The total population of the three aforementioned counties and Dublin city was 1,345,402 according to the census of 2016."

Like you say there are a lot of thicks on the board and you sure are best qualified to state this.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

easytiger95

What is the answer to the question - how many counties are there in Ireland?

What is the answer to the question - how many county councils and administrative areas are there in Ireland?

This is arithmetic for slow learners.

As for my original post, I pointed out the meaning of the word "amalgamation". You obviously missed that.

Not to labour the point, but you are now arguing that there is more than 32 counties in Ireland, and that Dublin county and football team is an amalgamation of four existing counties.

Like I said, a lot of thicks on this board.

easytiger95

"In 1994, Dublin was further subdivided with Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, Fingal and South Dublin, constituted as local government units."

You lads are making an absolute show of yourselves.

Hound

Dublin will never be split unless and until we start winning hurling All Irelands too. The traditional hurling counties wouldn't put up with a hurling 4-in-a-row, unlike the football counties, who are much more sporting and gracious!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: easytiger95 on September 17, 2018, 01:40:04 PM
"In 1994, Dublin was further subdivided with Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, Fingal and South Dublin, constituted as local government units."

You still don't get the message.
Counties are local government units.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

priceyreilly

Quote from: easytiger95 on September 17, 2018, 12:54:59 PM
Quote from: priceyreilly on September 17, 2018, 12:35:17 PM

Now read it back, really carefully, and you will see ... the answer is in your own post.

Like I said, a lot of thicks on this thread.

;D This one is just going around abusing everyone. The answer to what? You're bamboozling yourself!

priceyreilly

We've come to the stage where discussing this with Dubs is completely pointless. We have to take it out of their hands. Let's make sure our county boards are pushing this at congress and in communication with HQ. The farce has gone on for too long. Dublin must be split or our games are going to ruin!

The Hill is Blue

Don't feed the trolls. Dublin-hating has been a way of life since Kevin Heffernan was a boy. Let them stew in their own bile.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

priceyreilly

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 17, 2018, 03:26:13 PM

Don't feed the trolls. Dublin-hating has been a way of life since Kevin Heffernan was a boy. Let them stew in their own bile.

;D Dub hating? You get millions of euro off all of us, we've bought you 6 All Ireland's in 8 years and 54 titles in total since 2005. Where's the hate in that? Show us some gratitude!!

easytiger95

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 17, 2018, 02:25:52 PM

You still don't get the message.
Counties are local government units.

Good jaysis.

In the Republic of Ireland there are
26 County Councils
3 City Councils
2 City and County Councils

Which adds up to 31 LAUs (Local Authority Units) for 26 Counties.

I look forward to the case you make for splitting Galway and Cork based on their local government arrangements.

This is really embarrassing stuff lads.

There are issues for Dublin and the other 31 (that's 31 counties folks) with regard to fair funding (and what counties should be doing with that funding). But the reason Dubs fans aren't engaging with you is not because of your devastating rhetoric, but because ye constantly, constantly, undermine yourselves with transparent lies and ignorance. 31 counties in the Republic! Lord jaysis.

As I said earlier, idiocy does not deserve to be coddled.