Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 04, 2021, 10:20:51 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 10:16:12 AM
Jesus lad, you can't say Dublin players get better opportunities in work when the Tyrone county does it also!!

Its wrong if its happening whether its one or 6 ffs!

Leave this subject alone as Tyrone are not squeaky clean also.

On top of that you have no real evidence that these guys are actively doing nothing in the roles they have.. How they get them is not an issue... Thousands of people get jobs that way up and down the country.. Not what you know, its who you know

I absolutely can.

Most counties will have a few players sorted out with a decent number.

Dublin can sort a whole panel out this way because of the economy in Dublin.

As usual, you are there licking the hole of Dublin GAA like the good little lapdog you are.

They are a professional outlet competing in an amateur game.

You're saying its ok for 1 player, but If we look a bit harder I'm sure we could dig out a few more over the years that got handy ones, or schools that took on county players over other applicants.

Wind your neck in, this happens and happens even in the worst counties in Ireland .. You still haven't shown any evidence of them sitting on their hole getting paid for nothing, when you do that, I'll listen, its all in your warped head.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TheGreatest

Still my favorite thread on here.. makes it all that sweeter.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 10:25:48 AM
Jesus lad, you can't say Dublin players get better opportunities in work when the Tyrone county does it also!!

On top of that you have no real evidence that these guys are actively doing nothing in the roles they have.. How they get them is not an issue... Thousands of people get jobs that way up and down the country.. Not what you know, its who you know

I absolutely can.

As usual, you are there licking the hole of Dublin GAA like the good little lapdog you are.

You're saying its ok for 1 player, but If we look a bit harder I'm sure we could dig out a few more over the years that got handy ones, or schools that took on county players over other applicants.

Wind your neck in, this happens and happens even in the worst counties in Ireland .. You still haven't shown any evidence of them sitting on their hole getting paid for nothing, when you do that, I'll listen, its all in your warped head.

Did I say it was ok? No.

What I did say there is a huge difference for counties who do it but can only do so for a handful of players and counties who can supply their whole county panel with ambassadorial jobs and sponsored cars if they so wish. Tyrone have players working in real jobs and commuting from Belfast and Dublin

Dublin don't have those issues, their players will get a nice cushy ambassadorial job where their commitments to Dublin GAA will take precedent over any work commitment from one of the billion euro corporate partners of Dublin GAA.

This allows them to work harder in the gym as Bernard Brogan credits to their success.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

So they are working? For a minute I thought you said they were getting paid for nothing, phew!

Teachers have a cushy number by what most of the posters on here think, off all summer and so on... How many teachers on the Tyrone team?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 10:37:29 AM
So they are working? For a minute I thought you said they were getting paid for nothing, phew!

Teachers have a cushy number by what most of the posters on here think, off all summer and so on... How many teachers on the Tyrone team?

Plenty of teachers on the Tyrone team (I'd put at estimate of about 10) but the difference is that applies to all teachers,  that's the industry norm - doesn't matter if you are 51 year old Brenda from Sion Mills or the star of the Tyrone team. There's a reason an awful lot of GAA players take the teaching route.

The difference is when Dublin have large corporations sponsoring ambassadorial jobs that allow their players train as full time athletes, Dublin can sort their players out in this manner (along with a sponsored car from Subaru). Doesn't work like that for other counties like I've already outlined. Tyrone have plenty of players working outside the county at present, Dublin have plenty of players sorted out with ambassadorial roles that effectively allow them train as professional athletes.

reillycavan

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 04, 2021, 01:03:59 AM
Quote from: reillycavan on January 04, 2021, 12:32:50 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 03, 2021, 10:12:17 PM
How's Cathal McShane getting on his job that he turned down Australia for? Working hard I hope. I'm sure the fact he was a Tyrone footballer and the interest from Aussie Rules clubs had no relevance to him being offered the position and it was just a coincidence.

Do you know if anyone else applied for the role or if it was advertised?

My son in law played a bit of soccer with Dungannon Swifts and Neil Morgan turned down a lucrative contract with them to play for Tyrone.

What would your Son in law be on a week? £200? if even that?

800 sterling

Angelo

Quote from: reillycavan on January 04, 2021, 10:54:46 AM
How's Cathal McShane getting on his job that he turned down Australia for? Working hard I hope. I'm sure the fact he was a Tyrone footballer and the interest from Aussie Rules clubs had no relevance to him being offered the position and it was just a coincidence.

My son in law played a bit of soccer with Dungannon Swifts and Neil Morgan turned down a lucrative contract with them to play for Tyrone.

800 sterling

I've played semi-pro football in the Irish league and you are talking through your hoop.

Taylor

Quote from: reillycavan on January 04, 2021, 10:54:46 AM

800 sterling

;D ;D

I would be questioning the figures your son in law is telling you.

So he is on £3200 a month with Dungannon?

dublin7

I absolutely can.

Do you have any real evidence or is "the optics" as you like to say? You claim big Pharma and their CEOs are making an unsafe vaccine without any proof. This is just the same innuendo and conspiracy theory nonsense

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on January 04, 2021, 11:42:32 AM

I absolutely can.

Do you have any real evidence or is "the optics" as you like to say? You claim big Pharma and their CEOs are making an unsafe vaccine without any proof. This is just the same innuendo and conspiracy theory nonsense

Once again you are incapable of dealing with the truth. You have decide to deflect from Dublin GAA and their shady dealings with large corporations to Big Pharma so I will clear this matter up first and foremost.

I have never accused Big Pharma of making an unsafe drug, nobody knows whether that is the case or that is not the case. I have stated facts around the vaccine and how the optics of it look very bad.

We look at culture and we look at precedent and there is a culture and there is a precedent that Big Pharma are happy for unsafe drugs to go to market and are happy to bribe and solicit medical professionals and regulatory bodies to bring them to market. That is not innuendo, nor is it conspiracy - these are proven facts and we have seen the fines that Big Pharma companies like Pfizer and others have had to pay for giving kickbacks to doctors and medical professionals to promote drugs that are unsafe, market drugs not approved approved by regulatory bodies, giving kickbacks and inducements to people who sit on regulatory approval board. That is fact, not innuendo, not conspiracy.

The fact that you want to ignore precedent, ignore culture, ignore facts and not take any caution of these companies and their agendas is your choice but you seem to be a very fickle, naive sort if you do.

And the same applies for Dublin GAA, you don't want to countenance facts, precedent and culture into the equation at all - all you can do is deny and deflect because the truth is an inconvenience to you.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: TheGreatest on January 04, 2021, 10:26:42 AM
Mine too because I am fascinated by the pointlessness of it all.
Otherwise perfectly sensible posters can spend hours bickering over irrelevancies while the real crux of the matter is left largely unnoticed.
Dublin, is by a great distance, the best team in the land. I think that has to be acknowledged by all sides of the dispute.
How it got there is not that important but the fact that no other team is on the same level certainly is. IT seems the great majority of Dublin people are bored with Stephen Cluxton's annual trip up the steps and deliver his usual cúpla focail. AFAIK, not one extra banner waving in the wind from Balbriggan to Carrickmines.
Eoin Murchan's visit to Temple Street hospital was trhe only event that got decent coverage in the national media.
Do you seriously think that the whole exercise in futility gained Dublin one extra fan?
You lads who imagine that the good times are here to stay remind me of George Washington.
The storey goes tat young George was told to saw off an overhanging branch of a tree.
The day was hot and George was lazy so he got the bright idea to sit on the branch while cutting it.
Unfortunately for him, he sat on the outer side of the cut and wound up in the Potomac river.
I think there a moral there for you Dublin diehards. You can smirk away but you don't see what's coming down the line..
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

This is my favourite thread as well. Being a Dublin fan makes it so much more enjoyable. Watching Dublin win Leinsters and now All Irelands where the emotion has been drained out of wins is so funny. Lead up to games, anticipation, analysis are all hyped. All these media outlets trying to make something out of what is really nothing anymore. There is no real joy in victory, there is no major disappointment in defeat. There is nothing to analyse before or after the games. It's hard for all involved to pretend that an All Ireland football Championship exists.

The funniest part is all these media analysis's petrified to say anything.  Most are on the gravy train and don't want to upset their (majority) readership, employers or sponsors. It's a constant of walking on egg-shells.

For Dublin it has become all about numbers - 7 in a row, 8 All Ireland medals, 8 in ten years. The individual AI wins have become so underwhelming, other ways of cathegorising them has to be clung to.

TheGreatest

2 replies above from Mayo gentlemen  :-\ . I understand it must be hard for you and for the country as even before 2011, there was always and always will be an underlying loathing of all things Dublin, especially GAA, and that's fine, its good rivalry, city slicker Jackeens Vrs spud walloping culchies etc. I understand it hurts people that Dublin win and with success comes great responsibility . .

Its not for Dublin fans to say anything or feel sorry for you,  like so many of you point out, i just want the Dublin fans to admit this, or that. . .  that is never going to happen, never, so the tune needs to change on that front gents, we are happy at the top of the pile and if it goes 10/11 in a row so be it. Then there is the belittlement of achievements and personal abuse of players etc etc that i wont go into.

There is also a lot of hypocrisy out there too, lads supporting Celtic going 9 in a row or whatever it is, not a word about poor St Mirren or Hearts and gap. Or Crossmaglen football men saying the Dubs winning is bad for the game.

I think the bigger problem here is, that only 5 counties have won it since 2003, when some say football began and lets be honest here, Cork won a handy fluky one in 2010. within that time, Mayo played in 3 finals that were not against the Dubs...

Only time will tell on Dublin, i will only worry when it reaches 15 in a row, but i know it wont, it could go 7 or 8 no problem, but youll just have to deal with that.

dublin7

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 04, 2021, 12:18:36 PM
Otherwise perfectly sensible posters can spend hours bickering over irrelevancies while the real crux of the matter is left largely unnoticed.
Dublin, is by a great distance, the best team in the land. I think that has to be acknowledged by all sides of the dispute.
How it got there is not that important but the fact that no other team is on the same level certainly is. IT seems the great majority of Dublin people are bored with Stephen Cluxton's annual trip up the steps and deliver his usual cúpla focail. AFAIK, not one extra banner waving in the wind from Balbriggan to Carrickmines.
Eoin Murchan's visit to Temple Street hospital was trhe only event that got decent coverage in the national media.
Do you seriously think that the whole exercise in futility gained Dublin one extra fan?
You lads who imagine that the good times are here to stay remind me of George Washington.
The storey goes tat young George was told to saw off an overhanging branch of a tree.
The day was hot and George was lazy so he got the bright idea to sit on the branch while cutting it.
Unfortunately for him, he sat on the outer side of the cut and wound up in the Potomac river.
I think there a moral there for you Dublin diehards. You can smirk away but you don't see what's coming down the line..

You could have just said you've no evidence to back your dublin are professional claims.

Eoin Murchan visiting sick kids was nothing to do with working on Dublin's PR image or trying to garner extra fans. It was simply about trying to brighten the day for sick kids and their families and maybe let them forget about their worries for a short time. Dublin have been doing this for years under Jim Gavin. You really have a sick and twisted mind

TheGreatest

Quote from: dublin7 on January 04, 2021, 03:26:32 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 04, 2021, 12:18:36 PM

You could have just said you've no evidence to back your dublin are professional claims.

Eoin Murchan visiting sick kids was nothing to do with working on Dublin's PR image or trying to garner extra fans. It was simply about trying to brighten the day for sick kids and their families and maybe let them forget about their worries for a short time. Dublin have been doing this for years under Jim Gavin. You really have a sick and twisted mind

Its quite frightening what people think of these players, i wonder was the same said about Cork lady footballers after their 6th in a row visiting the children's hospital. That's just good PR  was it...  there are underlying issues out there with these people that must not only be related to GAA, but to Dublin people in general.

Statements like these is why there will be no reconciliation.