Eighth Amendment poll

Started by Farrandeelin, May 01, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favour of repealing the 8th amendment?

Yes
47 (21.8%)
Yes but have no vote
73 (33.8%)
No
40 (18.5%)
No but have no vote
36 (16.7%)
Undecided
20 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 216

Voting closed: May 24, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

BennyCake

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2018, 03:01:21 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 26, 2018, 02:55:46 PM
The DUP aren't the only ones to oppose such issues. Lots from both sides of the community does too. So, it's pretty childish to lump a gaa board poster in with the DUP, just because they oppose the abortion referendum.

He didn't just oppose the referendum result. Not like you to get something wrong, though.

I wasn't addressing any post in particular. If I was, I'd have included a quote in my post.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: The_geezer on May 26, 2018, 01:13:26 PM
Let's throw an abortion party! Said no one ever! I despair at the 'let's be more like the UK' attitude of people from the South, #racetothebottom. The floodgates are now open
The laws in the republic on abortion will not be the same as the UK

Syferus

Quote from: BennyCake on May 26, 2018, 03:04:58 PM
The DUP aren't the only ones to oppose such issues. Lots from both sides of the community does too. So, it's pretty childish to lump a gaa board poster in with the DUP, just because they oppose the abortion referendum.

He didn't just oppose the referendum result. Not like you to get something wrong, though.

I wasn't addressing any post in particular. If I was, I'd have included a quote in my post.

So you weren't referring to the poster who was compared to the DUP. Riiiight.

BennyCake

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2018, 03:18:37 PM

If you care to look back over the last couple of pages, you will find that it was sid who brought up the DUP first.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyCake on May 26, 2018, 03:30:22 PM

If you care to look back over the last couple of pages, you will find that it was sid who brought up the DUP first.

Please stop digging.

Baile an tuaigh

Irish people will be in the minority in their own Country by 2050. This knew law will just speed things up. As someone who is from the North and for the first time ever I've said this, I hope we never have a United Ireland.

BennyCake

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2018, 03:41:11 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 26, 2018, 03:30:22 PM

Please stop digging.

Yes, clever argument.

How about responding to my original point?

Dolph1

If you voted yes watch this video and honestly tell me afterwards that you're proud of your decision.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/9768/ben-shapiro-destroys-abortion-argument-no-more-amanda-prestigiacomo

No more hiding behind euphemisms - it is murder of another life. That's what the yes camp will be celebrating today.

Ireland was a place that once had a conscience and a moral compass. Not any more.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Dolph1

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on May 26, 2018, 04:05:44 PM
Irish people will be in the minority in their own Country by 2050. This knew law will just speed things up. As someone who is from the North and for the first time ever I've said this, I hope we never have a United Ireland.

My father was told by a Fianna Fail politician recently that Ireland needs another 3-4 million people "to make it prosper"

We've just introduced abortion to cull numbers of irish citizens.

Join the dots.

Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

seafoid

Is abortion enough to get you singing GSTQ or is it a pox on both their houses ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

The rut of troll/twát accounts appearing in this thread after Ireland chose compassion over dogma is something to behold. GAABoard never fails to let itself down.

longballin

Quote from: Dolph1 on May 26, 2018, 04:15:36 PM
If you voted yes watch this video and honestly tell me afterwards that you're proud of your decision.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/9768/ben-shapiro-destroys-abortion-argument-no-more-amanda-prestigiacomo

No more hiding behind euphemisms - it is murder of another life. That's what the yes camp will be celebrating today.

Ireland was a place that once had a conscience and a moral compass. Not any more.

A moral compass taking babies off their mothers to sell to rich Americans or throwing them into a pit in Tuam, raping children and  still covering it up. Treating women as underclass. No more Savitas. Your Ireland is over.

AZOffaly

An emphatic result. I voted No, but it was a very difficult decision. Even though 'my side' lost, and lost comprehensively, I am happy for women who find themselves in horrible situations, and will now be able to avail of terminations.

I'm not comfortable at all with with proposed legislation about the 12 weeks, but I suppose the people have spoken, and even if I don't like it, that's what democracy is. I love my country, and the vast majority of her people,  and I am proud of the high turnout, and of the stories of people coming home to vote for something they really believe in.

In my conscience, I voted that preserving the flawed status quo was better than elective abortions. I, and my conscience, are in a significant minority on this, c'est la vie. It's not the end of the world. People are generally good, and women are generally kind and compassionate. I know anyone who makes this horrendous choice will not do so lightly, despite some of the more hysterical elements of the No Campaign. Even though I'm uncomfortable with elements of the proposed law, all in all I am happy that democracy has spoken, and thank God we have the chance to do so.

manfromdelmonte

Great, if it means less people like yourself

sid waddell

Let me guess, mate.

"White genocide", or something?  ;D