Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: Gaffer on October 31, 2016, 11:39:33 AM
Quote from: screenexile on October 31, 2016, 10:53:03 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on October 31, 2016, 10:46:53 AM
Quote from: screenexile on October 31, 2016, 09:10:35 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on October 31, 2016, 08:14:59 AM
So you were guessing? As I said before you stated it as a fact
You have no entitlement to speak on behalf of the Tyrone players unless mandated to do so.
You have no idea of how many Tyrone players go to Mass or not.
It was a daft assertion to make.

What???

Saying 5 decades of the Rosary before a match is daft and mind boggling when you consider the teams Harte has put out that dive/sledge etc. He still fails to eradicate the nonsense from his teams and has yet to forgive RTE for their mistake even after they apologised... Not very Christian behaviour!

Who are you to announce that Trone players don't go to Mass?

I didn't say they don't... I'm wondering why you're talking about mandates on an internet discussion board!! There is a good chance a lot of them don't go to mass which is fair enough they probably go along with the rosary thing to not look out of place as well which is no big deal either.

It doesn't mean it's not strange or hypocritical when Harte's teams have a history of cheating but that''s old ground and no point covering it again.

Speak to any Club/County footballer and ask if anywhere else in Ireland or around the world they say even one decade of the Rosary before a match and I'd be amazed if you'd find 5 teams if even that. Only you Tyronie's are the ones saying it's not downright strange!!!

Was addressing Kenny there. He has no right to come on here and make a statement  that most Tyrone players don't go to mass until he got the go ahead from them to do so which I sure he didn't hence mandate. It's like me saying that you and your friends don't go to mass.

Sorry for saying that the tyrone players don't go to mass. I hope you don't go and tell their mammies.

JoG2

Quote from: lenny on October 31, 2016, 11:40:07 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on October 31, 2016, 11:35:01 AM
You have no entitlement to speak on behalf of the Tyrone players unless mandated to do so.

What???

Saying 5 decades of the Rosary before a match is daft and mind boggling when you consider the teams Harte has put out that dive/sledge etc. He still fails to eradicate the nonsense from his teams and has yet to forgive RTE for their mistake even after they apologised... Not very Christian behaviour!

I didn't say they don't... I'm wondering why you're talking about mandates on an internet discussion board!! There is a good chance a lot of them don't go to mass which is fair enough they probably go along with the rosary thing to not look out of place as well which is no big deal either.

It doesn't mean it's not strange or hypocritical when Harte's teams have a history of cheating but that''s old ground and no point covering it again.

Speak to any Club/County footballer and ask if anywhere else in Ireland or around the world they say even one decade of the Rosary before a match and I'd be amazed if you'd find 5 teams if even that. Only you Tyronie's are the ones saying it's not downright strange!!!

Armagh's symbol, Donegals circle of trust (or whatever it is) Dublin's little blue book, lads not shaving, Romanian players dying their hair during a world cup, lads going off the drink - the list of strange, weird and wonderful things that teams do to form bonds and strengthen unity before games and during championships is endless. I know Mickey is a very avid reader of management techniques from sports around the world, especially American sports where saying prayers before a game, collectively as a team, is very common. Focusing the mind before a big game is very important and if the management team think that saying prayers enables the team to do that then players generally buy into it and get on with it. After 13 years Mickey needs to try different things to keep his message fresh and I'm sure there's things that he has tried which haven't worked and things that he has tried that has worked.

Saying a prayer is one thing, 5 decades of the rosary is way OTT.

serious question's, how long would 5 decades of the rosary take and do you need to be holding beads?

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on October 31, 2016, 11:40:07 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on October 31, 2016, 11:35:01 AM

What???

Armagh's symbol, Donegals circle of trust (or whatever it is) Dublin's little blue book, lads not shaving, Romanian players dying their hair during a world cup, lads going off the drink - the list of strange, weird and wonderful things that teams do to form bonds and strengthen unity before games and during championships is endless. I know Mickey is a very avid reader of management techniques from sports around the world, especially American sports where saying prayers before a game, collectively as a team, is very common. Focusing the mind before a big game is very important and if the management team think that saying prayers enables the team to do that then players generally buy into it and get on with it. After 13 years Mickey needs to try different things to keep his message fresh and I'm sure there's things that he has tried which haven't worked and things that he has tried that has worked.

Saying a prayer is one thing, 5 decades of the rosary is way OTT.

Its not something I'd be getting too worked up about but I'll go with Mickey's experience on what is best for a team over your limited knowledge, Lenny!
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Quote from: Gaffer on October 31, 2016, 11:39:33 AM

What???

Was addressing Kenny there. He has no right to come on here and make a statement  that most Tyrone players don't go to mass until he got the go ahead from them to do so which I sure he didn't hence mandate. It's like me saying that you and your friends don't go to mass.

You wouldn't be a million miles away!!

quit yo jibbajabba

Some quality in this thread; keep it up lads!!

While im here, I might be helping out some underage teams in the next year or two; whats the recommended Rosary levels for say under8's? Start with one decade and then add one per year?  Jesus, Minors will be some craic;

sorry for the blaspheme; Cathal/Mickey forgive me

ONeill

What if Colm Cavanagh is a Muslim? He'll feel a bit of an outsider.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

quit yo jibbajabba

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Tony Baloney

O'Neill seems to be the only Tyrone fan (possibly ever!) to have even an ounce of subjectivity. Every other Tyrone tool on here thinks even the slightest criticism of Tyrone is something to be defended.

PW Nally

Before the dog fighting would you go for a quick decade or 2 or would grace before meals be more appropriate?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 31, 2016, 01:44:15 PM
O'Neill seems to be the only Tyrone fan (possibly ever!) to have even an ounce of subjectivity. Every other Tyrone tool on here thinks even the slightest criticism of Tyrone is something to be defended.

What the f**k do you mean by that?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gaffer

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 31, 2016, 02:50:09 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 31, 2016, 01:44:15 PM

What the f**k do you mean by that?

Ignore him. His wife's a teacher so he thinks he knows it all about the job. That's what you are dealing with.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

seafoid

Nicola Kelly was one of the best counsellors in Cuan Mhuire and had become a close friend. Her husband, Joe, was a huge supporter of the Athy senior team and was keen for him to get involved. "You'll be fine Cathal," he said. "It's all good GAA people here. You're in among your own."

He was so lost

It reminded me of Padraig O Conaire's story Nora Mharcais Bhig