The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Clinton is rotten. The US will soon be as incoherent as the UK. The 2 countries that implemented Thatcherism in full are now trina cheile.

A few good comments from the FT

Nicki 43 minutes ago
It says a lot about the US that they have two candidates from whom the other side cannot accept defeat.  It is two countries.  Making America great again is an impossible task.

'postmodern-fox 2 hours ago
The DNC is ultimately at fault for pushing this nomination. It was obviously out of touch from the start. A total misread of the zeitgeist.

TheMule61 3 hours ago
Warning: This is not an endorsement of Trump.

Ultimately, the common thread in all of Hillary's problems her entire political career is that she feels she doesn't have to follow the same rules and laws that she herself uses to destroy her rivals.  She's broken too many rules.  Thrown too many people under the bus.  Told too many lies.  And made too many enemies.  Sooner or later, everyone will abandon the Clintons whether she wins the presidency or not.  She's just a bad seed.

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 30, 2016, 12:27:22 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 30, 2016, 12:04:20 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 30, 2016, 12:00:56 PM
Human Abedin

Cheers.

And also to clarify, the FBI don't know what is in her emails, as they haven't yet received authority from the Justice Department to look at them (as Abedin is not under investigation so no 'probable cause') and they definitely haven't a clue if there is anything to do with Hillary's emails in them.

Do you disagree with any of that?

To the contrary....this actually could widen the scope of the investigation

"Probable cause" for reading them is the fact that Huma lied under the penalty of perjury that she returned all devices containing work email.

It is also possible (and likely) that the Feds have now discovered previously undisclosed email accounts Huma used to conduct work email.......that could be a HUGE problem for them

But none of your theory matches what is being said, albeit 'by sources' close to the investigation.

Firstly, even your theory doesn't include Hillary.

Secondly, the rumour is that Huma's laptop contained emails from her personal Yahoo account.

Thirdly, it appears she sent emails to that account as for some reason she couldn't print stuff from her work account.

Finally it may be the case, it remains to be seen, that all of those emails were previously realised and thus already examined.

There may be an issue that her husband might have accessed her laptop and that from there he had access to her Yahoo account. If they can prove that he did that, and that he accessed her Yahoo address, and that while there he read classified material, then there may be an issue. Particularly for him.

But why is Trump using the above to call Hillary the most corrupt person in the history of the USA? This doesn't even come close to the 12 real women making allegations against Trump, something the FBI appears to have no interest in.
MWWSI 2017

FL/MAYO

Anthony Weiner is the gift that keeps on giving for the Trump campaign. I had to laugh on Friday when Trump called him a "Perv", you know you're pretty perverted when even Donald Trump can recognize it.

whitey

Quote from: muppet on October 30, 2016, 11:05:33 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 30, 2016, 12:27:22 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 30, 2016, 12:04:20 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 30, 2016, 12:00:56 PM
Human Abedin

Cheers.

And also to clarify, the FBI don't know what is in her emails, as they haven't yet received authority from the Justice Department to look at them (as Abedin is not under investigation so no 'probable cause') and they definitely haven't a clue if there is anything to do with Hillary's emails in them.

Do you disagree with any of that?

To the contrary....this actually could widen the scope of the investigation

"Probable cause" for reading them is the fact that Huma lied under the penalty of perjury that she returned all devices containing work email.

It is also possible (and likely) that the Feds have now discovered previously undisclosed email accounts Huma used to conduct work email.......that could be a HUGE problem for them

But none of your theory matches what is being said, albeit 'by sources' close to the investigation.

Firstly, even your theory doesn't include Hillary.

Secondly, the rumour is that Huma's laptop contained emails from her personal Yahoo account.

Thirdly, it appears she sent emails to that account as for some reason she couldn't print stuff from her work account.

Finally it may be the case, it remains to be seen, that all of those emails were previously realised and thus already examined.

There may be an issue that her husband might have accessed her laptop and that from there he had access to her Yahoo account. If they can prove that he did that, and that he accessed her Yahoo address, and that while there he read classified material, then there may be an issue. Particularly for him.

But why is Trump using the above to call Hillary the most corrupt person in the history of the USA? This doesn't even come close to the 12 real women making allegations against Trump, something the FBI appears to have no interest in.

The warrants have just been issued for the FBI to start going through the 650,000 emails (both Huma and Weiners going back over a decade) so time will tell what, if anything of relevance is in there.  Obviously, someone, somehere found "probable cause" to issue the warrant

My guess (and its just that) is that some of Hillarys 30,000 deleted "personal" emails will be uncovered in this part of the probe, and (again Im guessing) if any of these emails are deemed NOT to be "personal" a whole torrent of $hit will descend upon Hillary.

Huma testified under oath that she had turned in all devices.......but somehow she didnt know her emails were on this one.....which (completely giving her the benefit of the doubt) tells me that she had some seldom used account which she occasionally used to print stuff up....the question is (and again Im guessing) did iHillary email her on this seldom used personal a/c and were these emails turned over or were they deleted.

Either way....this is a huge problem for them

maigheo

Whitey, get out of the Fox echo chamber while you can. People will take you more seriously if you do.

whitey

Quote from: maigheo on October 30, 2016, 11:32:47 PM
Whitey, get out of the Fox echo chamber while you can. People will take you more seriously if you do.

I made a prediction last week about something huge breaking before the election and you guys laughed at me.......keep laughing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/30/post-abc-poll-finds-tight-presidential-race-with-mixed-reaction-to-fbis-review-of-clinton-e-mails/

" Just more than 6 in 10 voters say the news will make no difference in their vote, while just more than 3 in 10 say it makes them less likely to support her; 2 percent say they are more likely to back her as a result."

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 30, 2016, 11:36:27 PM
Quote from: maigheo on October 30, 2016, 11:32:47 PM

I made a prediction last week about something huge breaking before the election and you guys laughed at me.......keep laughing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/30/post-abc-poll-finds-tight-presidential-race-with-mixed-reaction-to-fbis-review-of-clinton-e-mails/

" Just more than 6 in 10 voters say the news will make no difference in their vote, while just more than 3 in 10 say it makes them less likely to support her; 2 percent say they are more likely to back her as a result."

Who was laughing at you?

People were questioning the O'Keefe video shite you were making a big deal out of. We were pointing out that none of the emails to that point were particularly damaging.

How many of those 3/10 are part of the 40-odd% voting for Trump anyway?

I see Harry Reid tonight asking the FBI to comment on their Trump-Russia investigation.

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on October 30, 2016, 11:26:10 PM
(completely giving her the benefit of the doubt) tells me that she had some seldom used account which she occasionally used to print stuff up....the question is (and again Im guessing) did iHillary email her on this seldom used personal a/c and were these emails turned over or were they deleted.

Whitey,
I agree with you definitely not great news for the Clinton campaign.

Additionally, it looks like Comey broke the law illegal how the FBI went against DOJ explicit advice despite having the "evidence" for a few weeks and not being allowed to impact an election within 60 days of the vote. Hatch law is pretty clear.

Not sure what you are talking about on the seldom used account theory above - what are you saying she did?

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on October 31, 2016, 12:06:34 AM
(completely giving her the benefit of the doubt) tells me that she had some seldom used account which she occasionally used to print stuff up....the question is (and again Im guessing) did iHillary email her on this seldom used personal a/c and were these emails turned over or were they deleted.

Whitey,

Additionally, it looks like Comey broke the law illegal how the FBI went against DOJ explicit advice despite having the "evidence" for a few weeks and not being allowed to impact an election within 60 days of the vote. Hatch law is pretty clear.

Not sure what you are talking about on the seldom used account theory above - what are you saying she did?

Justice dept could have expressley prohibited Comey from going public, but didnt.....Why? 

IMHO....and this is a "discussion" board where one offers opinions....Loretta Lynchs credibility and the integrity of the Hillary Email Investigation were seriously comprimised by her private meeting with Bill Clinton at Phoenix Airport.  If she prevented Comey from going public and this all came out after the election, I shudder to think how people (Trumps supporters) would react.

I read somewhere that the Hatch Law doesnt apply in this case.....reasoning went something along the lines of that since Comey had testified under oath on this matter before congress, and material information had since surfaced that contradicted that sworn testimony.....he is then legally obligated to disclosse this new information. (Why the FBI sat on it for weeks I have no idea)

Re the personal email....How does Huma not know that these emails are on her husbands laptop?

One theory is that she lied under oath......but Ill give her the benefit of the doubt in this case

Another theory is that she had a personal email address that she occasionally used to print up emails for Hillary and forgot that she at some point accessed it (at least once) from this laptop......but it was somehow archived on here (it can happen very easily...it happened me)    This would not have been her main email account she used for work....it may be some previously undisclosed personal email account.....that she used for other purposed.

Now due to this misstep by HUma, ALL emails related to this account, both incoming and outgoing are possibly "discoverable"....and rightly so in my opinion.

Will any of Hillarys 30000 deleted "personal" emails be found in this search?

And if they are discovered on here, will there be any "non personal" emails?

If there are, or any other questionable content......then theyre fvcked

heganboy

To be quite frank, the law expressly forbids Comey from going public, the DOJ's advice was heed the law.

agree with you on the Clinton airplane meeting at best stupid, medium very very suspicious and worst case collaboration

Supreme court has upheld Hatch twice, i can't see any case law or examples of an exemption.

ref the emails, don't know if they have been cached/ stored.

anything after that in your post is complete and utter speculation on your part.

As I've said before, if there was a smoking gun I believe the GOP would know, and I know that wikileaks would have already published it to get the maximum effect, which is why I think that Comey will face the music.

whitey

Comey is a former White House ethics Lawyer and I assume he also consulted with the FBIs Senior Counsel before proceeding with Fridays release, so I doubt he made the move without serious legal consultations.  He obviously felt confident enough to proceed with the release....only time will tell

Seemingly the DOJ could have legally prevented him from going public but didnt. 

heganboy

I do see the case that says that if the FBI did not let congress know it had the emails that would be interfering in the election by doing nothing.

However to send the letter in the first place, without having read the emails or ascertained contents is definitely interfering as prohibited by the act. Nor do they re-open the investigation despite it being portrayed as such. And while you can be damn sure that he sought legal advice, the question is was it good advice, and did he follow it?

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on October 31, 2016, 01:38:59 AM
I do see the case that says that if the FBI did not let congress know it had the emails that would be interfering in the election by doing nothing.

However to send the letter in the first place, without having read the emails or ascertained contents is definitely interfering as prohibited by the act. Nor do they re-open the investigation despite it being portrayed as such. And while you can be damn sure that he sought legal advice, the question is was it good advice, and did he follow it?

This does a pretty good job explaining how it went down:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-fbi-director-james-b-comey-was-able-to-defy-justice-bosses-on-clinton-email-announcement/ar-AAjCNd3?ocid=ob-fb-enus-280

"At the end of the day, if you have the FBI director telling Justice that he has an obligation to tell Congress, there is no way you can direct the FBI to do otherwise," said one official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity."That's too fraught. You can't direct someone to withhold information from Congress. That's not a prudent way to do things."

J70

Look, ultimately this mess is of Clinton's own doing. If she loses due to this, she can't blame Comey, who was caught in an impossible position. She can't even blame Carlos Danger.  It's down to no one but herself.

It's just a shame that the beneficiary could be probably the most ill-qualified and most unprincipled person ever to seek the office. With her, at worst you have an impotent, mediocre president. Who knows what the f**k Trump will bring on for the country?

And to top it all off, the Supreme Court hangs in the balance for the next generation.

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on October 31, 2016, 12:06:34 AM

Whitey,

She is her own worst enemy