Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Lads, this thread is very funny, because I don't watch GoT. Reading the comments about blue eyed dragons, three eyed ravens and other weird shit is a real juxtaposition set next to the comments ye make on football or other threads :)

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 21, 2017, 01:30:31 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2017, 01:12:28 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 21, 2017, 10:26:42 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 21, 2017, 10:19:44 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 21, 2017, 09:18:51 AM
Is this night King a Targaryen or how will he control his new blue eyed dragon?

Is it not that he can control anyone he has brought back to life?

True, True.

I want to know if Bran can control anything too, because the Night King seemed very keen to kill the Three-Eyed Raven.

Is one of the theories not that Three-Eyed Raven and the night king are one and the same?   That there is a connection between them?

Hadn't heard that one myself, but I'm sure there is one. There's so many theories floating about, read one today about Gendry being not just Robert's son, but Cersei's as well, making him the heir to two houses and even the Iron Throne. He has to have been brought back for a meaningful reason anyways.

gallsman

Going by the books, he's likely to be a Stark. Don't think of it as a dragon that has any relationship to the Targaryens any more. It's another wight, that just happens to have the form of a dragon.

Is one of the theories not that Three-Eyed Raven and the night king are one and the same?   That there is a connection between them?

Definitely a connection, linked to Bran's warging abilities. One of the theories is that the reason they were taking so long is that they were simply waiting to be brought the dragon.

Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2017, 02:18:57 PM
He has to have been brought back for a meaningful reason anyways.

I think his smithing ability is going to be his contribution - either making better weapons from dragonglass or "rediscovering" how to make Valyrian steel.

Mike Tyson

True, True.

I want to know if Bran can control anything too, because the Night King seemed very keen to kill the Three-Eyed Raven.

The theory I read on that one was that Bran goes back in time to when the Night King was being created and wargs into him to convince the Children of the Forest to stop, but unwillingly gets trapped inside and is turned into the Night King. Hence why he can see and touch Bran in the visions.

stew

I want to see Tyrion  on the throne at the end, he is the smartest player in the game and comes from royal stock, he is also fair minded and decent, just like his current employer.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

trileacman

This show is a load of old w**k.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

gawa316

Quote from: trileacman on August 22, 2017, 01:10:39 AM
This show is a load of old w**k.

There's a lot to be said for an old w**k now and again ;)

nrico2006

Quote from: stew on August 21, 2017, 04:13:57 PM
I want to see Tyrion  on the throne at the end, he is the smartest player in the game and comes from royal stock, he is also fair minded and decent, just like his current employer.

I like Tyrion but there are a few smarter than him.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

MoChara

Quote from: Mike Tyson on August 21, 2017, 02:37:40 PM

True, True.

The theory I read on that one was that Bran goes back in time to when the Night King was being created and wargs into him to convince the Children of the Forest to stop, but unwillingly gets trapped inside and is turned into the Night King. Hence why he can see and touch Bran in the visions.

Being the 3ER does he not know everything that's ever been so he would know that's what happened the nightking, that's always the quandary with time traveling lol

Syferus

The more I think about it the more I'm sure the last episode was the worst episode of the show. It relies on so many tv tropes and protected even peripheral characters from certain death. It felt like watching a show regress in front of your eyes. The GoT of a few years ago would have killed off most of the 'Magnificent Seven' yet all that died was a character most would struggle to even name. As the show approaches the finishing line it seems to be becoming a much more standard show.

A lot of these deaths are being saved for the final season, and that fact is starting to slap you in the face at this stage. With seven episodes to go there's no time left to be protecting any character.

thewobbler

Quote from: Syferus on August 24, 2017, 03:48:07 PM
The more I think about it the more I'm sure the last episode was the worst episode of the show. It relies on so many tv tropes and protected even peripheral characters from certain death. It felt like watching a show regress in front of your eyes. The GoT of a few years ago would have killed off most of the 'Magnificent Seven' yet all that died was a character most would struggle to even name. As the show approaches the finishing line it seems to be becoming a much more standard show.

A lot of these deaths are being saved for the final season, and that fact is starting to slap you in the face at this stage. With seven episodes to go there's no time left to be protecting any character.

I agree. I found it entertaining but it wasn't in keeping.

While they probably don't have the runtime left to introduce any new characters of significance, they've still got a main cast of around 50, so putting a few of them down, as we've now come to expect in a penultimate season episode, should have been done. Losing a fecking dragon doesn't count.

---

Tyrion isn't that smart at all. He just has empathy, which is an unusual trait in a high born.

trileacman

Got was never a great show but these last two season have been tripe. Some notable exceptions aside like battle of the bastards and blowing up the sept were grand but the rest is poorly scripted filler. There's times it's little better than hollyoaks in chain mail.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

nrico2006

Quote from: trileacman on August 24, 2017, 10:23:31 PM
Got was never a great show but these last two season have been tripe. Some notable exceptions aside like battle of the b**tards and blowing up the sept were grand but the rest is poorly scripted filler. There's times it's little better than hollyoaks in chain mail.

GOT is arguably the best show there has been.  I have watched most of the better ones and it is definitely up there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Maybe there should be another thread on "How to make a better Game of Thrones" . . .

stew

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 22, 2017, 08:46:13 AM
Quote from: stew on August 21, 2017, 04:13:57 PM

I like Tyrion but there are a few smarter than him.

Easily the best Character in the show. he will end up on the throne at the end and kill his sister in the process, great show that is in danger of becoming a shadow of what it once was, the last couple of episodes have been the weakest I have ever seen out of this franchise.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.