Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maximus

What time will Andy Lee fight be on?

tyroneboi

Khan fight is on ITV at 2.40am. Winder what the story is there with it being on terrestrial TV? Mustn't be proving to be a big enough draw for Sky or else they would have been all over this fight.

CiKe

Mitchell blown away in 3 by Katsidis. Just overwhelmed. Don't see Katsidis beating JMM however but would like to see him rough Khan up - don't think Khan could live with his pace.

tyroneboi

Fcuk sake missed it was just logging onto justin.tv to watch it.

Edit: Just seen the highlights - impressive stuff from Katsidis.

Rav67

Quote from: tyroneboi on May 15, 2010, 10:22:04 PM
Fcuk sake missed it was just logging onto justin.tv to watch it.

Edit: Just seen the highlights - impressive stuff from Katsidis.

Have a link for the highlights?

tyroneboi

Seen the highlights on the skysports stream on justin.tv. Kastsidis caught him well with a left and there was no way Mitchell could recover from it.

CiKe

Khan stopped him in 11. Not seen it but dominated him by all accounts from the opening bell

sammymaguire

I would not have liked to have paid in to watch Andy Lee's fight last night, awful spectacle
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

gallsman

Stayed up for Khan fight. Never really in any doubt and Malignaggi had to convince his corner and the doctor a couple of times that he could go on before the ref stepped in. Khan got caught a few times though. Anyone know the story on how much longer Freddie roach can keep training? He looked worse than ever last night.

Katsidis was impressive, if a little ragged. Was chomping at the bit before the first bell only for the first round to be very tame. A few massive rights ended it in the third.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: CiKe on May 16, 2010, 09:07:58 AM
Khan stopped him in 11. Not seen it but dominated him by all accounts from the opening bell

Not really. The rounds were actually close enough up until about the 6th. Khan kinda took charge from then on. Mallinaggi is feather fisted.

PadraicHenryPearse

For anyone who hasn't seen the fight before. Youtube Katsidis v Earls. amazing fight some years ago.

Zapatista

I watched the Lee fight on Saturday on RTE (I think?). What was the story with the panel all wearing the big ear and microphone pieces? It looked like something from the 70s. Is that for show or do they not have any modern equipment?

Here

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1072819

Atticus_Finch

Mayweather vs Pacquaio has moved a step closer to happening.

Pacman has compromised and agreed to get tested 14 days before the fight.

The original negotations for the fight in March broke down when he wouldn't agree to the 14 day time frame a compromise proposed by Mayweather.

Be interesting to see what happens now ...  i can't see Mayweather saying "fine, let's get this fight on" ... he is still likely to make it difficult.

Can't remember this myself, but apparently straight after the Mosley fight Mayweather said that the 14 day compromise was out the window and that Pacman would have to subject himself to the same style of testing that Mosley and Mayweather did.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

omagh_gael

Anyone watching the European Championships?

My cousin, Tyrone Mc Cullagh, secured his bronze medal today after beating ex European champ 6 -2. Marty Morrisey kept refering to him as a Donegal man when in fact he is a Derry city man boxing out of a Donegal club.

Fair play Tyrone and the other 4 lads who have secured medals for Ireland.

JimStynes

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 09, 2010, 08:19:06 PM
Anyone watching the European Championships?

My cousin, Tyrone Mc Cullagh, secured his bronze medal today after beating ex European champ 6 -2. Marty Morrisey kept refering to him as a Donegal man when in fact he is a Derry city man boxing out of a Donegal club.

Fair play Tyrone and the other 4 lads who have secured medals for Ireland.

Some effort from the lads alright. Must be a lonely feeling in the ring once that bell goes. Fair play to anyone who can fight at that level.