Tyrone v Dublin for a place in the aisf. Omagh

Started by rrhf, July 15, 2018, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2018, 11:02:17 AM
Ever watched a dull, lifeless game live on TV, then see highlights and it looks like a great spectacle? (even though you know it wasn't)

Well, never seen Tyr Dub live, but it was the only match highlights I was ever bored watching. What it was like to watch live, I dread to imagine.

Up to Sunday it was definitely the best game so far of the Super 8s. The games in Sunday eclipsed it though. I thoroughly enjoyed the game whilst at it and the defending was absolutely top notch.

trailer

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 24, 2018, 09:48:05 AM
A common theme in losing circles in the GAA, blame the ref. Fans and managers a like.

No one from the Tyrone management blamed the ref that I saw.

trailer

Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2018, 11:02:17 AM
Ever watched a dull, lifeless game live on TV, then see highlights and it looks like a great spectacle? (even though you know it wasn't)

Well, never seen Tyr Dub live, but it was the only match highlights I was ever bored watching. What it was like to watch live, I dread to imagine.

I really enjoyed. Two super fit teams, really going at it. Great game of football.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on July 24, 2018, 11:08:59 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on July 24, 2018, 09:48:05 AM
A common theme in losing circles in the GAA, blame the ref. Fans and managers a like.

No one from the Tyrone management blamed the ref that I saw.

Even when Sidebottom tried to pry it out of Harte, he refused to blame the referee.

BennyCake

TheGreatest

MH didn't, in general I meant,  Cian O Neill having a go also.

McGuinness talks a lot of sense re the tackling, frees and ref here - https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/jim-mcguinness-rivals-must-master-patience-game-against-dublin-1.3574130

Its a fair analysis

Blowitupref

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 23, 2018, 12:42:08 PM
Despite a total disaster from the tickets.ie crowd messing up my pre match plans I suppose I enjoyed the game and especially the way the fans got behind the team and made it a good atmosphere. I dont like the way though we always need the team to do something before we get our voices. Sometimes we need to be the ones to lift the team.

Anyway, I thought the ref was terrible and made some huge errors in judgement where he would give a foul for something and then 10 mins later the exact same thing he wouldn't which leaves players confused and frustrated
The lack of cards for both teams looked like he wanted to let the game flow and not spoil it with cards.

I am pleased the way we came back into it in the end but as I said before the game I'd love to see a few big high balls landed in to Richie or whoever (Loughran) to test Cluxton and Co. We've saw in loads of games this year and last but especially yesterday the Kerry game how a high ball in can often cause panic and lead to a goal yet we never really tried it. Maybe once. I bet Donegal use it when Murphy is in there.

I felt frustrated that we wait so long before really going for it. So often we seem to be holding back almost scared to run at them in case they counterattack us like last years game.
I was shocked at Burns and McAliskey going off and yet again our free taking was letting us down. I thought RoN might not have the pace for this game but that free was a bad miss for a man on his home patch.

We can dream of beating the men from the Hill and maybe a "EASY" semi v Monaghan or Galway ( I jest lads, chill) but should we beat Donegal it seems a reasonably easy run we've had this year compared to some. Poor Monaghan have it very tough. I feared those misses they had in the first half yesterday could prove crucial and so now they have to go and beat the 2 in row Connacht champions in their own back yard. I think Kerry will sneak in second so it could be a semis pairing of
Kerry v Dublin
Galway v Donegal

Did anyone see Scooby Doo her on Sat?

http://www.gaa.ie/football/connacht-gaa-football-senior-championship/galway-roscommon/1059247/
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

WT4E

Been listening to the reaction after this game - Not alot of pundits mentioning Tyrone to progress to a final. I am more hopeful than before the game - I think Tyrone have nearly stumbled across a nice mix if they can be more confidenve in the players ability. Whilst Dublin deserved the victory there are a number of factors that haven't really been highlighted in the media:

- Dublin goal was very unlucky for Tyrone as it came back off Morgan right back to McCarthy
- Ref seemed to favour Dublin in the 50/50 calls
- Dublin appeared very rattled when Tyrone pushed up in the last 20 - with Cluxton even kicking ball away
- Dublin resorted to pulling Tyrone lads down near the end holding on to their lead
- If O'Neill had of nailed the free - Tyrone would of had another 2-3 mins to muster an equaliser

Don't think we are capable of beating Dublin in a final but think we are more than capable of getting there.