Leinster Senior Club Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 20, 2017, 09:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on December 18, 2017, 03:17:29 PM
FAir enough it didn't go straight over but he got to take it from the 45 as opposed 55 or 60 metres out. Great leap from Sweeny to knock it back and they got the bit of luck.
That luck being, a player left standing entirely on his own on the edge of the square in the 6th minute of injury time in a Leinster Final, with the scores tied. There's luck and there's abdication of responsibility. It was brought up 10 yards, 55 to 45. I'm sure had it landed on the 21, Lomans would still have managed to make a balls of it, given the way they had collectively collapsed. Sad to see, but thats what happened.

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on December 18, 2017, 03:30:33 PM
Depends which side of the fence you're on!
Even Moorefield would admit they were f**king steeped to get back into that game.

redsetanta

They thought they were home and hosed and they had started the time wasting, cynical fouling (black card and a sending off) etc After switching off like that it's wasn't possible switch back on as Moorefield were like men possessed.

The centre backs run to win that ball that led to the goal was one of those where he went through the gap without fear of de-capitation. Got possession and fired it into the square.

There'll be a song written about it no doubt!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

I'd say they're definitely singing today anyway

Heshs Umpire

Thought it was surprising to see O'Loughlin come on for Lomans. He never really made it with Killeen so to see him come in at such a pivotal moment shocked me.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

redsetanta

Even Dempsey was thinking about the post match celebrations!

Unlaoised

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on December 18, 2017, 09:19:22 PM
Thought it was surprising to see O'Loughlin come on for Lomans. He never really made it with Killeen so to see him come in at such a pivotal moment shocked me.

It was a token jesture that back fired big time....I'd say not many in St Lomans could believe he came on either......

As the next poster said it was a case of Luke Dempsey thinking of the celebrations
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on December 20, 2017, 05:30:56 PM

It was a token jesture that back fired big time....I'd say not many in St Lomans could believe he came on either......

As the next poster said it was a case of Luke Dempsey thinking of the celebrations
Anyone got the appearance list for BOL with SL this season?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

A case of Luke Dempsey looking after the relations....
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Keyser Söze

It's starting to look like there is a certain well connected group of people who Don doesn't like being criticised!!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 27, 2017, 12:35:57 AM
It's starting to look like there is a certain well connected group of people who Don doesn't like being criticised!!
Draw up a list there for posterity.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on December 20, 2017, 06:01:07 PM

He was brought on in injury time in any game they had a decent lead in. Didn't start games.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on December 27, 2017, 04:43:04 PM

He was brought on in injury time in any game they had a decent lead in. Didn't start games.
Yes, brought on to see games out. Not his fault on this occasion those around him completely shit the pot.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on December 27, 2017, 06:37:42 PM
Quote from: SCFC on December 27, 2017, 04:43:04 PM

Yes, brought on to see games out. Not his fault on this occasion those around him completely shit the pot.
;D ;D ;D