Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

That's amazing odds for a team travelling to Killarney.
Considering the competitive squad we have I'm surprised by a few of those subs.

Mickey has never been shy to pick Errigal men over other players over the years as we know even going back in 2003 but I'd say Peter would rather Mickey wasn't so keen to play Darragh so soon but I think Mickey knows it will raise the interest in Tyrone this year and is good for Mickey and Errigal.

Would have thought Meyler at wing back and Kernan in the corner. Was out on the pitch after the game last Sat and so many of the players are now huge and so bulked up. Even McCurry is strong looking now and I have a feeling Mulgrew could be in for a great year. Where does he play for Ardboe?
A friend compared Kennedy to Anthony Tohill but so I'm looking forward to seeing him this Sunday as I've not seen him yet.

I see in the Irish News where Mickey says he finds it hard to pick 26 and to leave lads out who have been working their a$$ off in training. He says why not just allow your whole squad at least tog out and not feel like they've no chance of playing on the day.

Are many of ye coming down on Sat night for the Q&A night in the Killarney court with Canavan and Moynihan?

Norf Tyrone

Tyrone consistently release their team on Sunday evenings. Do all counties do this? Noseying around looking for other Ulster starting 15s, I can't really see any.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 24, 2019, 03:46:01 PM
Thought Sludden was good in the Derry semi final.

Hearing he wasn't dropped for field performances but for a lack of discipline off the field

tyroneman

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 25, 2019, 08:53:57 AM
Are Hampsey and Burns injured?

Hampsey on the way back from injury,

Don't think Burns played last time out for UUJ in the Sig, so guessing he's not 100% either

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on January 25, 2019, 12:52:53 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on January 24, 2019, 03:46:01 PM
Thought Sludden was good in the Derry semi final.

Hearing he wasn't dropped for field performances but for a lack of discipline off the field

Long predicted as to why he wouldn't push on. Shame.

Fuzzman

What age is Burns?

Do people think we will be as open as we were in the McKenna cup?
I see Mickey said he's happy enough for Morgan to come out the field as much as he once as long as its sensible.
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/2019/01/25/news/tyrone-boss-mickey-harte-gives-niall-morgan-the-green-light-to-advance-1535691/

Is McKernan the new Rory B after his great year last year?

omagh_gael

Burns (as well as Meyler etc) must be around the 24/25 mark now considering they won the u21 AI in 2015.

deadman

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 25, 2019, 02:03:32 PM
What age is Burns?

Do people think we will be as open as we were in the McKenna cup?
I see Mickey said he's happy enough for Morgan to come out the field as much as he once as long as its sensible.
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/2019/01/25/news/tyrone-boss-mickey-harte-gives-niall-morgan-the-green-light-to-advance-1535691/

Is McKernan the new Rory B after his great year last year?

How ridiculous is the idea of Morgan playing outfield? (Stay with me...)
Someone said it me recently and I dismissed the notion entirely, but is there a school of thought that he could be inter-county standard as an outfielder? Thoroughly impressive for Edendork last year in a number of positions across the field, I don't think his athleticism and skill would be lacking.

Gaafan2

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 25, 2019, 03:01:35 PM
Burns (as well as Meyler etc) must be around the 24/25 mark now considering they won the u21 AI in 2015.

Frank is 24.

Fuzzman

Yes there is a lot of talk around that alright but I think he's doing just fine in goals.
Yes every so often there is a mess where his short kick out goes wrong but more often that not it's because the defender is not alert to his man cutting in, in front of him.

I think as he matures he is becoming more composed and not getting so involved with other players or their fans.

on the sideline

Are tg4 showing the match tomorrow?

Jim Bob

Quote from: on the sideline on January 26, 2019, 10:22:55 AM

No it's not.

Canavan pulling no punches re Tyrone approach to development of coaching in Independent today

on the sideline

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 26, 2019, 12:03:29 PM

No it's not.

Canavan pulling no punches re Tyrone approach to development of coaching in Independent today

Any station showing it do you know?

Jim Bob

Quote from: on the sideline on January 26, 2019, 12:56:55 PM

No it's not.

Not on tv at all. Wireless job

Any station showing it do you know?

PMG1

No it's not.

Can you post the article