TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 31, 2021, 12:34:27 AM
Quote from: Never Give Up on October 31, 2021, 12:23:00 AM
Tyrone club championship the way to go for RTE. Unsurpassed
great match

I'd agree it was entertaining and fairly open but I thought the standard was poor enough. In the first half in particular there were so many unenforced handling errors. Still a good watch though but the other semifinalists won't be quaking in their boots.

Silver hill

Unsurpassed surely....though generally only until the first round of Ulster.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: lenny on October 31, 2021, 07:19:47 AM
great match

I'd agree it was entertaining and fairly open but I thought the standard was poor enough. In the first half in particular there were so many unenforced handling errors. Still a good watch though but the other semifinalists won't be quaking in their boots.

"Unenforced", WTF!?

Though it would explain Derry club football's recent travails, if gangs of marauding midfielders are dishing out enforcement to foul orders on pain of general on-field mayhem breaking out! :P

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

drici

Dia Domhnaigh 07 - 11 - 2021

Ballyhale Shamrocks v O'Loughlin Gaels   beo
1-30pm

Naomh Adhamhnáin v Naomh Conaill   beo
3-15pm

Tatler Jack

Yesterday marked 25 years since TG4 was launched. It is worth acknowledging the great coverage it has given to GAA club games across the country.  Maith sibh TG4! 

lenny

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 01, 2021, 01:05:48 AM
great match

"Unenforced", WTF!?

Though it would explain Derry club football's recent travails, if gangs of marauding midfielders are dishing out enforcement to foul orders on pain of general on-field mayhem breaking out! :P

It's not that hard to understand, numerous players were dropping the ball even when they were in yards of space. It's understandable for players to drop the ball if they're being tackled or under pressure. Both teams had some really good footballers but there were quite a few really average players on view also.

LeoMc

great match

"Unenforced", WTF!?

Enforced errors are a blight on the game. Need a rule change to eliminate players enforcing errors.

lenny

Quote from: LeoMc on November 01, 2021, 09:09:53 AM
great match

"Unenforced", WTF!?

Enforced errors are a blight on the game. Need a rule change to eliminate players enforcing errors.

😂😂

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: lenny on November 01, 2021, 06:58:17 AM
great match

"Unenforced", WTF!?

It's not that hard to understand, numerous players were dropping the ball even when they were in yards of space. It's understandable for players to drop the ball if they're being tackled or under pressure. Both teams had some really good footballers but there were quite a few really average players on view also.

Nothing here to be understood, just somewhat amused and bemused by the neologism you've just created, ie, unforced errors, and not unENforced, d'oh!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

general_lee

Tyrone has the best championship in Ulster hands down. The eventual winners might not progress far in Ulster but this myth of Derry being strongest has surely ran its course. In how  many other counties would you get a cricket score in a semi final?

lenny

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 01, 2021, 12:19:20 PM
Quote from: lenny on November 01, 2021, 06:58:17 AM
great match

"Unenforced", WTF!?

Nothing here to be understood, just somewhat amused and bemused by the neologism you've just created, ie, unforced errors, and not unENforced, d'oh!  :P

Fair enough, point taken. Not sure why I said unenforced. The point remains though that the match was very entertaining but there were lots of unforced, quite basic mistakes which surprised me. Some really well taken scores also.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: general_lee on November 01, 2021, 12:35:36 PM
Tyrone has the best championship in Ulster hands down. The eventual winners might not progress far in Ulster but this myth of Derry being strongest has surely ran its course. In how  many other counties would you get a cricket score in a semi final?

Tyrone has the most competitive championship and that's a fact. The questions are will the eventual winners push on for once this year as I think Ulster will be quite open with a few potential 'new' teams in in. Definitely new Antrim champions, strong 'new' candidates in Armagh and maybe Derry. Other counties not guaranteed big favourites apart from maybe Scotstown in Monaghan. Ulster could be ripe for a team going on a run

Armagh18

best in terms of excitement but the teams mustnt be very good if they can't win Ulster.

Eire90

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 01, 2021, 02:08:30 PM
best in terms of excitement but the teams must be very good if they can't win Ulster.

probably exictment because its open draw straight knockout which i think all county championships should be if they have the numbers county leagues are there to provide teams with multi game format  like donegal should be straight knockout  how many counties actually do a straight knockout format.

general_lee

Quote from: Eire90 on November 03, 2021, 03:52:54 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 01, 2021, 02:08:30 PM
best in terms of excitement but the teams must be very good if they can't win Ulster.

probably exictment because its open draw straight knockout which i think all county championships should be if they have the numbers county leagues are there to provide teams with multi game format  like donegal should be straight knockout  how many counties actually do a straight knockout format.
I would agree with this. Straight knock out is much better. Armagh reverted to straight knock out due to COVID and the past two seasons have been much more exciting and there's always the potential for underdogs to provide a shock