County managers calling off club games

Started by ck, April 28, 2014, 12:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

I spoke to a Donegal supporter today in Croker who was telling me about the absolute farce that took place in Donegal last weekend regarding club fixtures. Jimmy McGuinness rang the county board from Portugal to call off the club fixtures as his players might be tired. The county board duly oblige, leaving the club players fuming. This just isn't on.
Where is the GAA and GPA on this? County managers are now running county boards.

Hound

Quote from: ck on April 28, 2014, 12:33:07 AM
I spoke to a Donegal supporter today in Croker who was telling me about the absolute farce that took place in Donegal last weekend regarding club fixtures. Jimmy McGuinness rang the county board from Portugal to call off the club fixtures as his players might be tired. The county board duly oblige, leaving the club players fuming. This just isn't on.
Where is the GAA and GPA on this? County managers are now running county boards.
Seriously, blaming the GPA because the Donegal clubs allow McGuinness to run the county board???

The Donegal clubs voted for this, they are the only ones who can deal with it, if they want to. Nothing to do with outsiders.

Rossfan

Everything is the GPA's fault (on this Board).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on April 28, 2014, 11:03:40 AM

If fairness, Rossfan, if lawnseed was here he'd probably blame the Stoops, rather than the GPA.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: armaghniac on April 28, 2014, 11:05:40 AM

If fairness, Rossfan, if lawnseed was here he'd probably blame the Stoops, rather than the GPA.
;D ;D
Or "Gimp Kenny" as he'd put it
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Tony Fearon would blame anti-Catholic bigots, the IFA, the DUP and Arsene Wenger.
MWWSI 2017

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: muppet on April 28, 2014, 01:08:23 PM

Tony Fearon would blame anti-Catholic bigots, the IFA, the DUP and Arsene Wenger.

And probably the bin-dippers.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Jinxy

The Donegal clubs will be playing plenty of football this summer so I wouldn't worry about it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ck

Not blaming GPA directly but could they not make themselves useful and sort a few issues out? Maybe club players need to get their own body? ClubGPA? The real GPA? Continuity GPA?  :o

Hound

Quote from: ck on April 28, 2014, 05:03:45 PM
Not blaming GPA directly but could they not make themselves useful and sort a few issues out? Maybe club players need to get their own body? ClubGPA? The real GPA? Continuity GPA?  :o
Club players already have their own "body". Their own clubs. They voted to give Jim all the power he wants.