?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Keyser soze

Quote from: Drumraghexile on September 05, 2019, 10:41:20 AM
reports made out everyone was split over the appointment of gallagher.

seems like more than alot of you gaels are more than happy with him.

Think it was more the cackhanded way the appointment process was handled which was disrespectful to the clubs and the men nominated which has left a bad taste.

And which is par for the course with the Derry CB. And that applies to both the cackhandedness and the lack of respect.   

JoG2

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 05, 2019, 02:04:44 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 04, 2019, 04:07:40 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on September 04, 2019, 03:29:04 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 04, 2019, 02:31:29 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on September 04, 2019, 01:18:37 PM
Quote from: restorepride on September 03, 2019, 09:49:02 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 03, 2019, 08:33:45 PM
More to the point what's O'Kane sprouting this all in the papers and not let it be dealt internally between the County board and the clubs at the meeting. Good to know the pound signs for the paper come before been a Derry Supporter.
+ 10. Think his latest contribution will not even sit well with more mature journalists or with Irish News. Trying too hard. Getting too personal.

That's balls on both of your points. He is simply doing his job.

I'd agree with the 2 men above. You're talking about volunteers at the end of the day who give up their time for the county. To have inaccuracies about them and their procedures splashed all over the back pages of the IN doesn't sit well with me. It's tabloidesque, gossipy gutter press stuff.  This mornings article had a glaring untruth in it (if you're to take the CB at their word last night).

Call out the inaccuracies then.

Read the articles and then speak with your club delegate who was at the meeting last night. He / she will know

You are the man saying that the story had inaccuracies and untruths. Call them out.

Unlike the IN, I'll not be discussing the ins and outs of the meeting on a public forum. So again, ask you club delegate or anyone you know who was at the meeting, they'll tell you

oakleafgael

Quote from: JoG2 on September 05, 2019, 02:57:06 PM
More to the point what's O'Kane sprouting this all in the papers and not let it be dealt internally between the County board and the clubs at the meeting. Good to know the pound signs for the paper come before been a Derry Supporter.
+ 10. Think his latest contribution will not even sit well with more mature journalists or with Irish News. Trying too hard. Getting too personal.

I'd agree with the 2 men above. You're talking about volunteers at the end of the day who give up their time for the county. To have inaccuracies about them and their procedures splashed all over the back pages of the IN doesn't sit well with me. It's tabloidesque, gossipy gutter press stuff.  This mornings article had a glaring untruth in it (if you're to take the CB at their word last night).

Read the articles and then speak with your club delegate who was at the meeting last night. He / she will know

You are the man saying that the story had inaccuracies and untruths. Call them out.

Unlike the IN, I'll not be discussing the ins and outs of the meeting on a public forum. So again, ask you club delegate or anyone you know who was at the meeting, they'll tell you

The hypocrisy of that reply sums it all up.

JoG2

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 05, 2019, 02:58:28 PM

Clubdelegate.com

restorepride

'Simply' is a good word to use. Very poor reporting and clear bias against recent appointments. Stick you balls over the bar, always good advice!

Silver hill

Quote from: JoG2 on September 05, 2019, 03:18:48 PM

Jo62, he called you out and you had no reply...why? Possibly because everything that was stated in o'k's article was correct.
The two main points concerning the meeting was the fact that due process wasn't followed which is indisputable as Barker asked Jonny Mcbride to run with Gallagher as his no.2 despite the fact that he clearly knew his name was still in the hat. Barker tried to defend his position at the meeting by insinuating that Mcbride had intimated earlier that he wanted to be a no.2. Mcbride had stated that he would have considered being no.2 to Malachy O'rourke but no one else. Whilst not incorrect, Barker was, at the very least, disingenuous in what he said. The second issue is Gallagher himself. Personally, wouldn't be for me; 3 different clubs and 2 different counties ( would have been 3 only Dublin told him where to go) spells complete mercenary for me. Above all that however, is the mistake made by previous chair in appointing a director of football with the power that goes with that. His record since appointment speaks for itself. He should resign. Derry need to urgently appoint a 5-6 man football committee to oversee coaching, structures and appointments. Finally, it was telling on the night that there was no representative from the Castledawson club there despite the fact that they were responsible apparently, for Gallaghers nomination. Call me a sceptic, but I would hazard a guess that this was cobbled together after Gallaghers approach, to make it look better.
Paddy crozier summed it up, where are Derry going with this appointment? Time will tell.

restorepride

Quote from: Silver hill on September 05, 2019, 07:42:27 PM

Jo62, he called you out and you had no reply...why? Possibly because everything that was stated in o'k's article was correct.
The two main points concerning the meeting was the fact that due process wasn't followed which is indisputable as Barker asked Jonny Mcbride to run with Gallagher as his no.2 despite the fact that he clearly knew his name was still in the hat. Barker tried to defend his position at the meeting by insinuating that Mcbride had intimated earlier that he wanted to be a no.2. Mcbride had stated that he would have considered being no.2 to Malachy O'rourke but no one else. Whilst not incorrect, Barker was, at the very least, disingenuous in what he said. The second issue is Gallagher himself. Personally, wouldn't be for me; 3 different clubs and 2 different counties ( would have been 3 only Dublin told him where to go) spells complete mercenary for me. Above all that however, is the mistake made by previous chair in appointing a director of football with the power that goes with that. His record since appointment speaks for itself. He should resign. Derry need to urgently appoint a 5-6 man football committee to oversee coaching, structures and appointments. Finally, it was telling on the night that there was no representative from the Castledawson club there despite the fact that they were responsible apparently, for Gallaghers nomination. Call me a sceptic, but I would hazard a guess that this was cobbled together after Gallaghers approach, to make it look better.
Paddy crozier summed it up, where are Derry going with this appointment? Time will tell.
Castledawson are "responsible for" Gallagher's nomination!  Are clubs not allowed to nominate or did they commit a crime? If what you say is true then the IN article is even more inaccurate!!

Silver hill

Quote from: restorepride on September 05, 2019, 09:09:50 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on September 05, 2019, 07:42:27 PM

Castledawson are "responsible for" Gallagher's nomination!  Are clubs not allowed to nominate or did they commit a crime? If what you say is true then the IN article is even more inaccurate!!

Hopefully you're a little smarter than you're letting on! Just in case, I'll spell it out for you. Gallagher was approached but hadn't been nominated yet. County board officials were perfectly entitled to nominate themselves but knew it would be better looking if it came from a club after the concerns raised at the previous two meetings. A soft club was required. Mr Derry himself gets it sorted.
You're clutching at straws.

JoG2

Called out Silver Hill? Come on.

Either yourself or Oakleaf are welcome to message me on here, but I'm not going to idly chat on a forum about Tuesdays meeting, or tbh, anything other than the football side of things. The CB and all the relevant parties don't deserve it imo

Wildweasel74

End of the day we got a man with inter County experience who took a  good team and a poor team to ulster's the finals. Alot now depends on the on the best players in the county Liam making themselves out of available. Many counties now have outside managers, Derry were one of the few that, outside of Mullins didn't go down that route and that didn't get us anywhere

restorepride

Silver, that was quite a bitter, jealous post!! If you want to be Mr. Derry just nominate yourself.

Silver hill

Quote from: restorepride on September 06, 2019, 11:40:21 PM
Silver, that was quite a bitter, jealous post!! If you want to be Mr. Derry just nominate yourself.
Just dealing with the facts Restore, if that's not palatable for people then so be it. Mr Derry had absolutely no mandate or authority to approach Gallagher. He also ordained Mcivor as director of football, at the end of his tenure, resulting in Derry being at their lowest ebb in living memory. He's also publicly and privately scathing of the current chairman but conveniently forgets that his own lack of planning and succession that resulted in that appointment.

Estimator

4 games done in the Championship, first 3 went with the script. Wins for Lavey, Slaughtneil and Ballinderry. But I'd say that Banagher ruined a few bets this weekend. Lost all 11 League games, had a minus 97 score difference, but they managed to delay the Bellaghy project for another year.
Ulster League Champions 2009

theticklemister

Saynotodrugs

Two big upsets tonight! Coleraine will be kicking themselves! Had more in the tank but with two points up sat back and waited then when the goal went in panic set in and made mistakes! M'felt stole it