Hurling puts football in the shade

Started by Wildweasel74, August 11, 2013, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

IIRC one of them lads used to travel up from Cork for training twice a week for years.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

didlyi

Quote from: Rossfan on September 01, 2016, 04:42:56 PM
IIRC one of them lads used to travel up from Cork for training twice a week for years.

You are some clown rossfan. Beaten by a hurling county and on here mouthing claptrap about football. Yer useless at both games. Tipp would have baten ye up the yard without their sticks aswell.

Wildweasel74

Tight stuff here, Kilkenny 0.12 Tipp 0.;14

StGallsGAA

Kilkenny getting ripped a new one here. Will do well to turn it around. One way traffic for past 15 mins

Jinxy

I dunno lads.
Apparently that was an unbelievable game of hurling.
Personally I found it all a bit flat.
Not within an asses roar of the two KK v Waterford games.
Tipp were full value for the win though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Zulu

It was definitely a flat final and when it was close it was still interesting but it never took off and was done as a contest a long way out.

Jinxy

There is some contrast between the media and supporters willingness to talk up hurling versus the willingness to talk down football.

didlyi

Quote from: Jinxy on September 04, 2016, 05:24:13 PM
There is some contrast between the media and supporters willingness to talk up hurling versus the willingness to talk down football.

Last weeks Dublin v Kerry semi was talked up by supporters and the media because it deserved to be!

Jinxy

But in football, it has to be a legitimately great game before people will do that.
In hurling, the default position is "This is an unbelievable game".
I didn't think today was anything special but most people are raving about it.

didlyi

So is everyone else wrong then? Who is to blame for the 'default' position? What wrong with being positive when players go out and play to the best of their ability and show true honest sportsmanship.

Zulu

But it wasn't a great game today. In saying that I think we get too bogged down in whether games were good or not. It wasn't a great game but it was a very good performance by Tipp.

Avondhu star

I suppose we were waiting for a KK comeback that in our hearts knew wouldnt happen. Tipp showed right from the start that they were not going to be messed with. Waterford in both games in the semi final let evrtyone know that KK were there for the taking. I saw Cody look at his bench a few times and I got the impresssion he was thinking there was nothing there that would change anything. He played Blanchfield Kelly Walsh but the fact isthat they are not the panel they were. You just cant expect to replace JJ Delaney Sheflin Tommy Walsh overnight
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

StGallsGAA

Tony probably reckons Cody is an overpaid bluffer who's been found out today! :D

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on September 04, 2016, 06:20:27 PM
But it wasn't a great game today. In saying that I think we get too bogged down in whether games were good or not. It wasn't a great game but it was a very good performance by Tipp.

It was a good game and I enjoyed it immensely. It's always a great game if your county wins. ;D

Wildweasel74

Cody did make a serious mistake though not changing the fullback for Hickey,Tipp no.14  scored 8/9 from play, the only way Tipp were going to win the day was him having a stormer, galway held him in the semi and Tipp struggled to get over the line with late goals