Bands you for forgot you liked

Started by tonto1888, March 26, 2020, 07:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Targetman

Deacon Blue, (Real gone Kid) class song

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Apparently A-Ha weren't as big in the States, they were seen as a one-hit wonder with Take on Me. I introduced my wife to some of their other stuff last night and she was blown away by how good it was. She'd never heard The Sun Always Shines on TV until last night. Stay on These Roads, Train of Thought, You Are the One (bit on the cheesy side), all great stuff that I'd forgotten how good it is until I listened again and played it back for her. No wonder they were so big at the time, it was great stuff.

armaghniac

The Sun Always Shines on TV because it is generally filmed in southern California.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Awesome song. I've introduced a few yanks to it myself.

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Gmac

Quote from: armaghniac on March 31, 2020, 12:55:59 PM
The Sun Always Shines on TV because it is generally filmed in southern California.
was it an RTÉ sports  stadium intro?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gmac on March 31, 2020, 06:34:32 PM

The Final Countdown was the intro, but they used an instrumental version of The Sun Always Shines on TV for continuity and the like. They did a recap of the 1987 Tour de France that ran over a few weeks, they used it for that.

Substandard

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 31, 2020, 07:47:44 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 31, 2020, 06:34:32 PM

99% sure they used to play it for the GAA Goal of the Season options in hurling and football on Sports Stadium,  if I remember correctly?!

The Final Countdown was the intro, but they used an instrumental version of The Sun Always Shines on TV for continuity and the like. They did a recap of the 1987 Tour de France that ran over a few weeks, they used it for that.

Walt Jabsco

Sorry Seafoid but The Pretenders  would for me come under the category of bands I would like to forget. Just couldn't warm to Chrisie Hynde from day one. Don't know why

bennydorano

Badly drawn boy- Silent Sigh, great tune. I thought he was gonna be around for a long time.