Best thing heard at a GAA match.

Started by mhacadoir, April 26, 2008, 02:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 05, 2009, 12:14:06 AM
"Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick !!!"

Monaghan player, presumably looking the ball off Dick Clerkin.
Must have been in the 1st half - he was taken off early ....

orangeman

I've been trying to find the bit that Paidi said to the Westmeath player at training one night.

Does anyone remember it ?? It was on the TV one night. It was very funny.

Any suggestions ?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: orangeman on July 26, 2009, 04:38:19 PM
I've been trying to find the bit that Paidi said to the Westmeath player at training one night.

Any suggestions ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H15pNImDyvs

Here's the video. Tis on after Dinny Allen's vicious headbutt on Paidí's fist!  :D
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

orangeman

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 26, 2009, 04:50:45 PM

Any suggestions ?

Here's the video. Tis on after Dinny Allen's vicious headbutt on Paidí's fist!  :D

Thanks a lot for that. Pure class.   :D :D :D

Bud Wiser

Same Ref that I described on page 12 of this thread.

Player: Ref, get the ball changed its flat. (Keeps this up but ref ignores him)
Game over and ref walking off the field and said player says to him, you must be deaf as well as blind, how many times did I tell you the ball was soft?
And ref says, I don't know but whatever many times it was how did you know it was soft when you didn't have it in your hand or get a kick at it all day?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

cadhlancian

On a slightly off the subjest note, heard a good one yesterday!
A couple  of  members of the travelling community where in the Gran Canaries last year and after a couple of hours of drinking , an argument  started. The couple who were in their 50's were having a good ould row when the quare one says to himself " don't you love me anymore Michael?", followed by the reply............ "sure don't I ride you and buy you chips!" sorry for the randomness,, but class ;D

Carmen Stateside

Any suggestions ?

First time i have seen that.  He reckons he was lucky not to be sent off!! WTF

orangeman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 24, 2009, 02:15:37 PM

Any suggestions ?

First time i have seen that.  He reckons he was lucky not to be sent off!! WTF
:D
The good old days !!

BennyHarp

I was playing a match in England one day and asked the ref how long was left in the first half and he replied "to be honest with ye, i forgot to bring me watch with me!"
That was never a square ball!!

Hardy

Interesting that the Cork fellas seemed OK with Dinny getting laid out. I can understand that. Didn't happen often enough, really.

down6061689194

Hush falls across croker for Dubs Kerry Minute silence. Lad heading out onto the hill still chatting away fineshes with a loud

"SHEEP SHAGGERS"

Lads ad to fight back the laughter.

5 Sams

One statement you mightnt hear much more of....the manager shouting at a corner back ...."You have to be up his arse at all times"!!!!
The Aristocrat Years

omagh_gael

At a recent Monaghan intermediate semi final 3/4 of the way through the 2nd half and drumhowan are getting pegged back, their main man James mc elroy catches a ball in midfield and starts a run up field, gas running out and his marker catching him when all is relatively quiet and aul man with the thickest monaghan accent roars out "throw her into a higher gear James!!" cue the whole stand bursting into laughter, brilliant.

thebandit

McElroy and his family are lorry drivers as wel!!

At the intermediate final, Drumhowan's 38 year old former county man Stephen McGinnity was on the ball, and this boy (he's 20 going on 70) that only gets into town on a mart day roars in the slowest drawl imaginable - "That's the boy Stevie Wonder"

omagh_gael

Quote from: thebandit on October 24, 2009, 08:54:11 PM
McElroy and his family are lorry drivers as wel!!

At the intermediate final, Drumhowan's 38 year old former county man Stephen McGinnity was on the ball, and this boy (he's 20 going on 70) that only gets into town on a mart day roars in the slowest drawl imaginable - "That's the boy Stevie Wonder"

Ha ha bandit that sounds like one of my cousins!! I love my nights out round ballybay an blayney, hard to beat a load of drunk monaghan men for classic one liners!