Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Zulu

Tight game but I thought Ronan's went for it more and therefore deserved to win.

Harold Disgracey

Well done St Ronan's, delighted for big Leo.

longballin

Fantastic achievement and not a bad game!

Rois

What a result!!! Well done St Ronan's and a very enjoyable game. My husband is down at it, plenty of proud Lurgan folk this evening.

whitey

Like many Mayo teams they couldnt put it away......3 chances at the end to level or even win and they missed all three, including a very kickable free

Captain Obvious

Congrats to St Ronan's deserving winners

Cunny Funt

Quote from: whitey on April 07, 2018, 05:23:53 PM
Like all Mayo teams they couldnt put it away......3 chances at the end to level or even win and they missed all three, including a very kickable free
Stop the stereotyping. Westport inters,Mayo minors and U21s all won All Irelands recently.

whitey

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 07, 2018, 05:31:07 PM
Quote from: whitey on April 07, 2018, 05:23:53 PM
Like all Mayo teams they couldnt put it away......3 chances at the end to level or even win and they missed all three, including a very kickable free
Stop the stereotyping. Westport inters,Mayo minors and U21s all won All Irelands recently.

Good point....I edited my post. I almost threw the iPad out the window with temper at the final whistle

Owen Brannigan

Only the second Armagh school to win the Hogan Cup and the first in 70 years, even if it was with a significant input from Antrim.

BennyCake

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 07, 2018, 05:39:55 PM
Only the second Armagh school to win the Hogan Cup and the first in 70 years, even if it was with a significant input from Antrim.

Yeah but didn't Colman's win the Hogan? They'd be half Armagh.

balladmaker

Some result for St. Ronan's, just 3 years old and land their first Hogan Cup, congrats to all involved.  They showed that they wanted it more, deserving winners.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: balladmaker on April 07, 2018, 06:17:06 PM
Some result for St. Ronan's, just 3 years old and land their first Hogan Cup, congrats to all involved.  They showed that they wanted it more, deserving winners.

Don't think they wanted it any more than Rice College who played the wrong game/tactics.  They were far too defensive and in the end they kicked away their advantage in possession against a team who needed an insurance score but couldn't break the blanket defence.

Thank goodness St Ronan's came out on the right side.

The Gs Man

Wow! Absolutely delighted for St.Ronan's.

Some achievement! Town is buzzing!

A winning point worthy of any All-Ireland final.
Keep 'er lit

nrico2006

Referee was terrible. St Ronans seemed intent on kicking it away, better team and players alot better conditioned. Surprised to see tye Mayo school take off their best forward.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'