FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Should have been ruthless and went after Brendan Rogers when he was sacked. In saying that the players are very poor and the whole set up top to bottom needs revisited. Heard on off the ball that horse racing gets more government funding than soccer. Disgraceful!

Captain Scarlet

The players are not good but it's international football. They are who they are and they looked all over the shop in that system. A manager asking players to do something they clearly can't do at times needs to open his eyes.
We are not even organised. Yet alone talking of playing nice football.

ODowda was v poor. Smallbone kept tucking in leaving loads of space on the far side. Idah was poor too and Knight didn't start for the legs alone. All his calls.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

What were people expecting? It is a very difficult group. Ask Westmeath.
Greece are one of the strongest 4th pot teams. They are on the same level as Oireland  and were playing at home.
The recent record is very poor-   3 wins out  of 20 after beating Armenia in the NL.
The midfield is very limited.
At least they didn't concede any goals from 40 yards out . 0 points after 2 is what you would expect.

They are still at Tailteann Cup level.

From the Bunker

Quote from: DhoireTheas on June 17, 2023, 02:18:31 AM
Both Ireland's losing is always pleasing to see but that is just my opinion.

People like you were the the grasses during the foreign code ban but that is just my opinion.

seafoid

I looked at the transfer values (in million Euro)  of the panel in March

Bazunu   18
Kelleher   8
Coleman   1,2

Egan     7
O'Dowda   2,5
Doherty   9
Omobamidele   6
Collins   22
Dara O'shea   5
Duffy   2,5

Alan Browne   3,2
Cullen   10
Molumby   2,8
Knight   5
Smallbone   2,2
Johnston   0,8
Knight   5

Parrott   4
Ogbene   2
Obafemi   4
Ferguson   10

The average was €6.2 m.
Total was €130m which would be around where Celtic and Rangers are.

Itchy

Think it's the end of the road for Kenny, that was a massive game and he failed miserabley. I am still an advocate of trying to play football as there's no future in hoofball but the truth is the team is a disorganised mess.

Captain Scarlet

In terms of Seafoid I will say I wasn't expecting a win, but some kind of performance whereby we would shut up shop and try to nick something.

But like we don't hold the ball and some teams let us have it knowing we can't do anything with it. Like I said Dyche at Burnley did not just have lads booting it all the time. Likewise Frank with Brentford plays the channels and let's it up quickly when he needs to.

They both started with being stubborn to beat. We are somehow not attacking and get picked off so easily. That second goal was horrific yesterday. Is Lenihan better than O'Shea? He was also asleep for that goal.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on June 17, 2023, 12:08:05 PM
In terms of Seafoid I will say I wasn't expecting a win, but some kind of performance whereby we would shut up shop and try to nick something.

But like we don't hold the ball and some teams let us have it knowing we can't do anything with it. Like I said Dyche at Burnley did not just have lads booting it all the time. Likewise Frank with Brentford plays the channels and let's it up quickly when he needs to.

They both started with being stubborn to beat. We are somehow not attacking and get picked off so easily. That second goal was horrific yesterday. Is Lenihan better than O'Shea? He was also asleep for that goal.

Not defending Kenny but O'Shea is only back from a long term injury. Lenihan played most of the year at Boro.

Baile Brigín 2

We have no right to expect to beat Greece away, but the performance especially in midfield was not acceptable. I'm not sure changing manager will achieve anything, but there are better options than O'Dowda, McClean, Parrott and Idah. And he picks them time and time again.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 16, 2023, 09:53:16 PM
We may not have the players but at least lets get the manager right. Kenny is running out of time.

And bring who in though? Brady is right, it's the worst group of players in 50 years. There are green shoots up to u17 level, but they are 5 years away. He can only piss with the c**k he has got

seafoid

They are ranked 48 by FIFA

That's either lower Division 2 or division 3 in GAA terms.
I don't believe a team ranked 48 in the FIFA system is expected to win away games against similarly ranked teams.
Neither are lower division 2 teams.

The boys in green are very like Meath . The analysis is virtually the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtLMUgVjIoU&t=4980s

Blowitupref

Nine wins in 33 games under Stephen Kenny.

Competition games
Azerbaijan
Luxembourg
Scotland
Armenia

Friendlies:
Malta
Latvia
Lithuania
Qatar
Andorra
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

markl121

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 17, 2023, 02:12:50 PM
Nine wins in 33 games under Stephen Kenny.

Competition games
Azerbaijan
Luxembourg
Scotland
Armenia

Friendlies:
Malta
Latvia
Lithuania
Qatar
Andorra
Honestly didnt think it would even be as much as 9. Scotland game the highlight

seafoid

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on June 17, 2023, 01:14:52 PM
We have no right to expect to beat Greece away, but the performance especially in midfield was not acceptable. I'm not sure changing manager will achieve anything, but there are better options than O'Dowda, McClean, Parrott and Idah. And he picks them time and time again.
Midfield during the Kenny era

2020  v Slovakia :  Stevens (Sheffield United);  Hendrick (Newcastle United), McCarthy (Crystal Palace), Hourihane (Aston Villa);
2021 v Luxembourg : Knight (Derby), Cullen (Anderlecht), Stevens (Sheffield United); Browne (Preston); Collins (Luton Town)

2022 Squad for Scotland and Armenia
Midfielders: Josh Cullen (Burnley), Jeff Hendrick (Reading), Jason Knight (Derby County), Alan Browne (Preston North End), Jayson Molumby (West Bromwich Albion), Conor Hourihane (Derby County), Callum O'Dowda (Cardiff City).

Midfield has been  the weakest part of the team for some time. Typically championship with lower transfer values than the rest of the team. 

Gael80

Quote from: Itchy on June 17, 2023, 09:36:59 AM
Think it's the end of the road for Kenny, that was a massive game and he failed miserabley. I am still an advocate of trying to play football as there's no future in hoofball but the truth is the team is a disorganised mess.

I've my doubts SK will be in charge by 2028 but I think Euro 28 is the FAI's priority. Last night was a tough away game not helped by the June schedule..

Results have not been great under SK however it requires a longer term plan to improve Irish soccer. SK's remit is to develop a pathway into the senior team by linking the different levels together. Players he has brought through will be internationals for the next ten years and I still think Irish soccer will eventually improve because of the work taking place now.