FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themac_23

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2023/03/08/celtic-winger-mikey-johnston-declares-for-ireland-after-receiving-fifa-clearance/

Celtic winger Mikey Johnston is set to play a role in Ireland's upcoming European Championship qualifying campaign after declaring for Stephen Kenny's side having received his international clearance from Fifa.

Johnston, on loan at Portuguese Primeira Liga side Vitória Guimarães this season, is now in line to play in the friendly against Latvia at the Aviva Stadium on Wednesday March 22nd and the opening qualifier against France in Dublin on the following Monday.

Glasgow-born, Johnston qualifies for the Republic of Ireland through his grandfather, who was from Derry. The 23-year old made his first-team debut in 2017 and has since gone on to win the Scottish Premiership three times with the Glasgow club, as well as two Scottish Cups and two Scottish League Cups.

An Watcher

Great to get another player but more importantly, is he much good?  Will he start.  Has he potential

Dag Dog

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: An Watcher on March 08, 2023, 07:48:47 PM
Great to get another player but more importantly, is he much good?  Will he start.  Has he potential
Looks to have gone down badly with the ole ole brigade. He turned Ireland diwn before and looks a long way from being worth the hassle

From the Bunker

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 09, 2023, 06:12:01 PM
New badge ahead of the new kit deal

Looks like they copied Ireland merchandise from Aldi and Lidl.

Captain Scarlet

I see some chat on radio and online re whether Ferguson starts v France. How is there even any debate?
If Kenny doesn't what is the point of the development chatter.
As a manager he should be looking to get him and Obafemi up top.

Unless he is wedded to his own style and systems. Then we hear we don't have the players to play a certain style - one that he doesn't want to change....
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 10, 2023, 09:46:51 AM
I see some chat on radio and online re whether Ferguson starts v France. How is there even any debate?

Unless he is wedded to his own style and systems. Then we hear we don't have the players to play a certain style - one that he doesn't want to change....

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Kenny has a system and Ferguson doesn't fit. Question is does he t**ker to accommodate his only on form striker who happens to be in form in the Premiership or stick to the system that is doing so well. If he doesn't I think that is him refardless of results.

seafoid

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 10, 2023, 10:20:37 AM

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Kenny has a system and Ferguson doesn't fit. Question is does he t**ker to accommodate his only on form striker who happens to be in form in the Premiership or stick to the system that is doing so well. If he doesn't I think that is him refardless of results.
Wasn't the system developed because he didn't have an out and out striker  ?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: seafoid on March 10, 2023, 10:26:17 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 10, 2023, 10:20:37 AM

Wasn't the system developed because he didn't have an out and out striker  ?

Which he now does

seafoid

Captain Scarlet

How strong will he go tomorrow?
Like he surely wants whoever is going to be close to Ferguson v France starting. Allow some game time together.

For France... 3 5 2
Bazunu
O'Shea Collins Egan
Coleman Cullen Knight Hendrick/ Smallbone Doherty
Obafemi/ Ogbene Ferguson

We won't have much ball anyways...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.