FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

I see Harry Arter was subjected to online abuse from Irish morons over rumors that he was thinking about declaring for England. According to Second Captains the story came from a conversation between Jeff Stelling and Paul Merson(and while Arter is still eligible for England, they seemed oblivious to him having been involved with Ireland at all) during their endless hours of televised output. Some day those lads might have one of their interminable, pointless discussions about the Premier League and not broadcast it.

Orior

Are those of us in the occupied six still welcomed at Ireland matches?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Esmarelda

Quote from: screenexile on October 10, 2016, 10:47:07 AM
Unreal the amount of people criticising a team that's won their last 2 matches, not just here but all over the place!! Are Republic supposed to be the new Spain or something? What exactly are people looking for?!!

It's getting Fearonesque at this stage!!
The team deserved the criticism they got for the first half performance against Georgia.

The performance last night was much better. I thought it would be ironic that we'd drop points with a better performance but thankfully the goals came.

I don't think application like last night is too much to ask for.

ashman

Quote from: Orior on October 10, 2016, 12:38:40 PM
Are those of us in the occupied six still welcomed at Ireland matches?

Which , Ireland or Eire ??? Personally I would cross the road to watch either.

Hardy

As far as I know, everybody is welcome except Glasgow Rangers players on opposing teams.

imtommygunn

Wayne Rooney too. He doesn't seem welcome for some reason.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 10, 2016, 02:37:56 PM
Wayne Rooney too. He doesn't seem welcome for some reason.
He's not welcome in Wembley now also if the match the other night is anything to go by.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Not convinced he is too welcome at OT either these days.

There are quite a few "nordies" at the games these days.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: AQMP on October 10, 2016, 12:32:59 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on October 10, 2016, 12:29:32 PM
I see Harry Arter was subjected to online abuse from Irish morons over rumors that he was thinking about declaring for England. According to Second Captains the story came from a conversation between Jeff Stelling and Paul Merson(and while Arter is still eligible for England, they seemed oblivious to him having been involved with Ireland at all) during their endless hours of televised output. Some day those lads might have one of their interminable, pointless discussions about the Premier League and not broadcast it.

Arter has about as much chance as me of making the England set up

In fairness to Arter he has a better chance of getting into the England team than say Mark Noble who will be 150 and still holding out for that England call up or Patrick one good season at Boro Bamford who has been rotting in the Palace, Norwich and Burnley reserves but is definitely the next big thing for England and far too good for Ireland.

AZOffaly

Has that young Grealish lad made an England squad yet?

pearseog

I think along with Hendrick, Arter is probably our best midfielder. He's probably better than some on the England squad too but doesn't play for a fashionable enough team.

Think he'll be a big player for us over the rest of this campaign once he gets his place in the team.

shark

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 10, 2016, 03:36:43 PM

No, and his performances haven't warrented it. Although it can't have been easy being part of the Villa side the past 18 months. Case in point is Idrissa Gueye who has looked 10 times the  better player since joining Everton.
Most of the hysteria surrounding Grealish was off the back of one (albeit superb) performance against Liverpool in the cup semi final in 2015. His performances at a lower level this season have been no better than ok. Suffers from a lack of end product.

laoislad

Quote from: AQMP on October 10, 2016, 04:51:58 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 10, 2016, 03:36:43 PM

Arter has more chance!
I'd say I'd have more chance at this stage.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

Ireland should buy a bit of Venezuela as a player farm.

Capt Pat

Why Venezuela? Colombia would be a better option. I don't think Venezuela have ever qualified for a world cup.